What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jharal Yow Yeh interview

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?...5629&yow-yeh-returns-but-pride-have-final-say

"
Jharal Yow Yeh took another step towards a return to the National Rugby League by crossing the try-line for the Norths Devils in last night’s Intrust Super Cup match against the Northern Pride.

On the comeback trail after a nasty leg injury, Yow Yeh grabbed an important first-half try for the Devils in the round 11 clash, won 30-10 by the Pride at Barlow Park.

Before last night’s match, Yow Yeh had played two FOGS Cup matches for the Devils.

He replaced Michael Lambert in the Devils’ top grade team, while coach Andrew Wynyard also had the luxury of slotting in Bronco Dunamis Lui.
"

Dazzat

First Grade
Brilliant news for the club. We need some at the moment in terms of our backline.

unbreaK

Juniors
Anyone know what position he is playing in Q Cup?

April 28th - 30 minutes in the back row in the FOGS cup
May 19th - 80 minutes on the wing in the FOGS cup
May 25th - 80 minutes on the wing in the Queensland cup

Those dates are rough, might not be accurate, but it sounds to me like he's making progress every week.

Dazzat

First Grade
Funny how they started with the backrow. But to play 80 minutes is an amazing achievement for this young man. I predict he will be back better than ever - just like Brent Tate after three knee reconstructions.

Chainshada

Juniors
Video is up on the QRL site of the Norths' game, not as impressive as the last video though. Jharal's try was pretty much catch and fall over the line, and it looks like he let in a soft try or 2.

No real vision of him running, just light jogging.

PasserBy

Juniors
Give Hooch some time ... I believe he has to consult his bong before he replies.

You've got to be f**king kidding, you f**king useless twat. 'Well dealt with?'. Ya wanker.

Yow Yeh is a good young man but is lucky he can get around, let alone play a game of footy. Comparing his injury to multiple ACL recos... well you're a f**kwit sunshine, you genuinely just don't appreciate what has happened.

If this happened to an athlete more than 25 years ago, you'd be looking at a possible amputation, certainly a very stiff ankle... I have no doubt Jharal will get back to sport. The question is will he get back to that high level required to play NRL and Origin football?

As Myers said, it's more comparable to road trauma or war injury. 25 years ago he'd be looking at amputation. 50 years before that he'd likely die of infection and if he'd survived he'd be left with severe chronic pain in his ankle/leg.

That quote is before he had so many operative complications and multiple surgeries.

You clowns should wake the f**k up and understand that the days of him skipping down the sideline are gone.

Limp.

Yow Yeh still carries a heavy limp when he runs, and doctors have told him it will haunt him for several years following the horror compound fracture that left his lower leg bone exposed last March.

It's easy to say 'become a backrower' - but guess what - NRL backrowers require speed, acceleration and agility too.

You are talking about a return from this injury to not just playing footy - but as an elite sportsman in a highly competitive job market. This is not playing reserve grade for Yanco-Wamoon Hawks. He is competing against people who don't have a f**king limp basically.

The irony is if he does come back and proves a liability you will be the ones calling for him to be sacked.

You didn't like the way I said it, but it's pretty well how it is. You just don't have the stomach for it.

I've got a lot of time for Jharal, and he has a lot to be proud of, and what he is doing now is braver than anything he achieved before. But having said that it is just footy and there are many more in the community in worse situations.

I'm happy just to see him up and about. I don't think he will come back better than ever. It's not that sort of injury. Next year will tell for him and his contract is up.

Regarding the pathetic circle jerk here - I have absolutely no time for you lot whatsoever and think you are bunch of smug little wankers. You will have forgotten Yow Yeh's name in a few years.

Go f**k yourselves. You'll have a little carry on now, make a few smug bullshit, smart alec remarks, have a bit of a circle jerk and tell each other what a good job you did.

But really, you're all just absolutely full of shit - worthless individuals.

Dazzat

First Grade
You've got to be f**king kidding, you f**king useless twat. 'Well dealt with?'. Ya wanker.

Yow Yeh is a good young man but is lucky he can get around, let alone play a game of footy. Comparing his injury to multiple ACL recos... well you're a f**kwit sunshine, you genuinely just don't appreciate what has happened.

Go f**k yourselves. You'll have a little carry on now, make a few smug bullshit, smart alec remarks, have a bit of a circle jerk and tell each other what a good job you did.

But really, you're all just absolutely full of shit - worthless individuals.

Interesting post, written with a good deal of candour, good humour, aplomb and backed by impeccable research.

I'm sure you're informed opinion is enabled by your medical background. If it is, you may need to work on your bedside manner (just a suggestion mind you).

Bretto

Bench
That guy is funny. Kinda like when you giggle a bit when you learn someone you don't like has just gained AIDS.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If its the actual club reporting that hes improving, he cant be too far away from returning to first grade. Suncorp is gonna explode when he runs out.

unbreaK

Juniors
Sounding posititve, I'm still saying he won't play a game for the Broncos this year, he needs a full season of Qcup

Bretto

Bench
I hope for his own sake he doesn't play for the Broncos this season. We're not gonna win a premiership this year, nor is his return going to win us one. If he can finish out the year playing 80 minute games for Norths, then have a full off season of rehab, then a full pre season training for the Broncos, he'll probably be good to go for next year.

We're all behind you Jharal and best of luck mate!

Dazzat

First Grade
The human body is an amazing thing. To come back from such an injury demonstrates the amazing powers of recovery built into the human body (ably encourages and assisted by the medical fraternity).

JamesBrandy

Juniors
Norths Devils play Sunshine Coast tomorrow afternoon on channel 9's televised game at 2pm.

Does anybody know if Jharal if playing? I can't seem find any team line up info anywhere.

unbreaK

Juniors
Norths Devils play Sunshine Coast tomorrow afternoon on channel 9's televised game at 2pm.

Does anybody know if Jharal if playing? I can't seem find any team line up info anywhere.

I assume he will be, he's officially off the "Injured" list on the Broncos website, and I think he's played the last few weeks for Norths.