What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup and NYC Squads

The Teach

Juniors
The only player in that 20's side that is any chance of playing FG is Greg Waddell. He just needs some luck with injuries.

I hope we re-sign him.

Waddell has been courted by 3 clubs (Storm and Roosters being 2 of them) and will not be a Panther next year. My information, from one of the players in the current Toyota Cup squad, is that he has been told he is free to go.

Big Mick

Referee
FFS.

That'd be right.

Just keep the kid. I know he has been injured...but keep him.

His natural talent alone makes it worthwhile. Who knows...they would be the last injuries he MAY suffer.

If he goes to the Storm he'll be the next Inglis...same with the Roosters.

O'Sullivan has wanted him since he signed that contract with Penrith.

Kilkenny

Coach
What a shame, such a promising career has been ravaged by serious injury.

Surely, signing him for one more year could not hurt.

I'm sure Greg would be prepared to put in the work in the off season and we should give him every chance.

nqcowboy87

Bench
windsor wolves mascot

wolves.png

deadset, if there isnt a more horrifying mascot in the world, i will eat my computer i swear every last bit of it

BOMAR

Juniors
Congratulations to Everett being selected for jnr Kangaroo train on squad. Well deserved as I stated on previous posts, he has been great all year. If you listened to most the posters on here though only one player was any good in our 20's.

The Realist

Juniors
FFS.

That'd be right.

Just keep the kid. I know he has been injured...but keep him.

His natural talent alone makes it worthwhile. Who knows...they would be the last injuries he MAY suffer.

If he goes to the Storm he'll be the next Inglis...same with the Roosters.

O'Sullivan has wanted him since he signed that contract with Penrith.

Yep agreed. And we all know the track record of our management.

Out of Graham, Coote and Waddell - Waddell was easily the most talented of the 3 and at the time the closest to "1st Grade Ready". Injuries have cruelled him but we seriously need to persist with him - Graham and Coote turned out amore than alright. We need to develop him to replace Tighe in two years or replace an aging Michael Gordon that will chase the money next contract he signs.

To be honest an injury free Waddell with a few games would probably be better than Tighe and Earl - and easily far superior to the Turtle and Simmons. If Coote does slot into the halves I'd consider Waddell at fullback even though he would be a gun in the centres.

Fibroman

First Grade
Waddell is a genuine match winner. Just needs some luck with injuries. Earl is ok, but will never be a game breaker in FG.

franklin2323

Immortal
Congratulations to Everett being selected for jnr Kangaroo train on squad. Well deserved as I stated on previous posts, he has been great all year. If you listened to most the posters on here though only one player was any good in our 20's.

He was the best of the 20yo he, Fonati, Farkas are the only decent 1's born 1990 and I wont mind us keeping for Windsor. A few I rate Moyland, Watene-zeleniak, Seijka, Austin, Tia-kilfi, Both Eisenhuth's all still can play NYC again next year and should go great with the extra 12 months under their belt

Fibroman

First Grade
I am unfortunate to be old enough to remember the likes of Alexander, Fittler and Gower at age 18/19. Waddell is the only one in that squad anywhere near that class at the same age. Michael Jennings was also a standout at that age.

Kilkenny

Coach
He was the best of the 20yo he, Fonati, Farkas are the only decent 1's born 1990 and I wont mind us keeping for Windsor. A few I rate Moyland, Watene-zeleniak, Seijka, Austin, Tia-kilfi, Both Eisenhuth's all still can play NYC again next year and should go great with the extra 12 months under their belt

Tom Eisenhuth will be eligible I think you will find Luke will be too old as he will be turning 21 in 2011.

BOMAR

Juniors
I am unfortunate to be old enough to remember the likes of Alexander, Fittler and Gower at age 18/19. Waddell is the only one in that squad anywhere near that class at the same age. Michael Jennings was also a standout at that age.
Really dont understand the point you are trying to make. That was 15-20 years ago. We have had more than 3 first graders come out of the club in that time. Not to mention better jnrs than them in that time that have not gone on to make it. Ask any supporter and they can name some guy they played with way back when, and he was better than such and such. Names like Mark Blackburn,played 1st grade at 16, and what about the hype that surrounded Kevin Hinton, he was going to be better than fittler and alexander put together. Just to annoy you alexander was ok but he was no sterling,langer or johns.

Fibroman

First Grade
Really dont understand the point you are trying to make. That was 15-20 years ago. We have had more than 3 first graders come out of the club in that time. Not to mention better jnrs than them in that time that have not gone on to make it. Ask any supporter and they can name some guy they played with way back when, and he was better than such and such. Names like Mark Blackburn,played 1st grade at 16, and what about the hype that surrounded Kevin Hinton, he was going to be better than fittler and alexander put together. Just to annoy you alexander was ok but he was no sterling,langer or johns.

I'm talking about special players that only come along every few years. Special players that can win you a competition.

You could have a team of top rate plodders, but unless you throw a Fittler, Gower, Alexander in there somewhere, you are not going to win a competition.

Waddell is the only kid in that side from what I've seen that could be the difference between making the top 8 and winning the competition with the right team around him.

Jennings is the same. If we had QUALITY halves and a quality GAME PLAN I'm quite sure that Jennings could have been the difference for us this year, but alas he never saw the ball all season.

stretcher

Juniors
I'm talking about special players that only come along every few years. Special players that can win you a competition.

You could have a team of top rate plodders, but unless you throw a Fittler, Gower, Alexander in there somewhere, you are not going to win a competition.

Waddell is the only kid in that side from what I've seen that could be the difference between making the top 8 and winning the competition with the right team around him.

Jennings is the same. If we had QUALITY halves and a quality GAME PLAN I'm quite sure that Jennings could have been the difference for us this year, but alas he never saw the ball all season.
Note to evryone there is a 20s trial against bulldogs tonight at 6pm at weekender stadium st marys

stretcher

Juniors
Tom Eisenhuth will be eligible I think you will find Luke will be too old as he will be turning 21 in 2011.
Luke who ?the eisunhuths are both eligible next year and the names are Tom and ALAN tom will be 19 and alan will be 20 having played SGBall 2009.........

Fibroman

First Grade
who cares? lets get a kid that has pace, strength and is willing to be coached into a halves, cente or back row position. It's not bloody hard. Too many parents out there with kids with little ability pushing kids into games and positions that they shouldn't be in.

I'd give my left nut to be a talent scout with an ipen cheque book in western sydney. first thing i'd do is tell parents to butt out and let their kids be kids and play their natural games.

It would be great to pluck a kid out of soccer or AFL with heaps of pace, sckill and pump and coach them into a spot, but it won't happen due to over bearing parents, politics and blinkers on peoples faces instead of recognition for genuine ability.

Fibroman

First Grade
who cares? lets get a kid that has pace, strength and is willing to be coached into a halves, cente or back row position. It's not bloody hard. Too many parents out there with kids with little ability pushing kids into games and positions that they shouldn't be in.

I'd give my left nut to be a talent scout with an ipen cheque book in western sydney. first thing i'd do is tell parents to butt out and let their kids be kids and play their natural games.

It would be great to pluck a kid out of soccer or AFL with heaps of pace, sckill and pump and coach them into a spot, but it won't happen due to over bearing parents, politics and blinkers on peoples faces instead of recognition for genuine ability.

Kilkenny

Coach
Luke who ?the eisunhuths are both eligible next year and the names are Tom and ALAN tom will be 19 and alan will be 20 having played SGBall 2009.........

I apologise Stretch, Luke is the oldest of the brothers and has representated Australia in touch footy.

Kilkenny

Coach

I read this post, with some difficulty due to the alcohol fuelled spelling and grammatical errors on page 17 of the thread. Reading it again on page 18 is a little to much to bear.

stretcher

Juniors

The only problem with that idea fibro is that you have to convince player managers not parents they are the ones that fill the players with false hope and the other thing is the talent scouts with open cheque books dont work for penrith they work for storm,roosters and bulldogs so penrith will always lose players to other clubs simply cause they cant offer nowhere the same money they spend all there money to get wayne bennett and players will stay for the opportunity to play under him the dragons juniors will be the teams to beat in the next few years......