What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | PF2 - W1 v WSF1 | Sat | Dragons 13-12 Tigers | ANZ (WST elim)

NRL 2010 Grand Finalist #2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phonetic

Juniors
Got 15 this morning. I'm not even a member, though I had my old man's code lined up to use for 8. It wasn't asked for, so I hopped back on and took care of some mates in need.

Deacon

First Grade
Got my tickets first thing.

Gee Ticketek is sh*te though. They have stuffed up the ticketing for all 3 Wests Tigers semi finals so far.

Week 1: System error and delayed start on members only sale period

Week 2: No WT Supporters bays allocated

Week 3: No members password required and than taken offline to fix it.

Freaking morons. It is their one job and they can't get it right.

Anywho rant over and looking forward to aturday at ANZ and Sunday at Leichhardt.

Mate I'd like to know what sporting event theyve got right recently, absolute merkins they are

Bench
I hope we win,and I hope Ryan and Lui don't cost us,Gasnier loves playing us,so Lawry and Lote should be ready for some traffic,should be great though as we have steadily improved in the last few weeks.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
My pax was around 19,000. It's shaping up to be a good crowd, should be at least 60-65,000 by the end of tomorrow once it goes on sale to the general public.
Yep, 25,000 sold inside of 8 hours of going on sale is a pretty fair effort. If there's another 25,000 sold tomorrow that would be fantastic on its own.

dragondad

First Grade
Dragons 18 Tigers 10

FTS - Ben Creagh
LTS- Brett Morris
Half Time - Dragons 8-6
Crowd - 77 219

Ulysseus

Bench
Some vitriol in here that's for sure.
Anyway, I think some people are just tipping based on who they hate, and whatever works for them I guess.

Eaglestar

Juniors
Tigers by 14. Could be close by the 60th minute then Dragons will fold under pressure when they get haunted of the many times they choked in finals.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2nd Preliminary Final
St George Illawarra Dragons (Winner 1) v Wests Tigers (Winner Semi Final 1)
Saturday 25 September 2010, 7:45pm AEST - ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Referees: Shayne Hayne and Ben Cummins; Sideline Officials: David Abood and Russell Turner; Video Referee: Steve Clark
Stand by Referee: Matt Cecchin; Stand by Sideline Official: Steve Chiddy

Dragons: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c) 8. Neville Costigan 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Jeremy Smith
Interchange: 14. Nathan Fien 15. Trent Meriin 16. Matt Prior 17. Jarrod Saffy; Reserves: 18. Nick Emmett 19. Kyle Stanley 20. Jon Green 21. Luke Priddis
Tigers: 1. Mitch Brown 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui 8. Todd Payten 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Liam Fulton 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington
Interchange: 14. Ben Murdoch-Masila 15. Daniel Fitzhenry 16. Simon Dwyer 17. Bryce Gibbs; Reserves: 18. Mark Flanagan 19. Andrew Fifita

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20042

Rovelli

Bench
Going with the safe pick in the Dragons.

They have been the best side all season, and beat a beat-up Manly very easily without ever really looking under threat. Defensively, outside of a virtuoso Raiders team in Canberra, they have been great all season. They also know how to win games when they get in front. They are a side you'd most rely on to hold a lead.

The Tigers will have to jump on them early. Premiership teams are able to overcome adversity in games...it remains to be seen if the Dragons can. They've won a lot this season going away from their opposition. I remember they beat a Luke-less Souths with a 'comeback' but not others.

Dragons by 14.

Rovelli

Bench
One thing I would like to add is I do hope Benji goes well. His performance last week, to come back from an injury and turn in a match-winning performance just shows how undervalued he is IMO.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Going with the safe pick in the Dragons.

They have been the best side all season, and beat a beat-up Manly very easily without ever really looking under threat. Defensively, outside of a virtuoso Raiders team in Canberra, they have been great all season. They also know how to win games when they get in front. They are a side you'd most rely on to hold a lead.

The Tigers will have to jump on them early. Premiership teams are able to overcome adversity in games...it remains to be seen if the Dragons can. They've won a lot this season going away from their opposition. I remember they beat a Luke-less Souths with a 'comeback' but not others.

Dragons by 14.

The most crucial game for me was actually the one against Newcastle. We had them buried at 22-0, then they hit back hard on what was a special night for them (and their last-ditch shot at making the finals to boot). You could tell our players were a bit shell-shocked, especially after the debacle in Canberra the previous week. But someone must have had a few words to the effect of "f**k this sh*t. We're not letting these bastards do a Canberra on us. We're going to win this one." We slipped back into our regular rythm, as if we led by 20, rather than 2. We ground them out of the game for a second time. And we put together a very nice play to wrap the game up with the Soward try. The last 20 minutes of that game more than anything else convinced me that we have what it takes. The disappointment of last year coupled with the timely lesson handed out to us by the Raiders and then the Knights got through to the players just what is required. I'm not saying we've got this wrapped up, or that beating the Tigers is a mere formality (I'll leave that sort of sh*t to the Raiders fans), but I have a quiet confidence our players have discovered (with Mr Bennett's guidance and the harsh teachings of a good old fashioned flogging) the mental toughness required to take that extra step.

Time will tell whether I'm talking out of my arse. In the meantime, keep the choke taunts coming.

p.s. @Rovelli: I for one have never understood the Benji-bashing that tends to go on. Yes, the media love-in can get annoying, but he is absolutely one of the rare players with the ability to turn a match on its head with a flash of brilliance. I've always enjoyed watching him play personally. And I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the commitment he showed in defence against Canberra. A pity his teammates didn't seem too interested in following his lead. Here's hoping he reverts to turnstyle Benji this week though. :p

Last edited:

Latest posts