What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ashes Test: Australia v England @ Gabba Dec 8-12, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I began my journey to baldness on the 5th day of the 2006/7 Adelaide Ashes test.

I am now indeed at the Adam Lyth phase of my journey.
My decent into Baldness began in the 1998 Major Finals against the Dogs, and by the 2005 major Semi against the Cows I landed into Adam Lyth town ☹️
Great stories brothers, shows that the affliction that is baldness knows no boundaries.

My fate was sealed the day I passed through my sister's living room and said "who is that team in lime green?'

I've recently reached the Ivan Henjak phase. 🥺

Valheru

Coach
If you guys think the TV commentators are whingers, have a listen tot he ABC radio commentators.

There was some clown last night (don't know his name) who was saying Head's innings wasn't that impressive because Australia didn't need the runs. He came in at 3/189 and was then 5/195 before he had a chance to get his eye in with a debutant coming in at 7. I think we needed the f**king runs.

Then he went on about how the bowlers got tired and he just took advantage of Warner's/Marnus' good work. Full credit to those 2 batsmen for toughing it out but that is exactly what the number 5's job is.

Some people just can't be pleased.

Valheru

Coach
Storms rolled though at 6:30 last night, overcast this morning. Perfect time to send them back in to bat LOL.

That toss/decision is some real sliding doors shit.

I really don't think the decision to bat was a bad one. Their aptitude was the issue.

If they bowled we probably finish the rain shortened day at 3/250.

TheParraboy

Staff member
If you guys think the TV commentators are whingers, have a listen tot he ABC radio commentators.

There was some clown last night (don't know his name) who was saying Head's innings wasn't that impressive because Australia didn't need the runs. He came in at 3/189 and was then 5/195 before he had a chance to get his eye in with a debutant coming in at 7. I think we needed the f**king runs.

Then he went on about how the bowlers got tired and he just took advantage of Warner's/Marnus' good work. Full credit to those 2 batsmen for toughing it out but that is exactly what the number 5's job is.

Some people just can't be pleased.

I hope Chappelli put him in his place..

Bazal

Post Whore
I really don't think the decision to bat was a bad one. Their aptitude was the issue.

If they bowled we probably finish the rain shortened day at 3/250.

I think the decision to bat was wrong because it exposed their incredibly weak lineup to the toughest conditions of the match.

But it wasn't bad, no. It was just "safe" in that it's still almost always seen as the correct call, and bowling is the outlier. They'd have been ok if they battled through the first session but I think they were probably better off bowling.

Well after some white ball like assaulting by Warner, Marnus and Head the Aussies are now driving this match and heading for a massive victory. Have always said white ball cricket was Head's forte and his great counter punching from a rather precarious 5/195 was most impresssive. Shades of Stokes Headingley 2019.

Last edited:
I think the decision to bat was wrong because it exposed their incredibly weak lineup to the toughest conditions of the match.
Like others before him Root got spooked by Nasser Husseins .. "we'll have a bowl" at the same ground back in '02 which backfired brutally.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Well after some white ball like assaulting by Warner, Marnus and Head the Aussies are now driving this match and heading for a massive victory. Have always said white ball cricket was Head's forte and his great counter punching from a rather precarious 6/149 was most impresssive. Shades of Stokes Headingley 2019.
Head is in my possibles v probables squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.