What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Trading

lockyno1

Post Whore
Smartman said:
I dont want Crawf to leave but if push comes to shove and he wants to go to Essendon, they better give their pick number 7 and a useful player like Cupido.

Hawks picks 3, 6 and 7...sweet

I am an Essendon fan and beleive me, you DON'T want Cupido! That bloke has the worst attitude of any AFL Player! He has so much potential and he will be lucky to give you 5 good agmes a year!

Smartman

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
I am an Essendon fan and beleive me, you DON'T want Cupido! That bloke has the worst attitude of any AFL Player! He has so much potential and he will be lucky to give you 5 good agmes a year!

You could be right, if Sheeds couldnt get the best out of him then there is a problem.
On the other hand hes still pretty young and hopefully matures.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
You forget that Thomas is dwarfed by his own ego and honestly believes he can turn water into wine.

LOL!

Oh don't get me wrong, I do strongly beleive with Malcolm still at the helm they would be unstoppable on their march to the premiership given the talent at that club.

However, all laughing at Thomas aside - He does control contract negotiations remember...

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Are we talking high as in high in the order, or high as in high in number?

Lawd Gawd, I bloody well hope its the latter!

Otherwise Collingwood would cream themselves silly about snaring pick 7 for Woewodin, and wouldn't concern themselves with Bolton and the youngster.

Agreed!

If Essendon give up a top 10 pick for Woewoeful, Sheedy has finally proven he has taken the final descent into Mark Latham levels of senility.

Could always give it to us for a package deal of Tiv and Krak ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
meltiger said:
Agreed!

If Essendon give up a top 10 pick for Woewoeful, Sheedy has finally proven he has taken the final descent into Mark Latham levels of senility.

Could always give it to us for a package deal of Tiv and Krak ;-)

You Tigers really want to get rids of Tiv and Krak don't you! These two are reasonable footy players! Woewoedin just needs a reasonable coach! He aint getting that with Malthouse!:lol:

meltiger

First Grade
They both need a change of club. Doubt they are going to acheive their potential at Richmond.

Plus with Tambling - Not sure we have a need for Krak to be honest.

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Cyber, word is that it is pick 7, which is unfortuate but from an Essendon's point of view Woewoedin would be a good pickup and I am happy to forgo that pick, and get Woewoedin!

Mate, I think Craig and I need to hold an intervention for you to get you back on track if you believe that Woewodin for pick 7 would be a good pickup for the Bombers.

As it is, Collingwood got him for pick 16 a few years ago, and his form had already dipped from his halcyon Brownlow days. Its gone further south since then! Effectively, you'd be taking a dodgy tired looking player who turns 30 next year, and passing up on a nippy young midfield prospect like Pfeiffer, Varcoe, Swallow or Jones that could give you 12+ years of service. Alternatively, you could get a young KPP type like Clarke or Dowler, given that Essendon is hardly awash with young KPP types.

Geez. If Essendon is keen on an old-fart midfielder, then I'd readily give them Crawford for pick 7. He'd have to be better than Woewodin at that price.

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
Mate, I think Craig and I need to hold an intervention for you to get you back on track if you believe that Woewodin for pick 7 would be a good pickup for the Bombers.

As it is, Collingwood got him for pick 16 a few years ago, and his form had already dipped from his halcyon Brownlow days. Its gone further south since then! Effectively, you'd be taking a dodgy tired looking player who turns 30 next year, and passing up on a nippy young midfield prospect like Pfeiffer, Varcoe, Swallow or Jones that could give you 12+ years of service. Alternatively, you could get a young KPP type like Clarke or Dowler, given that Essendon is hardly awash with young KPP types.

Geez. If Essendon is keen on an old-fart midfielder, then I'd readily give them Crawford for pick 7. He'd have to be better than Woewodin at that price.

I'd rather Crawford but Sheedy wants Woewoedin as well!

CyberKev

Staff member
Well, the silly season just went and got a whole lot sillier!

Collingwood seeking a first round draft pick in exchange for Richie Cole!

In case you're wondering, he's the half back flanker who couldn't get a game for the embattled Pies in the midst of a massive injury crisis this season.

Oh well, I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask :roll:

lockyno1

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
Well, the silly season just went and got a whole lot sillier!

Collingwood seeking a first round draft pick in exchange for Richie Cole!

In case you're wondering, he's the half back flanker who couldn't get a game for the embattled Pies in the midst of a massive injury crisis this season.

Oh well, I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask :roll:

All I can say is....That is Collingwood!:lol:

CyberKev

Staff member
Yze could be a handy acquisition if he didn't cost too much.

Locky...

So much for the Woewodin to Essendon for pick 7 + Bolton + untried youngster talk.

He's been delisted by Collingwood and is now available in the PSD which would be infinitely more palatable for the Bombers.

Smartman

Juniors
Hawthorn wouldnt want Yze considering their youth policy.

The hawks will most likely get Polak from Freo for Hay.

Polak has had a disapointing year but a change of scenery would do him good ie Croad.

Getting will require giving up Hay and a second rounder which is good considering its a weak draft after picks 8 or 9.

Wouldnt mind trading pick 3 for Luke Power though and getting a key position player at pick 6
icon6.gif

lockyno1

Post Whore
Here is a list of players that have been rumoured for trading. These are taken from the Bigfooty forums

Adam Yze - Melbourne (turns 30 in 3 years) (may stay.. new contract has been offered by Melbourne).
Beau McDonald - Brisbane Lions (leaving coz offered $70,000 only - ie base pay). IMP. RUCKMAN for lions in 2001-02.. hasn't played since 2003 due to injuries.
Brad Scott - Brisbane Lions (salary cap)
Brendan Fevola - Carlton (Carlton wants to get rid of him after shooting itself in the foot by contracting him on $500K per year for 3 years).
Byron Pickett - Port Adelaide (was offered 150,000 and has asked for 300,000)
Damon White - Port Adelaide - Rumoured??
Daniel Motlop - Kangaroos (wants to go interstate - to live closer to NT)
Ferguson Watts: Adelaide (Go Home to Vic. Adelaide wants high draft pick)
Jonathan Hay - Hawthorn (I think they want to swindle Freo again)
LUKE POWER - Brisbane Lions (no contract yet)
Matthew Lappin - Carlton (Old - wants a 3 year contract)
Nathan Eagleton - Western Bulldogs (wants more money)
Peter Everitt - Hawthorn (Hawthorn is trying to trade him for someone cheaper or a draft pick).
Richard Cole - Collingwood (wants to go to Essendon)
Shane WoeWoedin - Collingwood (to be traded/delisted coz is crap)
Shannon Grant: Kangaroos (more money, ie $600,000)
Steven Gilham - Port Adelaide - 191 cm (yep.. that's the best he's got).
Jimmy Bartel - Geelong (good player... wants more money).
Andrew Karouker - Richmond

Some are interesting!

CyberKev

Staff member
Re: Motlop.

Is Adelaide considered to be "closer to the NT"?

If so, I propose:

Hay to Kangaroos;
Motlop to Adelaide;
Fergus Watts + Kangaroos pick 13 to Hawthorn.

Adelaide may baulk, but given that Watts has only played 5 uninspired games, and is offering potential moreso than anything concrete, it may work.

I'd prefer a Polak/Hay straight swap though.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I agree on Motlop, just how can you get closer to the NT? Port and Adelaide would be even further than Victoria! Makes you wonder whethere there is another reason!

tye

Juniors
Interesting to see the bombers are keen to get in the player market and make a few changes at the great club. Also is there any talk of players leaving the swans?

lockyno1

Post Whore
tye said:
Interesting to see the bombers are keen to get in the player market and make a few changes at the great club. Also is there any talk of players leaving the swans?

Swans no, not really. Well not in their top list anyway!