What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Whispers: Saint's Chase Rangi (Part II)

blacksafake

First Grade
According to the story in rlw this week chase has stated that he is not leaving super league & according to the mole williams will not be here before next year.If this is all true it surely must be time for price give drinkwater or whoever a go as we just can't tread water with our halves for the rest of the year the way it is.Fein tries hard but it just is not good enough for him to carry the whole load himself.He is the only one who kicks which makes it easier for the defence.Price should(but won't) gamble with drinkwater & king in the halves for some variety in attack as well as both being goal kickers.I close my eyes everytime dugan has a shot.:?

BennyV

Referee
I thought Rangi said he wasn't leaving SL this year and we still had a shot for next year?

Either way, the guys who deserve an opportunity in our halves are Drinkwater (7 with Fien at 6), Quinlan (at 6 with Fien at 7, after some halves experience in Cutters), Cummins (methinks he is back next game, might get 1 game in cutters before getting a call up?) or get onto Harry Seijka (seriously, tought and talented kid looking for a club)...Fien should prob still be there, can't throw in 2 young kids with 1 game each under their belts, they'll need Fien there for a bit of guidance.

But ultimately you're right, one young kid needs to get a gig

Saint Anger

Juniors
Do you really think our cardboard cut-out coach will be that adventurous?

Playing a "halfback" at "halfback" is not in his training manual.

Puff

First Grade
Found Price's Post Soward plan:-

Merrin to play at 7.

You heard it here first.

TheRev

First Grade
It would be an improvement.
Anybody can do the job that Chase is doing if were going to leave all the real work to Fien (all the general kicking and passing). Merrin is a bit slow to accelerate though.

If Williams has fallen through, my 5/8 Choices are (in order):
  • 1. King: Has played in the halves before, and can goalkick, has a kicking game, knows how to pass, can tackle, can read a game.. hands down better than Chase, honestly we might not get the jersey back off him if he plays well. And we have Rein/Cook/Garvey to hold the Hooker position, the net team gain is +5000, compared to the weakness in hooker rotation.
  • 2. Quinlan: Another halfback who was a bit quiet to lead teams, but he is lightning quick darting around the ruck and supporting players, he looks his best running close to the line, honestly he would destroy the efforts that Chase makes. The only issues with Quinlan are that he cant goalkick, and that they probably have him lined up to play fullback for Dugen.
  • 3. Drinkwater: 3rd Choice but would amply hold up the position, he might not blow anyone away but he would take a tonne of pressure off Fien, his goalkicking is average but id take it over Dugen and then some.. hes not a world beater but hes competent enough given our lack of options..

Price infuriates me.. I swear he picked Chase Stanley based on Andrew Johns's offhand comment, Chase is not Sutton, and Chase does not have Adam Reynolds & Burgess and co up front to make his job pi$$-easy, not to mention it took him years to even develop his game (we have weeks).

redbreed

Juniors
Why not give cook a run at halfback. He has speed and good footwork and was impressive in the game he played earlier this season.

Steelman

Juniors
Jackson Hastings will be fast tracked to the fulltime squad next year in a bid to keep him at the dragons. Who knows could be a Hastings and Widdop halfs combo in 2014......:D

Saint Anger

Juniors
Unless he gets injured, Fien will be starting 7 for the rest of the season regardless of form, results, etc

possm

Coach
I wish Doust would come right out and let us know if Rangi Chase is coming to the Club. It would be a very sad day if he has failed to bring home the bacon again.

There is no doubt in my mind that Rangi Chase and Widdop would make one of the best halfback combinations in the NRL. So Doust get on with it. Make it your number one priority to sign him up as soon as possible. However, if can't come or is not coming please let us know.

I wish Doust would come right out and let us know if Rangi Chase is coming to the Club. It would be a very sad day if he has failed to bring home the bacon again.

There is no doubt in my mind that Rangi Chase and Widdop would make one of the best halfback combinations in the NRL. So Doust get on with it. Make it your number one priority to sign him up as soon as possible. However, if can't come or is not coming please let us know.

its not going to happen possm old mate looks like salford is his next destination while sammy williams will be in red and white next year not a bad consolation prize though but not the chocolates i have to aggree, and anyone who checks out that pass on youtube will see why we've been hanging out for rangi to come back.

possm

Coach
its not going to happen possm old mate looks like salford is his next destination while sammy williams will be in red and white next year not a bad consolation prize though but not the chocolates i have to aggree, and anyone who checks out that pass on youtube will see why we've been hanging out for rangi to come back.

Ok thanks.