What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Odds

Noa

First Grade
Big call about a team that beat all of the Top 6 teams this year.

Newcastle is a good bet for Top 4.

Your going around with the same team as this year basically and still havent solved your halves issue.

Meanwhile Souths and Wests have/will improved greatly and will knock you out of the 8.

MSIH

Bench
They've also lost a handy coach and his replacement is unproven.

Can't see Newcastle making the 8 either.

LL3

Juniors
The Storm should be better. Lot of youngsters blooded this year who'll be better next year, plus we;ll have sika manu back who is one of our best forwards and also anthony quinn. We do lose Turner though and Chambers (who isn't a big loss).

A lot of our players are 24/25 and they should get better each year for the next few years also.

chase stanley sh*ts all over chambers, his gonna be great if he gets his head right

caylo

Bench
My Predictions
Melbourne and Manly to miss the 8
Tigers, Eels, Broncos and Titans make up top 4
Panthers, Knights, Dogs and Souths to make up 5-8
Cowboys (again) and Canberra to just miss the 8
Sharks wooden spooners (Rosters to just beat them on +/-)

Moffo

Referee
the tigers are buying some high risk players. cant believe people are splooging over their odds

i think the cowboys will have a big 2010

the tigers are buying some high risk players. cant believe people are splooging over their odds

i think the cowboys will have a big 2010

I am a lot more confident about 2010 now. Feel sorry for the Cowboys, 2009 has only just finished and they've already had the kiss of death. Best of luck in 2011.

Johns Magic

Referee
I wouldn't touch the Knights. A premiership in 2010 is beyond my wildest dreams.

EDIT: In saying that, I don't expect them to run last as these odds seem to imply.

_Johnsy

Referee
I really can't see the cows improving that much. They have the following players off contract - Matthew Bartlett, David Faiumu, Sam Faust, Shannon Hegarty, Jackson Nicolau, Anthony Perkins, Grant Rovelli, Shane Tronc, Ben Vaeau, Dayne Western, Ty Williams.

From memory the only player they have signed is Shannon Gallant. The forwards let them down in a big way this year, that is where they need to improve, and thus far they have not.

10-12th.

Shorty

Staff member
I really can't see the cows improving that much. They have the following players off contract - Matthew Bartlett, David Faiumu, Sam Faust, Shannon Hegarty, Jackson Nicolau, Anthony Perkins, Grant Rovelli, Shane Tronc, Ben Vaeau, Dayne Western, Ty Williams.

From memory the only player they have signed is Shannon Gallant. The forwards let them down in a big way this year, that is where they need to improve, and thus far they have not.

10-12th.
Quite a few of those have left ages ago, David Faiumu left halfway through last year as did Jackson, so it's nice to see you've got your stats right:lol:

We will miss Tronc a lot but there should be some improvements next year at least with consistency.
I wouldn't look at us for anything atm though because it's just too hard to tell if we'll do well.

Would put money on the Titans, who, despite making the finals, still appear to be long odds.
Parramatta are deservedly so as the experience will harden the team, don't really understand Manly at all and I don't think they'll feature in the top 8 at all.

MSIH

Bench
Quite a few of those have left ages ago, David Faiumu left halfway through last year as did Jackson, so it's nice to see you've got your stats right:lol:

We will miss Tronc a lot but there should be some improvements next year at least with consistency.
I wouldn't look at us for anything atm though because it's just too hard to tell if we'll do well.

Would put money on the Titans, who, despite making the finals, still appear to be long odds.
Parramatta are deservedly so as the experience will harden the team, don't really understand Manly at all and I don't think they'll feature in the top 8 at all.

Did you understand Manly in 2008?

_Johnsy

Referee
Quite a few of those have left ages ago, David Faiumu left halfway through last year as did Jackson, so it's nice to see you've got your stats right:lol:.

Got the list from daryl's league page, 2010 player movements, not my list so I cant do much about the accuracy. Cut and paste job.

I don't rate the cowboys chances at all in 2010. IMO If the make the 8, they'll have over achieved.

Last edited:
Ifs and maybes, Tim Smith would sh*t on Cronk if he got his head straight.... well what are the odds?
Tim SMith = Extremely underated, one of the best halfbacks in the game IMO, best kicking game i have ever seen and his ability to read the play is second to none, whoever ends up with this kid will not be dissapointed, the kid CAN play!

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Tim SMith = Extremely underated, one of the best halfbacks in the game IMO, best kicking game i have ever seen and his ability to read the play is second to none, whoever ends up with this kid will not be dissapointed, the kid CAN play!
I can't believe Souths aren't after him. Sandow is the worst halfback in the comp. You couldn't win a cake raffle with him in the pivots.

I can't believe Souths aren't after him. Sandow is the worst halfback in the comp. You couldn't win a cake raffle with him in the pivots.
spot on, he had so much hype on him after his infamous chip chase try, after that try eh was suddenly 'one of the best halfbacks' in the game haha, i never rated the kid, and i would have tim smith back at parra anyday!

Latest posts