What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

04/05: the season of inter

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
woohoo. i guess this paves the may for maximum matrix in the middle. toot toot!

half said:
there's so little going wrong with inter right now

half said:
he was pretty useless for us.

half said:
put simply, cannavaro just doesn't compare to cordoba or materazzi

half said:
If you're going to laugh at inter for wasting lots of money, you can hardly diss them for this swap

Let me guess: not defending the move? :roll:

Too easy halfy...too easy...

Craig

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Disgraceful, that's all I can say. What a horrid week. :cry:

On a bright note, Montella is on fire and Roma are still ahead of Inter on the ladder. :D

Montella is one of the best strikers in Europe when in form and his goalscoring record proves it.

So how come he keeps never being picked for Italy?

Craig

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
No, I believe it was the fact that Lamberto Zauli, a Serie B quaility player, and Luca Toni skipped past Inter's pathetic defence pairing of Materazzi and Cordoba.

I saw the goal being scored, and I also saw the chances being missed by Inter.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Craig said:
hybrid_tiger said:
Disgraceful, that's all I can say. What a horrid week. :cry:

On a bright note, Montella is on fire and Roma are still ahead of Inter on the ladder. :D

Montella is one of the best strikers in Europe when in form and his goalscoring record proves it.

So how come he keeps never being picked for Italy?

Montella has been seriously injured for the past two seasons. He scored 5 goals in only 7 games last year. His goalscoring record is top classand statistics wise is one of the best strikers in Europe.

He was picked in the 2002 World Cup squad, made only one appearance and set up a goal. He has never been given a proper chance at NT level.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Atalanta 2 (Budan, Pazzini)
Inter 3 (Stankovic, Recoba, Adriano)

Roma 2 (Cassano, Mancini)
Lecce 2 (Cassetti, Bojinov)

Milan 1 (Pancaro)
Messina 2 (Giampa, Zampagna)

Adriano saves Inter yet again, Roma's defence is poor again and Messina win again. :shock:

Craig

Juniors
Lets all laugh at Milan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roma, Inter, and Milan all haven't started off to expectation, I guess, on paper, all three sides should each have nine points from the three games so far.

May we wish a bad season on Milan :lol: :clap: :clap: [-o<

Craig

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
I think Zanetti is out for a week or two.

Javier Zanetti was on the bench but didn't play, Vieri was captain until he was subbed by Martins.

Oh and the win over Atalanta was Cordoba's 200th appearance for the club.

Craig

Juniors
And he even wore the captain's armband when Vieri got subbed by Martins.

Big week coming up. Home to Parma which we will see Australians Vince Grella and Marco Brescanio for Parma (a good work out for the week ahead), then Anderlecht away in the Champions League (they lost overnight), then the big one against Roma who will be realing from their lose to Real Madrid.

weasel

First Grade
In half's absence I feel it necessary to highlight the continuing woes of Roma.

Nine-man Bologna 3 Roma 1

lol

hybrid_tiger

Coach
then the big one against Roma who will be realing from their lose to Real Madrid.

Regardless of the problems Roma currently find themselves in, I'll make a bet they'll beat Madrid.

It always happens when managers resign etc.

Craig

Juniors
What the hell is wrong with Roma at the moment? Managers resigning (one because his team is currently play like shit and the one quitting because of his sick wife), players getting sent off like there is no tomorrow.

Oh hybrid you like to critise that Inter has to big off a squad (which they around 30 players), yet Roma have 29 players in their first team squad.

In other results, Juve will still be number 1 after drawing with Palmero. Maybe Roma are missing Emerson and Walter Samuel.

Craig

Juniors
Roma 3 - Inter 3.

This is a match Inter should have won. After Montella got an early goal, Esteban Cambiasso, Juan Veron and Alvaro Recoba all scored to give Inter a 3-1 lead, before Totti and De Rossi scored to share the points.

But this is what fries me is that De Rossi brought Oba Martins down inside the box in the first half which is about as balant of a penalty yet for some stupid reason, the ref does not award it. Then De Rossi againhacks down Martins forcing him to go off and now he has a suspected fractured fibuera (sp) and yet he got off.

De Rossi is a merkin :evil:

Craig

Juniors
Other results:

Cagliari 2 - Brescia 1
Chievo 2 - Lecce 1 (both Saturday)
Sampdoria - Livorno 2 - 0
Udinese - Juventus 0 - 1
Parma - Fiorentina 0 - 0
Palermo - Bologna 1 - 0
Messina - Siena 4 - 1
Atalanta - Lazio 1 - 1
Milan 3 - Reggina 1

Surprisingly enough Messina keep winning, Juve are on top, Inter's defence sucks shit big time, Siena are crap (not that everybody doesn't know that), and Parma are stuffed already and their manager may be sacked soon.

Standings: Points:

Juventus 13
Messina ( :shock: ) 11
Milan 10
Chievo 9
Cagliari 9
Palermo 9
Lazio 8
Lecce 8
Inter 7
Bologna 6
Reggina 6
Sampdoria 6
Udinese 5
Fiorentina 5
Roma 5
Siena 4
Brescia 3
Parma 3
Atalanta 3
Livorno 2

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Inter = :lol:

How you can blow a 2 goal lead in the second half against a team in "crisis" is laughable.

Our defence has been poor so far, but the more games we play, the better they'll get.

Montella is definately back and in form, Totti is getting better and better and De Rossi is f**king awesome. His goal celebration was excellent as well.

How good was Totti's free-kick? :shock:

brenno

Juniors
it's Inter, anything is possible. In saying that though i think to come away from the olympico with a point isn't a bad a result, even though Roma have had their recent troubles and Inter did have a lead. It was a good performance from Roma and Inter didn't seem as dependant upon Adriano which was a good thing. I thought Cambiasso was good though, Mancini should persist with him in the Defensive midfield role. Inter are undefeated still yet, there are now 6 points off juve. They need to win some games very soon.

weasel

First Grade
Inter have raced to the top of their Champions League group with a big win. They're now three from three with a goal difference of +8, the best of any team in the CL. It's in stark contrast to Roma who are entrenched at the bottom of their group after suffering another loss, having conceded the most goals of any side in the tournament.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Inter looked good this morning, very good.

Always good to see Italian teams do well. Juve, Milan and Inter all looking good.

Only Roma are letting them down. :cry:

Craig

Juniors
What Mancini said at half-time to fire up his troops, I have no idea, but you can bet your bottom dollar, that he is probably thinking that this is his best half-time speech he has ever given.

That's 12 goals in 11 games so far this season for the great Adriano. Juventus were as boring as batshit against Bayern Munich, while AC Milan never really got going to their full potential against Barcelona and was a little disappionted. Honestly does Juventus actually have any fans that turn up to the games?

Anyway is it me or has Guiseppe Favalli not been up to form so far this season, and has Francesco Toldo fallen out with Mancini or he has been dropped because of a dip in form?