What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL/USARL what if??

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Tampa did play in our minor league last year to see if we were on the right path to talking to the guys down there about their expansion interest. The team is not exactly our feeder team that is moving upwards, but we are in partnership with the tampa group to ensure.
As for Atlanta, we are 100% confirmed all the operations and are setting up the Georgia LLC now, it is 100% a done deal.

joshreading

Staff member
Awesome stuff Spinner :)

Are there plans to continue the minor League/Merit or will it take a rest whilst these teams step up a level?

spinnerhowland

Juniors
All 4 SE Conference teams are in the "main comp" - we are just going to run conference schedule to reduce travel. All teams are shooting to be conference champions and then into the playoffs for national champsions. the money saved on travel by all teams will allow for increased speed in development and progress. Not unlike the old days in QLD where regions had their own league and then put a rep team into things like the Foley Shield, etc to find a state champion. The only change is that we will have our teams go in the next level as they are, rather than a rep team.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
If we get enough guys in all or some of the teams, then the minor league stuff will stay happening too. It all depends on numbers of players. We never want to have to say NO to anyone who comes to training and wants to get into our game. So if two teams have enough, then during the season we can at least host 2 games for thsoe guys to get a go at our sport. But the focus will be to expand the footprint of the game to allow the same "minor league cycle" to being in each of those cities too.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Great work spinner. It makes a lot of sense to use the available revenue that would normally be used on travel on each team.
What are the chances of getting conference title sponsors?
Even without a ball being kicked, the league already looks much bigger through the conference system.

All looks bright for rugby league in the USA, teams saving cost on travels especially on the back of a successful World Cup surely the RLIF needs to act on this and get the USARL as the governing body for the sport in the US ASAP!

deal.with.it

Juniors
Do u think any amnrl teams will join?
Sounds like the raiders do not want to join usarl.
If amnrl runs maybe the sharks will jump ship?
Also, it has been said danny hanson is gonna have a bigger usarl role. What does this entail?

Dakink

Bench
Fantastic news. Reduced travel costs will allow all teams, not just the south east, more money to work on thr game in their own areas!

Craigo

Juniors
Looking at social media, it appears as though the AMNRL isn't dead. I can't believe that an organisation that treated some people so appallingly around selection for the WC, is still being spruiked by those same players.

byrner

Juniors
Looking at social media, it appears as though the AMNRL isn't dead. I can't believe that an organisation that treated some people so appallingly around selection for the WC, is still being spruiked by those same players.

Can you show some links.

Choo Choo

Juniors
Do u think any amnrl teams will join?
Sounds like the raiders do not want to join usarl.
If amnrl runs maybe the sharks will jump ship?
Also, it has been said danny hanson is gonna have a bigger usarl role. What does this entail?

DWI, I've stepped down as coach for the Slayers and am only running import recruitment and few other minor jobs for the club. I've been involved with the AMNRL/USARL negotiations and am helping the board with other projects that continue to develop.

IowaRL

Juniors
I haven't heard anything outside the media that the AMNRL is "dead", but I haven't heard much from the East Coast, merely the Midwest. I guess we will see what happens with the East Coast, but perhaps the AMNRL will end up as a Midwest League?

Latest posts