What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R23 | Sun | Raiders 18-47 Rabbitohs | Canberra

R23: CAN v SOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Canberra Raiders v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Sunday 14 August 2011, kickoff 2:00pm; Canberra Stadium
TV: Live FOX Sports 2+2HD; Live Radio: ABC + Networks
Referees: Tony De Las Heras and Steve Lyons; Touch Judges: Russell Turner and Grant Atkins; Video Referee: Rod Lawrence

Raiders: 1. Josh Dugan 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joel Thompson 5. Reece Robinson 6. Josh McCrone 7. Sam Williams 8. Brett White 9. Alan Tongue (c) 10. David Shillington 11. Danny Galea 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Shaun Fensom
Interchange: 14. Joe Picker 15. Josh Miller 16. Josh Papalii 17. Sam Mataora
Rabbitohs: 1. Nathan Merritt 2. Dylan Farrell 3. Shaune Corrigan 4. Greg Inglis 5. Chris McQueen 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow 8. Ben Ross 9. Issac Luke 10. Shannan McPherson 11. Eddy Pettybourne 12. David Taylor 13. Michael Crocker (c)
Interchange: 14. Luke Burgess 15. Dave Tyrrell 16. Jason Clark 17. Nathan Peats

NRL Teams R23: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21764

Other grades: http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21774

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We need to improve our defence on the left our Inglis is going to deadset pump us (he plays on the left right ??)

Traditionally during our awful run against the Storm Inglis and Slater would have epic games. I can see him just destroying us. boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This will be ugly

Id like to think we could win this and will still tip that way.

But we played with no heart and no idea last week , I cant see that changing even if Souths go in over confident.

We are a shattered team on many fronts.

I just hope parra continue to lose , we should avoid the spoon

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If we can beat the Titans we should avoid the spoon but we are in big big trouble if we lose to them.

to_ddeath

Coach
Apart from Bunnies man outlandish score predictions, I still can't see how the home side can snag a win here. LOL by 7.

T.

meercat

Juniors
Raiders to come out firing to try and restore some passion in the jersey, Souths to be overconfident and looking towards the finals prematurely. Will be a close one but Raiders to get up at home.

Galeforce

Bench
Souths were given NO chance against the Chokers at Stranglehold stadium . So noone can take any team for granted in the NRL. If Souths go into this game with the right mentality then souths by 30+.
If not , a close game and luck will decide the game.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Souths were given NO chance against the Chokers at Stranglehold stadium . So noone can take any team for granted in the NRL. If Souths go into this game with the right mentality then souths by 30+.
If not , a close game and luck will decide the game.

lol, poor old Souffs. Choking since 1970

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Nothing like a bunch of souths fans talking up their chances after pipping a clearly out of form dragons side and an eels side with as much potency as Montgomery Burns.

Our side is not so bad. If we were playing a genuine finals contender there may be reasons to be concerned but seeing as it's souths we've got this. Just not sure how many meaningless tries we will score.

On another note if we wear our alternative strip because souths refuse to have a legitimate one of their own I will personally drive from Alice Springs to Canberra to punch Don Furner in the face.

You heard it here first.

Galeforce

Bench
lol, poor old Souffs. Choking since 1970

haw haw Haw not only are Saints chokers , however some of their fans like Hutty1986 should keep their mouths shut as they are so stupid.

hutty1986 a couple of facts dope

1) Souths won a premiership in 1971 against st choke in GF. you poor fool
2) since 1970 Souths 2 premierships and Saints 2 premierships , and St Merge the chokers 1. So I would not be too cocky about those stats.
3) assume hutty1986 is a reminder to yourself that you were born in 1986 , you have at best seen Saints win a GF.
I have seen Souths win 4 GF , i was at the GF games.
4) As an experienced supporter , good times and bad , i know that NO GAME can be taken for granted .
5) My point on the Raiders game was that SOuths should WIN and WIN WELL , however if they go in with the wrong mentality then the game will close and as such anyone could win. This is experience you dope and not idle boasts.
6) ONE Boast i will give you , if Souths do make the finals , then i hope they meet Saints in the finals ! however unless Saints can beat Roosters ( and Carney and co have made that easier) then Saints will not make the Finals . Now go and wipe yourself dope

skeepe

Immortal
haw haw Haw not only are Saints chokers , however some of their fans like Hutty1986 should keep their mouths shut as they are so stupid.

2) since 1970 Souths 2 premierships and Saints 2 premierships , and St Merge the chokers 1. So I would not be too cocky about those stats.
3) assume hutty1986 is a reminder to yourself that you were born in 1986 , you have at best seen Saints win a GF.
4) As an experienced supporter , good times and bad , i know that NO GAME can be taken for granted .
5) My point on the Raiders game was that SOuths should WIN and WIN WELL , however if they go in with the wrong mentality then the game will close and as such anyone could win. This is experience you dope and not idle boasts.
6) ONE Boast i will give you , if Souths do make the finals , then i hope they meet Saints in the finals ! however unless Saints can beat Roosters ( and Carney and co have made that easier) then Saints will not make the Finals . Now go and wipe yourself dope

Arrogant little prick aren't you?

Hutty1986

Immortal

Um, I think the issue here is that the last time Souffs won anything, blokes were walking around with afros and bell-bottom jeans.

bileduct

Coach
On another note if we wear our alternative strip because souths refuse to have a legitimate one of their own I will personally drive from Alice Springs to Canberra to punch Don Furner in the face.
Have we even won a game wearing the black alternate jersey?

Galeforce

Bench
Arrogant little prick aren't you?

Make that BIG .
Instead of the cheap one liners, what have i said that was wrong ? considering my mild initial message , followed by the moronic one liner from the St Merge dope. If you like cheap one liners then no point responding further.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Have we even won a game wearing the black alternate jersey?

I'm not sure, more than likely we've won. I guess my point is that as the home team we should wear the green and not compromise because souths don't have a legitimate alternate strip.