What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin 3 :: QLD 16 NSW 28 @ Suncorp :: Wed 15 Jul

Origin III - Maroons or Blues

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jarro

Juniors
QLD should win this, but only just.

I like Kimmorley and Ennis in the blues team ... much more firepower there so we'll have to be on our toes.

Looks like Lockyers last game for QLD too so that should give the side a lot of extra motivation

The Colonel

Immortal
<H1 id=articleHeadline>Cautious Gidley to share fullback role
By Steve Jancetic AAP Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:38:24

Injured NSW skipper Kurt Gidley will share the fullback role with understudy Luke Patten when the Blues hold their final training session ahead of Wednesday night's Origin clash in Brisbane.
Gidley has been kept off the training paddock throughout the Blues' Origin III camp due to a rib cartilage complaint, but will have his first ball-work session when NSW have their pre-game run at Suncorp Stadium on Tuesday evening.
The Blues custodian will not take part in any contact work however, with NSW medical staff giving his ribs as long as possible to heal ahead of the Origin series finale.
"It's just a thing where you've got to manage it through the week but I'll be right come tomorrow night," Gidley said.
"I can't do any more damage.
"I'm fully confident in what I've done the past two camps and I've still been down on the field and amongst the talk and amongst the players to be confident of what I'm doing on Wednesday night."
Gidley recognised the fact his tender ribs would be a target for Queensland defenders, but was adamant the injury would not change his game plan.
"It's like any injury - you carry an injury into a game you're going to be targeted, that's part of footy I suppose, it's an aggressive contact sport and that all comes with it," Gidley said.
"While ever I can run, I'll be playing footy."
</H1>
http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...s-gidley-to-share-fullback-role-/default.aspx

Should have been dropped last week.....

Chook Norris

First Grade
Looks like Lockyers last game for QLD too so that should give the side a lot of extra motivation
thought Locky was playing on in 2010? :?

i agree about Gidley, if he's not fit.. he shouldn't be in the team; as simple as that

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
FFS Gidley, do what's best for your state and f**king pull out. You're clearly not 100%.
:x

Lambretta

First Grade
Let Gidlley play and embarris himself again.

Spell the player name wrong and no one says a thing.

Call this a bloody League forum?

So does Gidlley qualify to play for Wales, rather than New South Wales?

:p

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
I love how Gidley is trying to come accross like their saviour playing through injury to help his state. NSW would be far better off without him, he aint no Johns/W.Lewis/Webcke/Fittler etc..

Charlie124

First Grade
Well you could argue that he is exactly like Webb...He's overrated, Big wraps but doesn't deliver etc...Oh hang on, Carl Webb has actually done something in Origin, my mistake.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well you could argue that he is exactly like Webb...He's overrated, Big wraps but doesn't deliver etc...Oh hang on, Carl Webb has actually done something in Origin, my mistake.

Well he did do the work of our fullback, hooker, right winger and halfback in game 2 so Id say he has done considerably more than 15min Webb.

Oh and Gids will play Origin beyond this year. Ole pentagon will never see a Maroon jersey again

Charlie124

First Grade
Well he did do the work of our fullback, hooker, right winger and halfback in game 2 so Id say he has done considerably more than 15min Webb.

Oh and Gids will play Origin beyond this year. Ole pentagon will never see a Maroon jersey again

So you're saying it only took Webb 15mins to achieve something in Origin while Gidley plays all over the park for 80mins but cant make any kind of impact in any position? Thats about right.

Gidley might play origin beyond this season, but its only for the NSW team which is easier to get into than Paris Hilton after 10 beers. Hardly an achievment.

Joker's Wild

Coach
So you're saying it only took Webb 15mins to achieve something in Origin while Gidley plays all over the park for 80mins but cant make any kind of impact in any position? Thats about right.

Gidley might play origin beyond this season, but its only for the NSW team which is easier to get into than Paris Hilton after 10 beers. Hardly an achievment.

Webb has only 15min in him and his only achievment in that time was to slap down a piss poor Bailey. In reality he really achieved nothing at all, hell if he didnt cut that rediculous pentagon into the side of his noggin I doubt anyone besides you would remember his Origin appearances at all.

No impact?LOL The stats tell a different story champ. No Gidley = Qld putting on cricket scores against NSW

Yay, let's argue about two hacks... :lol:

Thats your territory right there Timbo

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Webb has only 15min in him and his only achievment in that time was to slap down a piss poor Bailey. In reality he really achieved nothing at all, hell if he didnt cut that rediculous pentagon into the side of his noggin I doubt anyone besides you would remember his Origin appearances at all.

No impact?LOL The stats tell a different story champ. No Gidley = Qld putting on cricket scores against NSW

Thats your territory right there Timbo

Good one Champ.

No Gidley = Hayne at Fullback = NSW a much better team.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Good one Champ.

No Gidley = Hayne at Fullback = NSW a much better team.

No doubt that Hayne would have been more effective from FB than he was from the wing but without Gids in the side to pick up the slack for Farrah, Wallace and Williams NSW would have been pounded much much harder.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Gids now picking up slack for those players, well done. Now that Farrah and Wallace aren't there, no need for Gidley to be there to pick up slack.

Can't wait for next year when Stewart can be fullback and Gidley can captain the Country side one game a year.

Latest posts