What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typical post origin thread.

What I don't understand is when I post something in the merge forum, even less troll-worthy than what STG 002 has posted above, it gets deleted immediately. They can dish it but they can't take it.

On topic, keep Soward there for the series bar injury, let Carney play for the position. If his form warrants it he should be there next year.

Cliffhanger

Coach
i disagree with u bunch of spooner contenders. enjoy supporting your pathetic side. it was great to thrash u in a grand final. you will forever be owned by the dragons.

DRAGONS > roosters
Enjoy the taste of Tony Archer's dick and all the other sexual favours you do to pay off your debt to him.

You don't have to be a Rooster's fan to realise it was a dud ref call which turned the game in your favour.

giggity giggity

Juniors
Enjoy the taste of Tony Archer's dick and all the other sexual favours you do to pay off your debt to him.

You don't have to be a Rooster's fan to realise it was a dud ref call which turned the game in your favour.

ftr I think carney is a better player when fit and in control of his life
but I think you are clutching at straws with your comments above^^:?
the good teams get on with it after a bad call or two ,sadly your team did'nt and unfortunatly the dragoooons had your measure that DAY much like the raiders have had the dragooons measure for the past 10YEARS:shock:

Sowards kicking game was no exsistant in the first half because that was stickys game plan (to ease him in on debut)pearce has been there and knew what to expect,come the second half they where nailed down their end for a majority of the half, hence sowards no exsistant kicking game(I doubt carney could have done any better in that situation,mabey worse cause he tends to go missing when the pressures on),but this doesnt excuse his disappearing act for portions of the game.
Iam not critisizing either player I think they both played ok but I must admit I was shocked as where numerous punters down at the local when we seen soward run it out from their line a few times ,something I doubt he has ever done with his club side.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I don't want to argue about it, because I can't gurantee I'm not being biased. But that call was a shocked of epic preportions.

Rooster Legend

Juniors
ftr I think carney is a better player when fit and in control of his life
but I think you are clutching at straws with your comments above^^:?
the good teams get on with it after a bad call or two ,sadly your team did'nt and unfortunatly the dragoooons had your measure that DAY much like the raiders have had the dragooons measure for the past 10YEARS:shock:

Sowards kicking game was no exsistant in the first half because that was stickys game plan (to ease him in on debut)pearce has been there and knew what to expect,come the second half they where nailed down their end for a majority of the half, hence sowards no exsistant kicking game(I doubt carney could have done any better in that situation,mabey worse cause he tends to go missing when the pressures on),but this doesnt excuse his disappearing act for portions of the game.
Iam not critisizing either player I think they both played ok but I must admit I was shocked as where numerous punters down at the local when we seen soward run it out from their line a few times ,something I doubt he has ever done with his club side.

Have to disagree with that bit. Carney plays unbelievable footy when under pressure.

Look, there's no doubting that NSW would have won if Carney was playing instead of Soward, but they can also win with Soward in the side. He just needs to acclimatise to the increased atmosphere and pressure. Sticky knows this, and that's why he will keep him for game 2 and 3, bar injury.

giggity giggity

Juniors
Have to disagree with that bit. Carney plays unbelievable footy when under pressure.

Look, there's no doubting that NSW would have won if Carney was playing instead of Soward, but they can also win with Soward in the side. He just needs to acclimatise to the increased atmosphere and pressure. Sticky knows this, and that's why he will keep him for game 2 and 3, bar injury.

I agree with everything you posted except pressure/carney
being a canberra fan I have seen him many times crumble under presure
and sure he's at your club now and WAS playing beautiful footy last year but he did crumble under the big match atmosphere that is the grandfinal.
What I saw was the dragooons running up and and putting presure on him
and giving him no time to think which is why he crabbed side way most of that night,but it goes without saying he has played the best footy of his young career at your club and sure the grandfinal is an intense game BUT nothing compared to the pressure and intensity of the S.O.O. series.
so i guees we have to agree to disagree on mr carney :)
have a good w/end mate:D

Monk

Referee
So when we were down against the tigers and he did that epic chip and chase...? That was his way of not handling pressure during a finals game?

Rooster Legend

Juniors
That's exactly what I was going to reply with. Down 15-2 with around 20 minutes to go...and Carney steps up and all of a sudden it's 15-14.

And also the SCG match against St George, down 12-6 and heaps of pressure, Carney conjures something out of nothing and makes it 12-12 right from the sideline and converts with the sun in his eyes, late in the match.

Ahh the memories of Todd Carney... you gotta love em ;)

Dragon2010

First Grade
Pearce played one of his best this year. Myles was running hard and bending the line but I didn't see much of him after the second half. Doubt Carney will get a run but Soward offered nothing. Pearce led the way.

Pearce played well. Good try and solid without being spectacular. Him Jennings and Uate were our best on ground that night. Improved Pearce's defense slightly and he will be a great Halfback to NSW spine for many years to come.

I wouldn't go as far and say nothing his kicking game was off and he seemed MIA at times it seemed to me. But then again his first game and I'm not going to try give some support to the claim.

Good job by Pearce though. Hope this ain't biased lol.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Soward's kicking game was disappointing but he was ok for a debutant, pretty similar to Pearce's first few games actually, clearly took a back seat to the more experienced half.

Hopefully our forwards man up in game 2. We can;t have had mroe than 4 or 5 sets on the QLD line and scored twice. Let's see what they can do with some field position!

Dragon2010

First Grade
Agreed. Hopefully he picks it up next game. Pearce was good as first reciever. Ennis has to stop bloody kicking it!

I agree, The forwards do need to stand-up and get some serious meters in. The field position it gets will work wonders for players like Soward and Pearce (Which we saw when Pearce had some room in the ANZAC match and ran the 80m). Soward can be a strong attacking weapon due to his speed..he just does take the line on enough. Maybe he hates being tackled I don't know.

Carney would be major threat in attack and is better under pressure he would have been in the team but his incident took him out of the game. If he keeps it up would be a sure inclusion for next year Carney/Pearce has to be one of the best combos around at the moment.

giggity giggity

Juniors
That's exactly what I was going to reply with. Down 15-2 with around 20 minutes to go...and Carney steps up and all of a sudden it's 15-14.

And also the SCG match against St George, down 12-6 and heaps of pressure, Carney conjures something out of nothing and makes it 12-12 right from the sideline and converts with the sun in his eyes, late in the match.

Ahh the memories of Todd Carney... you gotta love em ;)

which memories are those ? his drop balls or missed tackles:lol:

seriously though ,as a roosters fan you must admit this was a pressure game for your club as will the next few games be ,and i didnt notice carney step up at all ,come to think of it after all pearce had been through in the last few weeks you'd think carney would've stepped up to take the pressure off his team mate but no.

mate i hate to say i told you so but...........

giggity giggity

Juniors
Agreed. Hopefully he picks it up next game. Pearce was good as first reciever. Ennis has to stop bloody kicking it!

I agree, The forwards do need to stand-up and get some serious meters in. The field position it gets will work wonders for players like Soward and Pearce (Which we saw when Pearce had some room in the ANZAC match and ran the 80m). Soward can be a strong attacking weapon due to his speed..he just does take the line on enough. Maybe he hates being tackled I don't know.

Carney would be major threat in attack and is better under pressure he would have been in the team but his incident took him out of the game. If he keeps it up would be a sure inclusion for next year Carney/Pearce has to be one of the best combos around at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Great attempt at sarcasm there mate:sarcasm:, sad thing is some rooster fans actually beleive you:lol:

Minichiello's best game since sometime in 05? Wow, Mini turned the clock
back tonight. You have my apologies Sir Count.

Pearce, best ever game? Best I can remember and it looked like he was confident and knew exactly what he wanted to do which is something I've never seen him
do for an entire. I hope this is a spark for his career.

Too bad we have the bye this week would loved to have seen how they backed up

Monk

Referee
The only time this year Pearce played that well was round 1 vs the bunnies. I would love to see our game modeled on the blues from tonights game.

Rooster Legend

Juniors
I really hope this could be our season's turning point, right here at Origin 2. Pearce and Mini were flawless, and the rest of our team should be inspired by this effort. Not only that, we should have 7-8 players returning for Round 16, so hopefully no more shit games :D