What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v West Indies @ Adelaide Oval Jan 17-19, 2024

TheParraboy

Staff member
Who is going to replace Uzi is the more interesting question he won't be around much longer.

Bancroft has to be there eventually imo. If not as Warners replacement, then Uzis, especially if he keeps doing well in Shield cricket

Got to reward guys who kill it in Shield

Fangs

Coach
I'm sure if they can get over Davey leaving the Whatsapp group that they can sort out playing cricket with Bancroft. They are big boys.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Smiffy to open for mine. That along with retiring from white ball cricket is just what he needs imo.

Yes Bancroft has scored some shield runs but he's been picked more than once and is a failure. He's also a snivelling little snitch and a shit teammate so f**k the merkin

King-Gutho94

Coach
That’s the way I would go, seems they have no faith in any of the openers in the system.
Can't really blame them tbh.

When the 2 best options are seen as 2 proven failures in Bancroft & Harris its hard to trust.

Renshaw just hasn't been given a fair enough go since his 1st dropping in 2017 and seems like he is heading down the path of unfillled potential.

He is still young enough i suppose.

Who else is there - Tim Ward hasn't converted enough of his 50s into centuries.
Henry Hunt has 8 FC 100s already and only 27 years old but only averages 31.

Jordan Silk is another frustating one because whenever i seen him play he looks technically okay for a giraffe and is a great fieldsman still only 31 so could get 5 years out of him. But hasn't banged the door down enough in Shield cricket in the past decade to warrant selection 11 FCs 100s but only averages 32. Your not picking a bloke to bat for Australia with a career average of 32.

Though i am not sure what Marnus was averaging in FC cricket when he got picked was he mid 30s.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Can't really blame them tbh.

When the 2 best options are seen as 2 proven failures in Bancroft & Harris its hard to trust.

Renshaw just hasn't been given a fair enough go since his 1st dropping in 2017 and seems like he is heading down the path of unfillled potential.

He is still young enough i suppose.

Who else is there - Tim Ward hasn't converted enough of his 50s into centuries.
Henry Hunt has 8 FC 100s already and only 27 years old but only averages 31.

Jordan Silk is another frustating one because whenever i seen him play he looks technically okay for a giraffe and is a great fieldsman still only 31 so could get 5 years out of him. But hasn't banged the door down enough in Shield cricket in the past decade to warrant selection 11 FCs 100s but only averages 32. Your not picking a bloke to bat for Australia with a career average of 32.

Though i am not sure what Marnus was averaging in FC cricket when he got picked was he mid 30s.
Mad Arsey Marnus should probably average about 40 in test cricket. I've never seen a player with such good luck, it's incredible

Latest posts