What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sat | Raiders 19-24 Storm | Canberra

Round 1 result: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thorson1987

Coach
Hardly a tantrum, also, do you need to swear all the time? Read a dictionary to help widen that vocabulary Thorson.

So now your upset at my language. You really need to grow a thicker skin otherwise you wont last too long on these boards.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Been a bit of an increase in idiot Saints fans around here lately... I blame the disappearance of Gaba.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Billy Slater confirmed his standing as the game's best player. Superstar.

Cooper Cronk yet again impresses and I am certain he will go down as one of the great QLD and Australia halfbacks of all time. The ultimate professional. What a player he is. Unflappable type of player who is the complete package. Just love watching him play.

Canberra showed they are a challenger for the top 8. Promising signs, no more than seeing Campese out there in tough conditions. Really happy he come through unscathed. There was no tougher conditions and he will take great confidence from the game.

thorson1987

Coach
Running your mouth doesn't make you tough, not sure why you think it does.

I don't think I'm tough.

What I'm saying is if you can't handle a bit of swearing, people calling teams by other names or coaches showing emotion after a tough game than you are on the wrong board.

Here's my two cents...

Storm were very composed through this game and their structures are looking sound for round one which is a good thing.

Cronk was superb...his kicking game is spot on and his tactical awareness was outstanding. Slater is Slater...on the money time and time again...what more can you say. His slap on Dugan will not result in anything IMO.

IMO Lowrie and Bromwich were the stand outs in the forwards and Quinn shut down Ferguson apart from the disallowed try which should have been given IMO.

The Raiders will go well this year..Campese looked rusty but he will hit form soon. My only concern is that their big forward pack will get rolled by a team that plays a fast game like Storm.

Good game though...

Y2Eel

First Grade
at the time of posting, yes i wasnt fully aware of the cowboys awfulness

but hey, good on the eels, 2nd worst team so far in opening week

Could be worse could support the green machine ;-) Nah i jokes i aint bitter like you guys to be happy when other teams suck :D

Pokemon80

Juniors
Been a bit of an increase in idiot Saints fans around here lately... I blame the disappearance of Gaba.

I don't think I have ever seen a so called Saints fan speak about other Saints fans in that way before. Do you even attend home games mate?

Pokemon80

Juniors
I don't think I'm tough.

What I'm saying is if you can't handle a bit of swearing, people calling teams by other names or coaches showing emotion after a tough game than you are on the wrong board.

Calling people princess because they don't like a coach acting unprofessional when an opposition player drops the ball, then posting Chopper videos asking me to harden up, is acting tough. You might think you are hard because you swear and carry on like a big man on the internet, but I disagree.

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Raiders will go well this year..Campese looked rusty but he will hit form soon. My only concern is that their big forward pack will get rolled by a team that plays a fast game like Storm.

Good game though...

I have to disagree here. Our kicking game was rusty, didnt find alot of open ground which gave billy slater the chance to bring it back to their own 40-50 a lot of the time but outside of that, i thought our forwards dominated the storm, the storm, i thought the only thing keeping the storm in the forward back battle was the time they we're being given to lay around in the ruck. The storm pack really struggled to stop Fensoom, White, Shillington, TLL and Tilse rolling forward.

the storm pack being what they are, essentially a no big name hard working pack held their own and kept contesting but i felt we won the forward battle for most of the game

skeepe

Immortal
I have to disagree here. Our kicking game was rusty, didnt find alot of open ground which gave billy slater the chance to bring it back to their own 40-50 a lot of the time but outside of that, i thought our forwards dominated the storm, the storm, i thought the only thing keeping the storm in the forward back battle was the time they we're being given to lay around in the ruck. The storm pack really struggled to stop Fensoom, White, Shillington, TLL and Tilse rolling forward.

the storm pack being what they are, essentially a no big name hard working pack held their own and kept contesting but i felt we won the forward battle for most of the game

Agreed. Our forward pack are why we took the lead, not the reason we lost.

thorson1987

Coach

To be fair Slater often makes any kicking game look average with the way he reads it.

You guys have alot to look forward to IF your forward pack all stay fit and Dugan and campese fire consistently.

thorson1987

Coach
Calling people princess because they don't like a coach acting unprofessional when an opposition player drops the ball, then posting Chopper videos asking me to harden up, is acting tough. You might think you are hard because you swear and carry on like a big man on the internet, but I disagree.

Where did I call you princess?
Where did I post a chopper video telling you to Harden Up?
And how is it unprofessional to celebrate when an opposition player drops the ball which means your team wins a close game.

I'll admit Bellamy has been unprofessional in the past (in 08 when smith got suspended) but if you think a coach should just sit there with no emotion after a win you honestly have no idea)

And just for you seeing as though you are still having a whinge.

HARDEN THE f**k UP PRINCESS.

Pokemon80

Juniors
Where did I call you princess?
Where did I post a chopper video telling you to Harden Up?
And how is it unprofessional to celebrate when an opposition player drops the ball which means your team wins a close game.

I'll admit Bellamy has been unprofessional in the past (in 08 when smith got suspended) but if you think a coach should just sit there with no emotion after a win you honestly have no idea)

And just for you seeing as though you are still having a whinge.

HARDEN THE f**k UP PRINCESS.

You sound real tough, troll.

Pokemon80

Juniors
Yep, I'm a troll posting in my own teams game day thread and pointing out your bullshit.

If you can't handle what I have said might be a good idea for you to stay away from The Fight Club then.

What does that movie have anything to do with this?

You are the one that got all upset because I called your coach out, I think it's you who can't handle it.

Pokemon80

Juniors
Oh look more trolls! The word noob doesn't offend me I don't play online video games. Nice try though troll!

thorson1987

Coach
What does that movie have anything to do with this?

You are the one that got all upset because I called your coach out, I think it's you who can't handle it.

Its actually a sub-forum on these boards. I suggest you go check it out. Its in Other Sports. But since I'm a nice guy and all I'll give you a link so you don't have to worry about searching for it.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=109

And I didn't get upset, just pointed out that it is completely understandable how he reacted. You started having a whinge because i used a few naughty words.

haha I love noobs

It's great fun.

Pokemon80

Juniors
Its actually a sub-forum on these boards. I suggest you go check it out. Its in Other Sports. But since I'm a nice guy and all I'll give you a link so you don't have to worry about searching for it.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=109

And I didn't get upset, just pointed out that it is completely understandable how he reacted. You started having a whinge because i used a few naughty words.

It's great fun.

Wasn't having a whinge, simply asked if you could type without swearing, that was all.

Latest posts