What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI - Australia v New Zealand Sydney Cricket Ground, Dec 4 2016

TheParraboy

Staff member
3 One dayers v the black caps coming up, starting Sunday

Then the 3 test series v Pakistan commences on Dec 15

Back in the day we most likely would have had a Shield game before the nest test series in preparation, ahhh well, sign of the times

I can see Boland, Mennie and Tremain playing, and of course we most likely look to rest Haze and Starc, along with Smith Khawaja and probably Davey boy

Kiwis 2-1 for mine (dont know if we will manage to win a game, but im putting it out there)

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, I am not full of confidence given our lineup - but don't give a stuff at the moment as we have a test and series to win

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so Starc and Haze not being rested according to an article I read yesterday

Sanity prevails

Saw the Crash/Wasim interview at lunch in the Pakis/Kiwis test, he talked about fitness, the best thing you can do is bowl and bowl and bowl

he is not a fan of the rotation process that the Aussies use

Timbo

Staff member
Guys they picked the squads ages ago - the attack is led Haze, Starc and Cummins, with Faulkner and MMarsh as allrounders.

chigurh

so Starc and Haze not being rested according to an article I read yesterday

Sanity prevails

Saw the Crash/Wasim interview at lunch in the Pakis/Kiwis test, he talked about fitness, the best thing you can do is bowl and bowl and bowl

he is not a fan of the rotation process that the Aussies use

The CA resting policy is/has been a dismal failure. I don't know if Australia could have possibly suffered more injuries during that period under any different approach to the one they have taken.

Australia don't have an embarrassment of riches like we did 10-20 years ago.

The ODI side should pretty much reflect the test team IMHO.

T20 they can use the Lynn, Finch, Maxwell types.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Australia's ODI squad: Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), George Bailey, Hilton Cartwright, Pat Cummins, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, Adam Zampa

No Hastings? Would have gone him over Marsh tbh

Do we need to move on from Bailey? He has served us well in this format but we will eventually need to move on, Khawaja to take his spot?

Good to see Maxy back, I really hope he can screw his head on right and perform consistently, the odd brain snap ok (ie. when we are 4/280 in the 45th over), but not most of the time when we need him to bat on.

Be nice to see Zampa continue to improve otherwise they will bring back Lyon. Whats Wade gonna say after every Zampa delivery? o_O

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree Bailey is nearing the end of his career. I like to see Oozie in there too

Bazal

Post Whore
Warner
Finch
Smith
Bailey
Head
Faulkner
Wade
Starc
Cummins
Zampa
Haze

12th Maxwell

For me plz

2 weeks

Coach
I'd open with Maxwell & Warner

Give the Big Show the first power play

If those 2 fire on the same day, we'll be near 200 at the end of it

vvvrulz

Coach
Good to see Maxy back, I really hope he can screw his head on right and perform consistently, the odd brain snap ok (ie. when we are 4/280 in the 45th over), but not most of the time when we need him to bat on.

As long as there's flat decks to be had, Maxwell will always bat like a genius.

Bazal

Post Whore
....or Maxwell tries to reverse sweep Trent Boult and is deadset killed.

Either way, it's a win!

Meth

Staff member
Australia's ODI squad: Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), George Bailey, Hilton Cartwright, Pat Cummins, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, Adam Zampa

No Hastings? Would have gone him over Marsh tbh

Read an article that said Hastings wasn't impressed with the omission.

JJ

Immortal
Who's this Paris Cartwright fella??

Both squads have their share of nuffies and flat track bullies

But Henry in the middle order. FFS the Aussies must be terrified