What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typical post origin thread.

Mong

Post Whore
NSW would have won if Carney was playing..

That sure was a TT classic wasn't it :lol::lol:

The game they lost?

I sure was glad to see Soward the coward congratulate Pearce every 5 seconds "his pass from the scrum" "he steered the team around all night" NSW won and won easily with the handicap of Gasnier, Soward and Merrin to think it could have been better :shock:

I can't wait to see your critique of Soward for game 2. One or two kicks all night finding grass, three or four bombs late in the game only up by 4 which went straight to Slater and the one that Inglis nearly gobbled that would have seen him go the length of the field. We needed Soward to do all the kicking :lol: Took him 6 or 7 attempts to find grass then when he did he took another 6 or 7. I loved the way he dogged kicking from 25 out from his own line by meekly taking a hit up on the 4th, that's the spirit!

Cliffhanger

Coach

Lol an in form Carney is miles ahead of Soward in every department of the game. Soward offers nothing that Carney can't, absolutely nothing. Carney can offer everything Soward can and then some.

Dragons01

First Grade
Lol an in form Carney is miles ahead of Soward in every department of the game. Soward offers nothing that Carney can't, absolutely nothing. Carney can offer everything Soward can and then some.

Carney has had his chance to offer 'everything' the last few times he has played opposite Soward and he hasn't. Where was the everything Carney offered in last years grand final or the other times that the Roosters have come up and lost against the Dragons. On everyone of those occasions it was Carney that came off second best.

Very easy to say what Carney can and would do and how when he is 'in form' he is miles ahead. Just a shame for the Roosters that when he comes up against a Saints or a Melbourne he never seems to be 'in form'.

Dragons01

First Grade
Is that all you've got in defence of Carney that you flogged Melbourne last year? Are you serious - You played Melbourne when Melbourne had nothing to play for and you also played them without Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Smith and Brett White(Roosters minus Pearce/Miles) due to Origin. You flogged half a reserve grade team.

I am not the idiot here, it is the people that keep telling everybody what Carney would do, well he has had his chances in more ways than one. So he can step up anytime he wants to prove the point.

Dragons01

First Grade
Please Dally M player of the year 2010 so what. The Dally Ms lost a lot of credibility that night when they read out that Carney had been given the 3 points in the Roosters loss to the Sharks.

So you are saying Carney doesn't need to step up this year? Are you saying he stepped up in the grand final last year? The whole point is that it is very easy(and not just with Carney) for people to say 'this or that player' would be better or this player is the better selection. Carney might be a fantastic player but the point still remains he has had his chance a number of times against Soward and has so far never done so.

Lol you say so what when he has the award to prove he was the best player of 2010. You bring up Melbourne then discredit them when it works against you, the grand final? Bit hard to do anything without the ball in the second half.

Why are all you Merge fans so sensitive about criticism?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Pre game I said that Mini would not let anyone down, but that was him back to the form he had before he had his back injuries.

Didn't look like he would make any mistakes and ran the ball back hard each time and crossed the stripe.

Dragons01

First Grade
Bit hard to do anything without the ball in the second half.

You had all the ball in the first half and only lead by 2 at half time.

Anyway why do I have to answer for everything I type? You still haven't answered anything with regards to how come everytime Carney has come up against Soward he has come off second best?

As for 'st.merge' fans being sensitive, we are probably the hardest markers on our team and players. But we will stick up for them when other teams supporters continually have an unwarranted dig at an individual player. I will say it again very easy for you to spruke what Carney would do when it actually cannot be proved at the moment, the only thing we have to go on is the past and in the past he has not put it over the current NSW 5/8th.

Last edited:
So it's Carney's fault we didn't win the GF or beat St George last year? Sorry, didn't realise it was a one man mission. Soward never outplayed Carney in any of the 3 games and we actually competed very well in all 3 games the team was up against better opposition on the day and nothing to do with Carney.

If it weren't for Carney we'd have been eliminated in week 1.

fred95

Juniors
Please Dally M player of the year 2010 so what. The Dally Ms lost a lot of credibility that night when they read out that Carney had been given the 3 points in the Roosters loss to the Sharks.

x2 :thumb:clap::clap::clap:
I ca'nt begin to imagine how many times the best player on field played for the losing team. You're post makes no sense at all. Are you new to Rugby League, or just do'nt understand the game?

Dragons01

First Grade
The Roosters competed well in all three games? You do realise that the total scores of all 3 games is 79-26 and you also realise that the Roosters went into every game(or at least 2 of them) at half time in the lead. I think the combined 2nd half total points scored for Saints is something like 60 odd points

As for it being all Carneys fault that the Roosters lost, of course it wasn't. But all we heard the week leading up to the grand final was how Carney/Pearce would outplay Soward/Hornby, how the dynamic combination of again Carney/Pearce would just have to much class for Soward/Hornby. Well we all know now that all that was, was talk just like it is now with people saying how Carney would play all over Soward and be all over Origin. It is just talk and sometimes you actually have to do that talking on the field.

Dragons01

First Grade
I ca'nt begin to imagine how many times the best player on field played for the losing team. You're post makes no sense at all. Are you new to Rugby League, or just do'nt understand the game?

The best player on the field may have played for the losing team but go through the Dally M history and very rarely does a player from losing team get the 3 points, they may get 1 or sometimes 2 but very rarely 3.