What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Trading

choc_soldier

Coach
Channel 10 (Sports Tonight) is saying that the Swans are targetting Everitt in the draft.

Would he be a good buy?

lockyno1

Post Whore
parra_panther said:
Channel 10 (Sports Tonight) is saying that the Swans are targetting Everitt in the draft.

Would he be a good buy?

YES! But to get him they will lose at least 1 very good youngster and a draft pick (their higest probally)!

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
YES! But to get him they will lose at least 1 very good youngster and a draft pick (their higest probally)!

The problem for Sydney is that they don't have any great youngsters to give. A cursory look over their list shows that they have blooded less youngsters recently than any other club, and have little untried talent to get enthused about.

To have any hope, they'd need to offer their first pick (19) + a player like Schneider.

From a Sydney perspective, it smacks of early desperation in topping-up to try to pinch another flag. Everitt is very good, and ruckmen can go longer than other players, but he is still only one errant injury away from retirement.

From a Hawthorn perspective, they would be thinking strongly along the lines of Everitt being an injury risk and having limited available shelf life. This is fine, but they would need to use pick 19 to snare young ruck prospect Warnock (who would probably take at least 2 years to be ready for AFL football); and would also need to rookie list an eligible ruckman currently playing VFL. On top of that, they would have to rely on Taylor & Campbell to do the rucking for them. These guys are only solid, and the latter is injury prone.

Would be a big risk both ways (moreso for the Swans) and I can't see it coming off.

Smartman

Juniors
Hay to Kangaroos for pick 13.

Wouldnt be bad for Hawthorn, getting 2 KPPs for their first 2 picks and speedy midfielders for picks 13 and 22.

Although Freo could still be interested in Hay and a direct swap with Polack, i wouldnt mind either.

CyberKev

Staff member
Smartman said:
Hay to Kangaroos for pick 13.

Wouldnt be bad for Hawthorn, getting 2 KPPs for their first 2 picks and speedy midfielders for picks 13 and 22.

Although Freo could still be interested in Hay and a direct swap with Polack, i wouldnt mind either.

Screw that, Smarters, as a bare minimum I would ask for pick 13 + Shannon Watt!

With Freo reiterating their interest in Hay and Melbourne also entering the signature race, I say we saddle-up this pony and go on a sweet, sweet ride.

I still like my 3-way trade proposed above, although Fergus Watts could be a sticking point, given his keenness to get to St Kilda.

Alternatively, I would propose:

Hay to the Kangaroos;

Pick 13 to Hawthorn;

Motlop to West Coast;

McDougall to the Kangaroos;

McConnell to Hawthorn.

meltiger

First Grade
SA is considered to be closer ... It's certainly easier to fly from SA to NT than from Victoria.

CyberKev

Staff member
Some bone romancer on BF posited the possibility of a Welsh (Ess) direct trade for Tivendale (Rich) and I had a ripper laugh to set myself up for the afternoon.

Unfortunately, some other knob put forward the notion that Jason Saddington was a good thing to be coming to Hawthorn, and the mere thought of such an occurence was enough to have me crashing down.

Saddington??!! No thankyou linesmen, No thankyou ballboys!!!!

Oh purlease dear God, NO! #-o

lockyno1

Post Whore
Sddington isn't bad Cyber, he was one of the better defenders going around a few years ago. However he has had injuries.

CyberKev

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Sddington isn't bad Cyber, he was one of the better defenders going around a few years ago. However he has had injuries.

The problem is that these injuries have been bad ones.

More to the point, we don't need peripheral defenders, we need good outside midfielders and strong forward targets.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Some bone romancer on BF posited the possibility of a Welsh (Ess) direct trade for Tivendale (Rich) and I had a ripper laugh to set myself up for the afternoon.

This person was just regurgitating the HUN where it was actually was printed today.

Would this be a good trade for Richmond???

I don't watch a lot of Essendon ...

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
This person was just regurgitating the HUN where it was actually was printed today.

Yeah, I know, but Blaisee is a part-time joker/full-time stroker anyway, so the bone romancer comment still stands-up in court :p

meltiger said:
Would this be a good trade for Richmond???

I don't watch a lot of Essendon ...

Would the Tigers come out ahead?

Absolutely.

Which is not to suggest Welsh is a superstar or anything.

CyberKev

Staff member
Well, I think I've found a deal that I'm willing to do for Everitt.

Providing the medicos put beau McDonald through a stringent series of tests and he passes, and subsequent to Brisbane agreeing to take Jason Saddington, I would send Everitt to Sydney in return for McDonald + Pick 19.

Freo are pushing hard for Hay, but at the moment I'm leaning more towards sending him to the Kangaroos for Shannon Watt + Pick 13.

If we could get both of these deals over the line, I would be well satisfied.

CyberKev

Staff member
Scratch the Everitt deal, given that Hawthorn has ruled him off limits.

Suffice to say, Hay will definitely be going somewhere, most likely Freo, but I wouldn't rule out the Kangaroos yet.

Hawthorn needs to swoop toot-sweet on the 2nd round pick that Freo are understood to have offered for Steven Greene.

On Carlton, one wonders how they'll be seriously competitive in 2006 if they offload Fevola, Whitnall and Camporeale. Fevola is being firmly linked to Richmond, but I have no idea who would want Camporeale given his age and likely price tag.

The Kangaroos are keen to get Motlop to Brisbane, but he is holding out for Port.

The laughter still hasn't subsided regarding Essendon's offer of Mark Bolton and Ted Richards for Richmond's pick 8.

The plot positively congeals.

CyberKev

Staff member
At last, an official trade has been made!!!!Fergus Watts (formerly of Adelaide) has made the move to St Kilda in exchange for Pick 17 in the upcoming draft.

Rustay

Juniors
I wonder if any clubs want Brent Staker (WCE), id trade him for a packet of chips. Actually with a six pack you can have Quentin Lynch with him...

CyberKev

Staff member
GoTheBears said:
Apparently Everitt walked out on Hawthorn according to channel 7.

Assuming he did, it won't do him any good unless Sydney comes up with an acceptable deal for him.

Smartman

Juniors
CyberKev said:
Assuming he did, it won't do him any good unless Sydney comes up with an acceptable deal for him.

Im a huge supporter of the hawks, what about Pick 19 and O Keefe. He would provide good service long time after Everrit retires.

On the other trade Hawks are trying to find out if the Kangaroos can trade Motlop to the lions but he wants to go to Port Adelaide.
If they decide to deal Motlop to the lions we will get picks 9 and 13 for Hay.
Would love to see that happening so we have a chance at picking someone like Varcoe or Jones with pick 9.

CyberKev

Staff member
Smartman said:
Im a huge supporter of the hawks, what about Pick 19 and O Keefe. He would provide good service long time after Everrit retires.

On the other trade Hawks are trying to find out if the Kangaroos can trade Motlop to the lions but he wants to go to Port Adelaide.
If they decide to deal Motlop to the lions we will get picks 9 and 13 for Hay.
Would love to see that happening so we have a chance at picking someone like Varcoe or Jones with pick 9.

G'Day Smartman.

I'd certainly be happy to get pick 19 + O'Keefe to the club, but that would still leave us short in the ruck department, so they may have to on trade Chapman to get the deal up.

I was willing to accept pick 13 + Shannon Watt for Hay, and while the Roos seem keen on Stacks, I'd be surprised if they'd give up picks 9 & 13, although I'd be rapt if we could get that.

There's still a lot of heat surrounding the 4 club deal, which would bring us picks 13, 14 & 29 in exchange for Hay and pick 22.

This would be fine, particularly if Freo still offered pick 26 for Steven Greene.

The drawback is that if we're not careful, we'll end up with more picks than players we care to get rid of.

As such, I believe Hawthorn would definitely stand firm on Everitt if the Hay deal mentioned above went through.

Latest posts