What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R4 | Fri 2:10 | Storm 17-4 Dragons | Etihad

Result: Storm v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dragonfire

Bench
GI to own Soward again...the nightmare continues.

wow, creativity :cool: but as dragondad pointed out we beat you guys last time we met, i actually cant wait to see Inglis and Scott matchup. On form you cant go past the Dragons in the game. Hope this game has the intensity of our previous matchups as it will be great viewing

Evenflow

Bench
wow, creativity :cool: but as dragondad pointed out we beat you guys last time we met, i actually cant wait to see Inglis and Scott matchup. On form you cant go past the Dragons in the game. Hope this game has the intensity of our previous matchups as it will be great viewing

So? Melbourne have also beaten the Dragons 9 out of the past 10 before that, not to mention they haven't won in Mexico since 1999 so i'm not sure what your point is. The fact is the result of the last game or the last 10 or how little success the Dragons have had in Melbourne means f**k all when it comes to this game.

I agree that on form you'd have to pick the Dragons as they've played much better footy than the Storm so far this year but in saying that i think they'll lift many notches (and they'll have to) and just pip the Dragons by 2 in what should be an absoulte cracker of a game.

petetheileet

First Grade
So? Melbourne have also beaten the Dragons 9 out of the past 10 before that, not to mention they haven't won in Mexico since 1999 so i'm not sure what your point is. The fact is the result of the last game or the last 10 or how little success the Dragons have had in Melbourne means f**k all when it comes to this game.

I agree that on form you'd have to pick the Dragons as they've played much better footy than the Storm so far this year but in saying that i think they'll lift many notches (and they'll have to) and just pip the Dragons by 2 in what should be an absoulte cracker of a game.

Point is, it was said the the nightmare continues....as though dragons have had nightmares about the Storm in recent times

when really saints won the last match convincingly which would go towards putting to bed any so called 'nightmares'

cant wait for friday!!!

petetheileet

First Grade
I really doubt there is any Psychological damage left hanging over Saints head re the Storm

Since the start of 08 h2h is 2-2.

and the vast majority of our squad has only been together since then. The only players left from troubled times would be Cooper, Hornby, Young and Creagh.

Totally new squad

new coach and i think we are a strong chance of coming away with a win on friday. Hopefully its a fair but tough game where the better team wins!

stormbati

Bench
Should be a good game, with Cronk back in the side the Storm shouldn't have trouble scoring tries.
In saying that, I can't see Cronulla winning and I can't see Dragons losing.

Lowdown

Juniors
Storm to rellish the occassion:

- First home game of the season
- Blockbuster Good Friday crowd
- Great record at (a) Home (b) v Dragons (c) @ Etihad

I liken this to the R3 Storm v Warriors game in 2007. Both teams undefeated, and the Warriors had blitzed both Broncs and Parra in the first two rounds, whilst Storm did it tougher against weaker teams.

Storm came out dined on the warriors flesh, and pissed on their carcass.

I expect the same come Friday.

Storm by 16.

Noa

First Grade
Playing for the emergency servcies cup which is good in case one team starts getting a shortness of breath or finds their airways feeling constricted.

Rovelli

Bench
Loving the kickoff time as well.

This is oh so tough to call. Melbourne have been understrength, but have pulled through to win potential banana-skin games in Cronulla, Newcastle and Penrith. I would argue that none of these teams will make the playoffs (maybe Penrith if they play more consistently).

Dragons outplayed the Eels and then won big in the past two weeks. Defensively, they've been very very stingy.

Storm are at Etihad where they are almost unbeatable. Sticking with Storm by 2, but not confident with this tip at all.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Hope we can get a win but I have my doubts. Saints are gonna have to lose a game some time and if so I think this is it. But at the same time I want to get a win over these purple Mexicans. And have Billy Slater concussed.

A close one which could go either way

dragonfire

Bench
Hope we can get a win but I have my doubts. Saints are gonna have to lose a game some time and if so I think this is it. But at the same time I want to get a win over these purple Mexicans. And have Billy Slater concussed.

A close one which could go either way

wow, same could be said about the Storm having to lose at some time. have some confidence man

Shorty

Staff member
I'm really looking forward to the next 3 weeks. We play the two currently undefeated teams in rounds 4 and 6 (both away from home), with the Broncos at WIN sandwiched in the middle. Saints vs Melbourne is game of the season thus far, and I think a clash between the two teams who will probably be fighting out the minor premiership.
LOL.
It's round 3 and you're talking mp already?
wow, same could be said about the Storm having to lose at some time. have some confidence man
Or is that arrogance?

Dragons were pretty average last week, defence was great as per usual but if the Cowboys had been decent opposition they'd probably have had a game on their hands.
Dragons seem to get fired up for Melbourne games, Melbourne doesn't care and usually wins.
Storm by 10.

Gaba

First Grade
dragons were the only team to come from behind twice against melbourne last year ,first game in melbourne , dragons came from behind to make it a golden point game.

storm 17-16

2nd game where the dragons come from behind at halftime the only team against the storm to do that and won the 2nd half 18-0 , dragons were losing 12-4 before half time and put on 22 unanswered points
fulltime dragons 26-12

got a feeling the dragons going to come from behind again

Last edited:

petetheileet

First Grade
I think if saints are to win they will have to start well

The Storm in their second halfs this year have been great