What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

applesauce

Bench
TIGJER1352507704_1.jpg

No tradition, no class, no culture.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Why are the Tigers so bad at designing jerseys. I still think a black jersey with a white and orange V is the best for them. Shits on anything they've come up with in the last 10 tears and equally incorporates both sides of the merge.

Without the claw marks its basically a plain white shirt - surely its just a pre-season jersey that was labelled wrong by nrlstore (its also no longer up on nrlstore, but the 2013 training shirts are)
I just think it is a much cleaner jersey than their half arsed attempts at a V jersey, and pretty much anything they ran out on the field with in the last few years.

Diesel

Referee
Whether it be the clubs, marketing or the IC, some of these clowns that make the decision on the jerseys need to go back to the Winfield Cup days to see how a jersey is done.

What's so hard about the Tigers having on Balmain jersey and one Western Suburbs jersey, I'm sure with both jerseys would not clash, ie if they played the Warriors, Storm or Penrith wear the orange, if they play the Dragons, Bulldogs wear the black

BunniesMan

Immortal
The best weve had since 2000 imo

2010jersey.gif
I agree 100% but someone will always complain if #2 or #4 are ever used fulltime because it'll offend someone in Campbelltown or in Balmain.

Personally if I was an old Balmain supporter I'd prefer the black and white hoops to anything the merger has come up with as a jersey. And if I was an old Wests supporter I'd prefer the black and orange hoops to anything the merger has come up with.

innsaneink

Referee
We are NOT Balmain, nor the Magpies.
We are an evolution of both....but we are seperate....Balmain arent even Balmain, they are now a merger with Ryde Eastwood...most people have accepted the JV
No Magpies or BRET in State Cup next year....U/18s SG Ball will be Balmains most senior team....Bundy Cup probably for Wests

Edward

Juniors
Regarding the discussion on the thickness of the Dragon's "V", I think it would be great if it was thicker, such as this one

billysmith.gif

elevenstraight

Juniors
A little OT but I heard on the stgi forum the Dragons are switching to kooga next year. Can anyone in the know confirm/deny?

Cheers in advance

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
We are NOT Balmain, nor the Magpies.
We are an evolution of both....but we are seperate....Balmain arent even Balmain, they are now a merger with Ryde Eastwood...most people have accepted the JV
No Magpies or BRET in State Cup next year....U/18s SG Ball will be Balmains most senior team....Bundy Cup probably for Wests

If WT are the senior rep side for both districts now then surely there's no problem with using the famous jerseys.

The reasoning I could partly understand when Balmain and Wests were still in the NSW Cup and had their own identities. Now there is no reason whatsoever to continue to hide these jerseys from the top level of the game.

innsaneink

Referee
If WT are the senior rep side for both districts now then surely there's no problem with using the famous jerseys.

The reasoning I could partly understand when Balmain and Wests were still in the NSW Cup and had their own identities. Now there is no reason whatsoever to continue to hide these jerseys from the top level of the game.
Theyre not hidden, they are used - varying versions... represented at the appropriate time

flippikat

Bench
2000_wt_jersey.jpg

I think they should go back to this design its so simple and combines colours of both teams.

Agreed - or at least something similar - perhaps with a straight-edged V instead of a jagged one.

The Tigers have one of the best colour palettes in the comp and they constantly come up with the ugliest & busiest designs. Very frustrating.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
That should be our heritage jersey...we need to create our own history.

Why? The Dragons didn't. The Lions still wear old Footscray singlets when playing in Melbourne.

Wests & Balmain had two of the most iconic jerseys in Australian sport and now they have disappeared for no good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts