What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sun :: Dragons 48 Sea Eagles 18 @ WIN W'gong

Round 18 :: Dragons v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redvscotty

First Grade
Dragons by 13+ I wish this game was both teams at full strength would of been a cracker. Im just glad i will be on the plane to las vegas by the kickoff time on sunday comes around, i just have this feeling we are gonna get belted.

I hardly think they'd get belted. Georgey Rose to score a try in the dying stages to bring Manly closer. Dragons by 6.

I love George Rose.

He rules haha.

clipser

Juniors
Lyon may be thrown to the Dragons

HE MIGHT have been ruled out of State of Origin III next Wednesday night, but that might not stop the centre playing for Manly three days earlier.
Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler said Lyon would be given every chance to play in what shapes as one of the most important matches of the season for the in-form but depleted side.
The Sea Eagles have won four consecutive matches, and on Sunday face St George Illawarra, who will be without a host of players, who are either injured or on representative duties.
Manly have been hard hit by Origin selectors themselves, losing four players to the NSW squad, but might receive a surprise boost with Lyon, who was ruled out of the final match of the interstate series on Tuesday after scans revealed he had suffered a high ankle sprain in Monday night's brutal clash with the Bulldogs.
Lyon, who suffered a similar injury in round 13 against the Roosters and missed one club match, will be examined by club doctor Paul Bloomfield today.
Bloomfield said yesterday: "He's aggravated it again and it's a bit sore, so we'll have to wait and see how it settles during the week."
The Sea Eagles have been gathering significant momentum, moving up to sixth place. But they are in a congested area of the NRL ladder and, knowing how crucial Lyon is to his side, especially without so many experienced players, Hasler will be keen for his star to play even if he is likely to be unable to train for most - if not all - of the lead-up to the match.
"If he's fit then we're going to give him every chance," Hasler said. "Without pre-empting anything, he's eligible to play … [but] I'll leave that entirely in the hands of our medical staff."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/origin/lyon-may-be-thrown-to-the-dragons/2009/07/08/1246732337438.html

:sarcasm:

Sleep

Juniors
I'd put the NSW trainers more at fault here. They were so quick to write him off, yet they were happy to retain David Williams and Anthony Watmough who couldn't train yesterday along with Ben Creagh and Justin Poore who are carry injuries as well.

The NSW team is a trainwreck from top to bottom.

Unbe-f**kin-lievable.
What that Morris gets to start in origin?No of course its Lyon, it must be his fault a nsw doctor ruled him out.Dribbler.
Nsw rule out Lyon because he cant train then allow others to stay when they cant train.That is the real story ,wtf is going on with the blues

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What that Morris gets to start in origin?No of course its Lyon, it must be his fault a nsw doctor ruled him out.Dribbler.
Nsw rule out Lyon because he cant train then allow others to stay when they cant train.That is the real story ,wtf is going on with the blues

No, he was selected for NSW, which should immediately render him as UNAVAILABLE for Sunday's game. NSW ruled him out for a game in 6 days from now, yet he'll be ready to play in a game 3 days away? F**k off.

By rights, Josh Morris should be eligible to play on Sunday for us given this turn of events.

gong_eagle

First Grade
All players should be available imo for dead rubber games, what is more important in every fans eyes their own club or NSW

t-ba

Post Whore
Whinge Whinge. htfu. He never should have been selected in the first place.

Snoop

Coach
No, he was selected for NSW, which should immediately render him as UNAVAILABLE for Sunday's game.

Well that's your opinion but in reality in render's him AVAILABLE for Sunday's game.

NSW ruled him out for a game in 6 days from now, yet he'll be ready to play in a game 3 days away?

No, NSW ruled him out from training with the team for SoO III. NSW payed dearly in the first two games taking injured players in who hadn't trained enough with the team. With the halves changing every game there are new plays and new combinations to form.

Garts

Bench
No, he was selected for NSW, which should immediately render him as UNAVAILABLE for Sunday's game. NSW ruled him out for a game in 6 days from now, yet he'll be ready to play in a game 3 days away? F**k off.

By rights, Josh Morris should be eligible to play on Sunday for us given this turn of events.

Those are the rules so suck it up. I would completely understand if he refused to play or a Manly doctor deemed him unfit. However if the NSW doctor and team management are not prepared to wait till later in the week to see how his injury goes before ruling him out that is their choice for not being patient or taking the risk that he will be fit come Wednesday.

Anon

Bench
Danny Weidler just reported that Jamie Lyon has declared he is no chance to play on Sunday. I guess that means he's a certainty to play. :)

Latest posts