What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | PF2 - W1 v WSF1 | Sat | Dragons 13-12 Tigers | ANZ (WST elim)

NRL 2010 Grand Finalist #2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussie7798

First Grade
I have been going to the football since the late 70's, the referees tonight were the most biased, inept and one-sided cheating officials I have ever seen.

Proud of the tigers that they were able to overcome that and still remain in the contest for the full 80. This team is going places.

Idiot

A team that relies on the referees giving them dodgy piggybacks up the field & errors doesn't deserve to win a GF IMO

For the sake of rugby league, I hope the Roosters win

Jason Maher

Immortal
Good one. We looked much better in the last 60 minutes when we didn't receive a single penalty than we did when we received all the piggybacks.

_Johnsy

Referee

For the sake of humanity, can you give this guy a ring.

1723_Philip%20Nitschke.jpg

aussie7798

First Grade
A team that relies on the referees giving them dodgy piggybacks up the field & errors doesn't deserve to win a GF IMO

What you mean like for the tigers second try do you even watch the games or just come on here and shoot off your moronic crap.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
One sided biased refereeing? :|

Penalty count second half was 2-0 Tigers...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It was actually good to get a bit of an arm wrestle after the one sided beat down on Friday night. If I had any criticism of the Dragons I think they could have spread it wide a bit more often because the Tigers line was totally out of shape.

From the kick off to the second half onwards it was almost as if we were just waiting for the Dragons to win. It should be a good game next week. If the Roosters can score a quick double that should make it very interesting.

I just hope the best team on the day wins it.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
The Tigers looked pretty knackered in the second half. Must have been the hard previous games taking their toll. They did well to keep it close & have a chance at winning. Based on performances this weekend I'm tipping the Roosters to win the GF.

Dragon

Coach
Just got home, bad luck tigers. Thought it was too close to separate, Sheens came with the gameplan to beat us.

Up in our faces when we looked to move the ball wide, took us a good 30 minutes to figure out we needed to straighten up our attack. Tigs shifted the play brilliantly all night and worked us over, but i think our fitness won it in the end. Nothing in it really.

skeepe

Immortal
I think it was fairly clear that the 'murdering' (as you say) was because the Tigers were continually in front of the ref trying to race up and cut off the Dragons. Yes, the count was high against the Tigers in the first half, but mostly because of their own doing. In fact, I think their first penalty was when Brett Morris was penalised for actually being square at marker!

Well said. The Tigers were doing the exact same thing against the Raiders, the difference being they got away with it then. The inconsistency of the refereeing is what annoys me the most.

What might have been....

MacDougall

First Grade
Bitter Raiders fans ignored I'd love it for my fellow Tigers fans to be proud of our boys and let the Dragons go into their big test with their backs up.

Our boys were far more than valiant. Lost Tuiaki, winger of 2009, IN 2009. Lost Tim Moltzen early on. Had key injuries all year long. Never had a set lineup. Payten, someone found wanting forever and finally drawing together a key role, goes down with 2 weeks left. We made the prelim final Tigers. We had an immense season. Absolutely huge.

St George. You aren't chokers. Your team is stunning. Wayne Bennett has drilled them to a tee. They play their roles. They never falter. They get stunned but they pull it together with such little motivation. A stunning team. Deserved premiers.

Roosters. I am jealous. Your side has come home with a wet sail. Your fringe players look like superstars. Your superstars in waiting are playing to their potential. Your seasoned vets are showing all signs of their class. Your Dally M winners are justified.

I am sick of the bickering, the class war, the pot shots. We have our grand finalists. There were three sides and I am comfortable in saying they were THE three sides. Now we have two. I'd be nitpicking to break it down further so a match did it for me. A heartwrenching match but a match the same. The Dragons had the discipline and the timing for it.

Anyone who calls this a dud season is plain wrong in my eyes.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Nice post, MacDougall. Very gracious.

I have to say that the Tigers are looking VERY dangerous for next season. And that's largely based on what i saw tonight from Robert Lui - the kid showed great poise and finesse in his play tonight. He could develop into the perfect foil to Benji - who is easily the scariest opposition player ive had to endure as a fan since Joey retired. He terrifies me with his every touch.

So if Lui continues to develop his partnership with Benji, and with Moltzen back at FB and hopefully big Taniela Tuiaki back to form the worlds scariest wing duo; not to mention the further development of young gun forwards Dwyer, Fafita and Masila...

...well lets just say that they'll be able to match it with any team in the competition next year. As good a chance as anyone. And easily my favourite team to watch outside of my own team the Roosters.

Gaba

First Grade
Just got home, bad luck tigers. Thought it was too close to separate, Sheens came with the gameplan to beat us.
Thats why i cant understand the criticism of sheens, he oftens comes up with the game plans what gets the tigers close.

Latest posts