What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup and NYC Squads

The Realist

Juniors
It would be fantastic to see young Waddell fill his potential with the 'Panthers' and not another club. The kid deserves a change in fortunes as he had a horrid run of bad luck with injuries. He must have run over a black cat while walking under the ladder he shouldn't have?

He probably also cracked a mirror whilst 'tripping' over the cat....

Great to hear that he is likely to be staying, that kid could be anything if only we give him a chance!

Fibroman

First Grade
Not only is Waddell a fantastic talent, but is he a champion young bloke. I'd love to see him running around in the #4 at some point in FG next year. He just needs some luck with injuries. He can potentially be as good as Gasnier. Similar height and build and has similar skills.

Guess he will be hoping our super centre gets hurt or permanently stays in the seconf row so he can get a shot or maybe drop jennings?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I actually spoke to Lachlan Coote at the Members GF Party and he told me Waddell had re-signed earlier that day.

Haven't heard anything else anywhere. No info on length of the contract etc.

Fibroman

First Grade
I would guess Waddell would be a year to year proposition due to his injury woes and yet to prove himself at FG level.

For the life of me I fail to understand why our management doesn't try to sign 1 or 2 quality established players instead of 2nd tier maybes? Look at the difference the signing of Chris Mortimer and Peter Kelly made to our club in the late 80's.

Look at the difference Petero has made since coming to Penrith and he is a front rower. Imagine what would happen if we signed a quality half or backrower for 2011.

franklin2323

Immortal
Good Waddell wanted to stay as the club has been good to him However he had F/T squad offers and didin't want to play P/T.

Fibro. I don't think our Management has a club. As of next year we finally use Marquee player rule with Petero (Sanyo's idea not Leary's). What's it been 4 years and we finally use it. The one shining light from these tards over this year we re-signed players well before contracts ending.

MountainMan

Juniors
over age players are as follows ,everett,goldsmith,jones,sarafu,fonoti,pritchard,farkas,waddell,berryman,fraser,twist,duff,grace,mitch davis players staying moylan,pelasio,malakai,austin,seijka,mahoney,cook,alan eisunhuth,tori willie,horton penitani,kilifi tia kilifi,samson sene, and all sgball and academy players are trialling

Who do use think is going to take them positions,obviously the likes of vaipuna tia kilifa in the forwards,but who else?we dont have many shining lights in the backs coming from Ball IMO,althought Compton goes good on his day.
whats the story with the beale boys?william and ali,is ali still with us? did william disappear again?

stretcher

Juniors
Who do use think is going to take them positions,obviously the likes of vaipuna tia kilifa in the forwards,but who else?we dont have many shining lights in the backs coming from Ball IMO,althought Compton goes good on his day.
whats the story with the beale boys?william and ali,is ali still with us? did william disappear again?
I believe william was offered to train on with the 20s after ball season was over but he didnt turn up which is a shame cause he was just hitting his straps in ball in regards to the ball players Sam Hollis has played a couple of 20s games and of course Tom Eisunhuth has played four games in 20s harry seijker has played thirty or so 20s games and then you have Blake South player of the year who will push in there also Tevita Felikatau is a back with pace to burn and Nicolas Matai is potentially a first grader so i think that mix will push for spots next year and forgot Robbie Mate is a 6 or 7 who is big and strong great defender has great hands but lacks a bit of zip......

MountainMan

Juniors
I believe william was offered to train on with the 20s after ball season was over but he didnt turn up which is a shame cause he was just hitting his straps in ball in regards to the ball players Sam Hollis has played a couple of 20s games and of course Tom Eisunhuth has played four games in 20s harry seijker has played thirty or so 20s games and then you have Blake South player of the year who will push in there also Tevita Felikatau is a back with pace to burn and Nicolas Matai is potentially a first grader so i think that mix will push for spots next year and forgot Robbie Mate is a 6 or 7 who is big and strong great defender has great hands but lacks a bit of zip......

Thats a shame about young will...Hollis reminds of a young Waterhouse,alot of potential there,Felikatau will struggle with size at 20s level,he is a very skillfull player but lacks the size IMO and Robbie Mate is not ready for 20s just yet maybe in 2012,i know id rather have Molyon and Seijka as halfs or even will beale if he comes back around...I really think we are going to struggle in the outside backs in 2011,other then Watene and Ali BEale(if his still with us),no1 real stand outs coming through

stretcher

Juniors
Thats a shame about young will...Hollis reminds of a young Waterhouse,alot of potential there,Felikatau will struggle with size at 20s level,he is a very skillfull player but lacks the size IMO and Robbie Mate is not ready for 20s just yet maybe in 2012,i know id rather have Molyon and Seijka as halfs or even will beale if he comes back around...I really think we are going to struggle in the outside backs in 2011,other then Watene and Ali BEale(if his still with us),no1 real stand outs coming through
well your comment on seijka being the answer i disagree he averaged 6 missed tackles a game and offered very little in attack robert mate has him covered in the defence department and is no slouch in attack and the other thing is a big boy makes seijka look like a midget but agree with the rest and just got some late mail william beale is back training with the 20s ....and looking fit ...seijka gets targeted in D..

Spitty

Juniors
See Waddell down at World's gym pretty regularly. (not that I'm training, I take my daughter to swimming there)

His legs are tooth pick thin, no wonder he has injury problems. But kudo's to the bloke, he's using his offseason to do some extra's rather than stuffing his face full of Krispy Kreme's. He seems committed and sometimes that's the hardest hurdle to get over.

Big Mick

Referee
Agree Spitty. THat's his issue.

He's had so many injuries to his knee's that he just hasn't had time to bulk them up.

Soon as he adds some muscle to that area...he'll be fine.

Kilkenny

Coach
It's going to be difficult for Greg Waddell to turn his fortunes around but we are all behind him and we all hope he can. He deserves a change of fortune that's for sure.

MountainMan

Juniors
It's going to be difficult for Greg Waddell to turn his fortunes around but we are all behind him and we all hope he can. He deserves a change of fortune that's for sure.

Ulise Fahina was a far better prospect then Waddell IMO,just didn't get the press coverage.....Well for the right reason....
Chris Durant and Ron Simeon are others that come to mind (as props)

ranga

Juniors
Ulise Fahina was a far better prospect then Waddell IMO,just didn't get the press coverage.....Well for the right reason....
Chris Durant and Ron Simeon are others that come to mind (as props)
The Ron Simeon would be the worlds smallest front row ,4ft 13 and 45 kgs ringing wet

MountainMan

Juniors
Im talking about the prop from the 2007 Matts grand final team...last time i seen the kid play was back then,looked alrite back then....Chris durant was very good,went on to play ball a year young the next season..then went walk abouts as the local mt druitt talents tend to do