What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Rivalry R19 | Sun | Raiders 52-18 Knights | Canberra

Result: Raiders v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Should be a good game, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully our boys have turned a corner and show a bit of consistency.

Will be interesting to see if Vidot and Rogers come together.

Raiders by 10.

typicalfan

Coach
To be fair I meant the last month or so that's why I didn't say best fullback or player this year. It's a fair arguemt name a player and or fullback who has played better then Gidley over the last month?
Didn't Billy Slater just win the Wally Lewis medal? a pretty good indication that his recent form is as good as any fullback, also best in a beaten team v the Bulldogs last week. So yeah Billy comfortably since the start of origin 2.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Canberra Raiders v Newcastle Knights
Sunday 18 July 2010, 2:00pm AEST - Canberra Stadium
Referees: Ashley Klein and Jason Robinson; Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Luke Potter; Video Referee: Chris Ward

Raiders
:
1. Josh Dugan 2. Joel Monaghan 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Adam Mogg 5. Daniel Vidot 6. Terry Campese (C) 7. Josh McCrone 8. Dane Tilse 9. Travis Waddell 10. David Shillington 11. Joe Picker 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Josh Miller
Interchange: 14. Sam Mataora 15. Trevor Thurling 16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs 17. Scott Logan; Reserves: 18. Danny Galea
Knights
:
1. Kurt Gidley (C) 2. Akuila Uate 3. Junior Sa'u 4. Adam MacDougall 5. James McManus 6. Ben Rogers 7. Jarrod Mullen 8. Ben Cross 9. Isaac De Gois 10. Dan Tolar 11. Zeb Taia 12. Cory Paterson 13. Mark Taufua
Interchange: 14. Matt Hilder 15. Wes Naiqama 16. Richie Fa'aoso 17. Antonio Kaufusi

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19570

skeepe

Immortal
Looks close to the strongest team the Knights can put out, apart from Dureau missing.

We'll still give them a touch up.

StormisBrewing

Juniors
If any Newcastle fan is seriously expecting them to win, they have rocks in their head. Every person is the Raiders team, bar McCrone, is easily better than their Newcastle counterpart (taking into account where the backs will play).

1. Dugan >>>>> Gidley
2. Monaghan >>> McManus
3. Croker >= MacDougall
4. Mogg >> Sa'u
5. Vidot >= Uate
6. Campese >>>>>>>> Rogers
7. McCrone < Mullen
8. Tilse >> Cross
9. Waddell (when starting) >= De Gois
10. Shillington >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tolar
11. Picker > Taia
12. Harrison >> Paterson
13. Miller >>> Taufua

14. Mataora >>>>>>>> Hilder
15. Thurling >>>>> Naiqama
16. Learoyd-Lahrs >>>>>>> Fa'aoso
17. Logan >>>> Kaufusi

18. Galea > Nobody

Even with his bad attack, Campese will have no problem ripping through the Knights defence.

Halftime
Raiders 52 Knights 0

Fulltime
Raiders 86 Knights 0

Tries: Dugan 3, Vidot 3, Mataora 2, McCrone 2, Monaghan, Campese, Croker, Waddell, Picker. Goals: Croker 13/15.

skeepe

Immortal
Dureau missing means it is our strongest team lol

I disagree.

6. Mullen
7. Dureau

is far stronger than the halves combination you've gone with. Particularly after Rogers loses his head again. How that utter, utter merkin of a human being wasn't sent off for his disgraceful king hits remains a mystery.

skeepe

Immortal
If any Newcastle fan is seriously expecting them to win, they have rocks in their head. Every person is the Raiders team, bar McCrone, is easily better than their Newcastle counterpart (taking into account where the backs will play).

1. Dugan >>>>> Gidley
2. Monaghan >>> McManus
3. Croker >= MacDougall
4. Mogg >> Sa'u
5. Vidot >= Uate
7. McCrone < Mullen
8. Tilse >> Cross
11. Picker > Taia
12. Harrison >> Paterson
13. Miller >>> Taufua

17. Logan >>>> Kaufusi

18. Galea > Nobody

Even with his bad attack, Campese will have no problem ripping through the Knights defence.

Halftime
Raiders 52 Knights 0

Fulltime
Raiders 86 Knights 0

Tries: Dugan 3, Vidot 3, Mataora 2, McCrone 2, Monaghan, Campese, Croker, Waddell, Picker. Goals: Croker 13/15.

Now here's someone who knows what they're talking about, IMO

Frederick

Staff member
I disagree.

6. Mullen
7. Dureau

is far stronger than the halves combination you've gone with. Particularly after Rogers loses his head again. How that utter, utter merkin of a human being wasn't sent off for his disgraceful king hits remains a mystery.

Disagree. The combination we've named is far stronger than any including Dureau, primarily defensively. Did you not see Dureaus last game in first grade against the Warriors? His first clearing kick of the game was sent straight into the scaffolding surrounding the western stand development. Lewis Brown turned him into a human speedbump in the leadup to one of their tries. Dureau is incompetent in attack, and words cannot describe how bad he is defensively. He's been given his marching orders by the Knights, and will never find himself playing first grade in Australia ever again. Rogers may have the odd brain explosion in him, but is rock solid in D and has a great running game. However he won't find himself anywhere near the halves next year when Beau Henry arrives, unless injuries strike.

skeepe

Immortal
Dureau will have a long and successful first grade career. I'd stake my hard-won reputation on it.

Serc

First Grade
Apparently Mullen is in huge doubt due to a hip injury. This could get ugly if Dureau is given a run.

Didn't realise that noname with nobrains had spammed various parts of the forum last night :p

In case anyone else is wondering Mullen is not heavily in doubt at all, none of the various media reports over the last few days have suggested that. Yes he is struggling a bit with that hip injury but all reports suggest he will most definitely play.

Dureau will have a long and successful first grade career. I'd stake my hard-won reputation on it.

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is how trolling should be done :p parraeels2010 take note!

Noname36

First Grade
Well Noname with nobrains is actually tipping a comfortable Raiders win...so hopefully, that should point to a Knight's victory right?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
LeagueUnlimited.com Preview

Dear Prime Minister, I write this open letter not as a member of any political party, nor as a person with any political leanings. My party is Rugby League, and my policies revolve around hitting big, hard and often. This is simply a letter of friendly advice to you, politely suggesting

Read the rest of the letter and match preview here: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19583

1. Dugan >>>>> Gidley
2. Monaghan >>> McManus
3. Croker >= MacDougall
4. Mogg >> Sa'u
5. Vidot >= Uate
7. McCrone < Mullen
8. Tilse >> Cross
11. Picker > Taia
12. Harrison >> Paterson
13. Miller >>> Taufua

17. Logan >>>> Kaufusi

18. Galea > Nobody

Halftime
Raiders 52 Knights 0

Fulltime
Raiders 86 Knights 0

Well that's done them a lot of good hasn't it, still behind us on the ladder. Your opinions suck and you suck. Go away troll.

I'm not that worried about playing down here this year. Even if the Raiders dominate, they have proven before that they can't finish games off or even score inside the 20 metre zone. I don't expect a win but feel the two points will come a lot easier down in Canberra this year.

Serc

First Grade
Well Noname with nobrains is actually tipping a comfortable Raiders win...so hopefully, that should point to a Knight's victory right?

haha sorry to be a little harsh before...but just on the matter of tipping, I have decided to tip the Knights, though it is pretty much a coin toss still I reckon!

Raiders have been woeful most of the season, but Drugcastle have nothing. They'll be too busy sniffing coke and popping ecckies to be interested in this one.

Raiders by 16

Jason Maher

Immortal
Wow, if the Raiders can ever discover anything like the passion their fans show in these threads, they'll be set for a decade.