What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | PF2 - W1 v WSF1 | Sat | Dragons 13-12 Tigers | ANZ (WST elim)

NRL 2010 Grand Finalist #2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hybrid_tiger

Coach
p.s. @Rovelli: I for one have never understood the Benji-bashing that tends to go on. Yes, the media love-in can get annoying, but he is absolutely one of the rare players with the ability to turn a match on its head with a flash of brilliance. I've always enjoyed watching him play personally. And I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the commitment he showed in defence against Canberra. A pity his teammates didn't seem too interested in following his lead. Here's hoping he reverts to turnstyle Benji this week though. :p

Spot on. Except for the turnstyle hoping part. :D

Benji's defence has improved out of sight this year. Would not swap him for any other player in the comp and I've said this even when he was his erratic best.

skeepe

Immortal
I hope the Dragons smash them.

The Tigers are absolute scum. They don't deserve to be there.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Skeepe is on drugs, and it is clearly good sh*t.

According to him the Raiders have never been better by a better side, they were either ripped off by the ref, or cheated by the opposition. Nobody has beaten them fairly.

skeepe

Immortal

Having the name B. Gibbs on your team sheet is enough, add in the epic whinging from the likes of Farah last week and the massive dive from Heighington, Tuqiri's acting like an absolute pillock to the crowd after the game and many more offences too numerous to list and you have scum. The supporters are ok though.

Why not? Did they cheat or something?

Because the only reason they are still in the competition is one Jared "Tiger" Maxwell. If it weren't for Maxwell's abhorrent refereeing, we would be talking about a Dragons vs Raiders prelim.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Seriously Skeepe, the Raiders were in the same position as the Tigers the week before in Penrith, winning by 2 points against an injury depleted opposition, a week later the Raiders were the ones with the injuries costing them and loss on 2 points. That's footy.

dragondad

First Grade
Channel 10 reporting 56000 sold thus far, and when you include all the members, we are in such a good position with these ticket sales.

gronkathon

First Grade
Payten in extreme doubt for blockbuster
Glenn Jackson
September 22, 2010 - 5:46PM

Wests Tigers were thrown into further turmoil today when key forward Todd Payten injured an ankle in a training mishap.

Payten had to be helped off Concord Oval in severe pain after going down on his ankle. X-rays tonight will confirm whether he has suffered a break.

Payten has been one of the Tigers' most dependable forwards this year. Even if he is cleared of a fracture, he is at long odds to play in the preliminary final against St George Illawarra on Saturday night.

The Tigers have endured an awful run of injuries, but the latest blow is potentially the worst of the lot. Five-eighth Benji Marshall recovered from a knee injury in time to play in the elimination final victory against Canberra last Friday night, while the likes of Gareth Ellis (back) and Bryce Gibbs (toe and knee) have battled on under duress. But officials concede there is next to no chance of Payten playing against the Dragons at ANZ Stadium, in the Tigers' most important match since the 2005 grand final, even if the best scenario – a sprain – is diagnosed.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-tigers-training/story-e6frexnr-1225927987534

No Payten means no win as far as I am concerned. He is the cornerstone of our defence and attitude

Ladmate

Bench
Having the name B. Gibbs on your team sheet is enough, add in the epic whinging from the likes of Farah last week and the massive dive from Heighington, Tuqiri's acting like an absolute pillock to the crowd after the game and many more offences too numerous to list and you have scum. The supporters are ok though.

Because the only reason they are still in the competition is one Jared "Tiger" Maxwell. If it weren't for Maxwell's abhorrent refereeing, we would be talking about a Dragons vs Raiders prelim.

f**k me you are deluded. He was clearly out of it, and what about the Picker dive? If there was a dive in that game, it was Picker.

Who had the home ground advantage?
Who had little injuries?
Who had the best form into the game?
Who lost the game?

The answer to all the questions is the same. Tigers deserve the win, stop being a sore loser.

redvscotty

First Grade
f**k me you are deluded. He was clearly out of it, and what about the Picker dive? If there was a dive in that game, it was Picker.

Who had the home ground advantage?
Who had little injuries?
Who had the best form into the game?
Who lost the game?

The answer to all the questions is the same. Tigers deserve the win, stop being a sore loser.

Very good point.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Having the name B. Gibbs on your team sheet is enough,
What did he do in the game against the Raiders last week?
add in the epic whinging from the likes of Farah last week
Epic? talk about an exaggerration.
and the massive dive from Heighington,
Massive eh? How long did it take before he came back on the field?
Tuqiri's acting like an absolute pillock to the crowd after the game
Yet you neglect to mention the crowd member throwing a bottle at the Tigers players after full time.
and many more offences too numerous to list and you have scum.
I'd like to hear these "many more offences too numerous to list." or are they all as pissweak and pathetic as the ones you listed?

Yes, because Jared forced the Raiders to drop off tackles. Jared threw the flick pass, and kicked the goals too.

Get off it mate. The Raiders lost a game they were never in. Maxwell had nothing to do with that. Raiders were outplayed in the first half and thats where the damage was done.

TheFrog

Coach
Unlike many, I was very impressed with the way the Dragons approached Manly. Showed them respect, gave Manly the credit that they were capable of winning the game. This seems like a major change of attitude from previous finals campaign to me, and thus I really find it hard to see a very good Tigers side putting the necessary points on them. Tigers played well last week against a side that were terrible in the first half, like they thought they just had to turn up. I think this will be close for a long time, but a Dragon blowout at the end.

Last edited:
Get off it mate. The Raiders lost a game they were never in. Maxwell had nothing to do with that. Raiders were outplayed in the first half and thats where the damage was done.

Mate, the Tigers won and deservedly but there is no reason for you to skew the truth. The Tigers were on fire for about 20 minutes, after that I'd say they were pretty much on the back foot.
The Tigers were tiring rapidly in the 2nd half, and Campese was running riot before his injury. With him still on the park I am very sure we would have beaten you, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Anyway good luck to the team & fans for the game, hopefully they make the GF

Last edited:

to_ddeath

Coach
Can all you Raiders_whingers get the bloody hell out of here now thanks? There's actually 2 games on this weekend NOT involving your club. For f**ks sake.

imasharkie

Coach
Can all you Raiders_whingers get the bloody hell out of here now thanks? There's actually 2 games on this weekend NOT involving your club. For f**ks sake.

after all the carry on about them being the 2010 premiers from their forum flunkies, i was sooooo happy to see them beaten. Now pizz off back to your own forum and let the posters who are interested in this weeks game banter with each other.

Latest posts