What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

04/05: the season of inter

half

Coach
Craig said:
Now what is it with Roma fans, does thuggery come with the season ticket?
when you look at the attitude of hybrid tiger, you can tell it's a deep problem within the club

hybrid_tiger

Coach
nibbs said:
Roma is in disgrace as per usual. i can't believe you stand by them, when they aren't even worth it

Unlike you, I stand by them because I'm a true supporter. I'm not after success or trophies. I'm not a bandwagoner.

Roma have never been a big club. We go through small patches of success (the 80's and 2000 till the present), but we will always be second-tier to the likes of Juve, Milan and the Perdenti. Everyone knows this.

We haven't won many trophy's, but I'm not concerned with winning - which is what most Juve, Milan and Inter supporters are most worried about.

What we have won has usually taken years to build - e.g Mazzone brought Totti through the youth ranks and built the foundations that Capello used to win the 2001 scudetto.

Our 3 championships have been won with blood, sweat and tears and solid groundwork - not simply bought, which is what Inter have tried to do and failed. They could learn alot from Roma in regard to foundation work.

We have never had huge finances until Sensi bought the club. And we don't have huge finances now. We have always done pretty well to be up there roundabouts with the big guns.

Anyone who follows Italian football knows that the northern clubs practically run the league.

Regardless of how much sh1t you people give me about Roma not winning much silverware, I'll always be proud of my club. All you care about is silverware. That's not what being a supporter is about.

And you Inter fans can't take anything. Too easily winded up and never can have a laugh about your club.

Craig, you seen to have a short memory or you don't know much - Inter fans threw a flamming scooter off the second tier of the San Siro not too long ago. Don't throw stones in glasshouses. The violence problem is part of Italian football on a whole, not just Roma.

mjdj

Juniors
Craig said:
mjdj said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great work again in the transfer window inter.

Are you a AC Milan, Juventus or Roma supporter?

Manchester United but soft spot for the pink shirt wearing girls from juve. Nedved is greatness.

I just tend to laugh at Inter, they are the joke of european football ;-)

half

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
Regardless of how much sh1t you people give me about Roma not winning much silverware, I'll always be proud of my club. All you care about is silverware. That's not what being a supporter is about.
the irony of this statement, in this very thread, is truly overwhelming

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
hybrid_tiger said:
the irony of this statement, in this very thread, is truly overwhelming

Typical half, picking one little line out of a long post and ignoring the rest. :roll:

You've got nothing. And it is not ironic, because it was you who was going on a few weeks ago about how Inter have won more trophy's and are more successful than Roma - personally, I couldn't give a sh1t. I don't care. If I wanted a club who has a cabinet full of trophy's I'd be supporting someone else.

half

Coach
i only pointed out that stuff after you dissed inter's lack of success. lol. what did you expect? i mean, ulimately now, given this is an inter thread, and you are the one who doesn't support inter, you are the one who can be considered the troll. so if you didn't give a crap about silverware, why are you constantly in this thread harping on about inter's lack of success in recent years? and really, i have only been a dedicated serie a follower for a few years now. if silverware was all i cared about, i'd be going for ac milan or the old bitch

hybrid_tiger

Coach
i only pointed out that stuff after you dissed inter's lack of success. lol. what did you expect?

I diss Inter because they are quite the opposite of Roma and what they stand for in terms of titles. Inter have tried to buy the scudetto for 15 years now and it hasn't worked - you think after about 10 years they'd realise it doesnt work? :?

And I don't diss Inter just because of recent silverware - it's the whole club and the way they go about their business - they are a laughing stock, especially on the transfer market.

I know many Inter fans and I always give them sh1t, but they take it and can even have a laugh about it.

half

Coach
many teams, including roma, pump a lot of money into the transfer market

i mean you're only looking at inter from the perspective of a roma fan. if you look at inter from the perspective of a kidderminster fan, there wouldn't be much of a difference between inter and roma in terms of spending, really, such is top flight football

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
many teams, including roma, pump a lot of money into the transfer market

i mean you're only looking at inter from the perspective of a roma fan. if you look at inter from the perspective of a kidderminster fan, there wouldn't be much of a difference between inter and roma in terms of spending, really, such is top flight football

No I'm not, I'm looking it at the perspective of an Italian football fan. Combine Roma, Milan and Juve and I reckon Inter would still have spent more on the transfer market in recent years - such is their stupidity. And not just more money - they buy more rubbish players.

Oh BTW, Inter just drew with Palermo overnight 1-1. :lol:

Palermo have a good side and I predicted them to finish in the top half, but once again, Inter's team on paper should smash them.

Mancini has pointed out that the problem is the defence, when they just swapped Cannavaro for Carini. See what I mean. It's a vicious cycle half.

Craig

Juniors
I believe the problem in that game was the finishing by Inter.

*Hopes Messina beats Roma [-o< [-o< [-o<

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Craig said:
I believe the problem in that game was the finishing by Inter.

*Hopes Messina beats Roma [-o&lt, post: [-o&lt, member: [-o<[/quote"]

No, I believe it was the fact that Lamberto Zauli, a Serie B quaility player, and Luca Toni skipped past Inter's pathetic defence pairing of Materazzi and Cordoba.

Stop overlooking the problem Craig - Cannavaro's depature is going to cost Inter big time.

Can anyone please tell me how Cordoba is good? Everytime I've seen him, he's looked pathetic.

half

Coach
i felt inter did well with only half of their brilliant first choice defensive line available

forza inter!

half

Coach
speaking of shoddy defense, what about letting in 4 goals against messina? lol hahaha

forza messina!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
speaking of shoddy defense, what about letting in 4 goals against messina? lol hahaha

forza messina!

Disgraceful, that's all I can say. What a horrid week. :cry:

On a bright note, Montella is on fire and Roma are still ahead of Inter on the ladder. :D

Montella is one of the best strikers in Europe when in form and his goalscoring record proves it.

brenno

Juniors
i've been an inter supporter for a few years now. While it's only early days in the league and they did win their 1st game in the CL, i'm concerned about the season ahead. I think the club should have sold one of their strikers during the last transfer period. I don't see the point of having Recoba at Inter anymore. Surely Inter could use the dollars generated by his sale to buy a decent defender. Also, why did Inter sell canna to Juve? They managed to get carini (a good young gk) and dump canna's big wages but, they sold him to JUVE, a rival team challenging for the scudetto. Canna was a huge disappointment at Inter yet, selling him to a rival doesn't make any sense i believe.
Inter haven't started that badly but, there are some concerns. Thankgod for Adriano. Also, does anybody know when Javier Zanetti will be back?

half

Coach
hey brenno, always great to see another inter fan in this thread

the cannavaro transfer stumps me too, honestly. but like you said, he was pretty useless for us. hopefully burdisso turns out really good so we can stop fretting about it

lol roma btw

hybrid_tiger

Coach
brenno said:
i've been an inter supporter for a few years now. While it's only early days in the league and they did win their 1st game in the CL, i'm concerned about the season ahead. I think the club should have sold one of their strikers during the last transfer period. I don't see the point of having Recoba at Inter anymore. Surely Inter could use the dollars generated by his sale to buy a decent defender. Also, why did Inter sell canna to Juve? They managed to get carini (a good young gk) and dump canna's big wages but, they sold him to JUVE, a rival team challenging for the scudetto. Canna was a huge disappointment at Inter yet, selling him to a rival doesn't make any sense i believe.
Inter haven't started that badly but, there are some concerns. Thankgod for Adriano. Also, does anybody know when Javier Zanetti will be back?

At least you've got some sense.

The points you make are very valid, but other Inter supporters here never admit it.

I think Zanetti is out for a week or two.

half

Coach
actually hybrid, i made the cannavaro point earlier in this thread

don't be so ridiculous