What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Mon | Raiders 22-14 Broncos | Canberra

Result: Raiders v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
Yep, stupid last play by Lockyer. If he had his time over a chip for Kemp may of been the play.

But again, we didn't deserve the win and the Raiders held on.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I am hoping a kind passing brain surgeon cuts open our playmakers heads with a shovel and inserts a new brain.

Raider_69

Post Whore
If we compete 75% of our sets we win that game by 50
Honestly, that was terrible ball handing but the defense was awesome and the guts was great under pressure

The entire forward pack should be complete dressed down, they dominated, our halves and backs were great but drop ball almost cost us 2 points today. Thats unforgivable at NRL level

Two inside passes...no chance Lockyer.

Should have thrown a cut out pass or chipped it over the top at least.

Good stuff Raiders...ugly but who cares.

user_nat

Coach
Yep, stupid last play by Lockyer. If he had his time over a chip for Kemp may of been the play.

But again, we didn't deserve the win and the Raiders held on.

I was shouting at my TV "Kick it to KEMP!!".. but no he was tackled with the ball once again.

Eelogical

Referee
I for one enjoyed that game. Canberra thoroughly deserved that win. They hung in and never gave up. The team earned their payment.

shear_joy9

Coach
waddell is missing his brain
vidot needs to learn to catch
shillington's defence is a joke with picker's not much better

furner's not qualified to coach the under 6's

Timbo

Staff member
Far out I hate going for this team. Heart attack merchants extrodinaire!

shear_joy9

Coach
canberra can only play one style of football. All they should have been doing that 2nd half was complete their sets and get to their friggen kick.

why the hell did thurling end up with the ball on the last? Why did McCrone try to run it on the last? Absolute bunch of amatuers.

Raider_69

Post Whore
waddell is missing his brain
vidot needs to learn to catch
shillington's defence is a joke with picker's not much better

furner's not qualified to coach the under 6's

Your a f**king idiot
Waddell had a bad game, no doubt
And Vidot had an off day with the hands but usually he's safe as houses, and Pickers defense in the middle was simply outstanding, get a clue into ya :roll:

shear_joy9

Coach
Your a f**king idiot
Waddell had a bad game, no doubt
And Vidot had an off day with the hands but usually he's safe as houses, and Pickers defense in the middle was simply outstanding, get a clue into ya :roll:

vidot had an off day last week aswell...

Picker's defence outstanding? bullsh*t

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I thought Waddell defended really well. His passing was just shocking. He also got us rolling quite well. Just needs to work on that passing cause it was absolutely diabolical.

I was really impressed with the defence. It was all within our own twenty. Yes, the Broncos aren't the best side in the NRL but they had us under the pump and we hung on. What we have to remember is it was through our own stupidity that the Broncos had so many cracks. If we sort out the errors we are laughing. It was our errors against Penrith that cost us as well.

defence won it , our handling sure didnt and gave the Broncs every chance to win it. But the boys hung in and we do have some Fgers out injured.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
yeah no sh*t , You surely must have known i meant live on CH9 or free to air to reach an audience . You are a bulldogs fan though .

Monday night footy hasn't been on Nine since it came into permanent being in 2007. Why you'd make a reference to a MNF game not being on 9 is beyond me...

Raider_69

Post Whore
vidot had an off day last week aswell...

Picker's defence outstanding? bullsh*t

get your eyes off the stats sheet and on to the game of footy
Picker was covering a lot of lazy arse front rowers in the middle, and doing lots of tracking on the edges. He was back to his best. Great hole running too

Vidot's not had a good start to the year with bombs, i agree but he has never had issues before, 2 hot days doesnt make a summer

i repeat, get a clue

shear_joy9

Coach
get your eyes off the stats sheet and on to the game of footy
Picker was covering a lot of lazy arse front rowers in the middle, and doing lots of tracking on the edges. He was back to his best. Great hole running too

Vidot's not had a good start to the year with bombs, i agree but he has never had issues before, 2 hot days doesnt make a summer

i repeat, get a clue

picker offers nothing with the ball and has the speed of an injured animal. you have his bloody picture in your signature so your hardly an objective viewer.

Fensom and Campese deserve alot of praise for their defence.

So how many bombs does Vidot have to blow before it becomes an issue?

MightyBronco

Juniors
Had an enjoyable evening watching this game at broncos leagues club. Big crowd there.

Well done Raiders, you guys played great .Now just take that form out of Canberra and your team can go places!

Broncs we solid i suppose - i wasnt that disappointing in the loss

Raider_69

Post Whore
picker offers nothing with the ball and has the speed of an injured animal. you have his bloody picture in your signature so your hardly an objective viewer.

Fensom and Campese deserve alot of praise for their defence.

So how many bombs does Vidot have to blow before it becomes an issue?

well he had one last week and two this week, if he has another shocker next week and follows it up with 2 more, im willing to say he's got some problems

Dugan is safe as houses and he put one down tonight too, tough day at the office. And lets remember Darren Lockyer is one of the best in the game at placement of a bomb.

Your opinion on picker frankly cant be justified, anyone who watched his game will tell you he made tough yards with ball in hand (tough ones, unlike Shillo who was soft tonight coming in 3rd or 4th tackle in) and he was running around like a made man trying to protect smaller men in Defense. He had 5 mistackles, one of them lead to line break, the others were marker tackles due to him being so tenacious around the ruck, which were cleaned up immediately after his misses. Try watching the game instead of staring at the NRL.com stat sheet

Joe Picker is also our best hole runner, he opened up alot of line breaks with great running and set up a try with good ball skills to get it away for Dugan Try

Last edited:

Latest posts