What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup - Australia 1 Ghana 1 - Group D

Bumble

First Grade
I'm not trying to make excuses...you can't actually tell me with a straight face that a bloke with his arms not raised or extended, not looking at ball did that on purpose.

the rules say it's not handball if "the player did not deliberately touch the ball but the ball hit his arm & he did not move the arm toward the ball "

Are you saying he moved his arm? I would disagree.

langpark

First Grade
not looking at the ball!? Not looking at the ball!?

What was he looking at then? the reserves warming up on the sideline!?

The tackle from the Ghana player should have been a red card...Kewell was unlucky but it stopped a goal and that is an automatic send off.

Bumble

First Grade
As I already said his eyes were closed. Also, I'll ask again:

Do you ACTUALLY think he extended his arm to meet the ball? It's very clear that he didn't.

langpark

First Grade
As I already said his eyes were closed. Also, I'll ask again:

Do you ACTUALLY think he extended his arm to meet the ball? It's very clear that he didn't.
watch the replay, he was moving his arm backwards, neither to meet it nor to avoid it.

And i can't believe you won't let this 'eyes closed' argument go. He closes his eyes on impact, how does this make him any less guilty!?

Bumble

First Grade
It has been the worst sporting weekend in history for me personally:

Boston lose game 7, England draw, Australia debarcle, Souths lose, my team got held to 0-0 today and the team I coach got dudded against the undefeated team coming 1st when the kid was about five metres offside (even the parents on the other team were admitting it wasn't a goal)

Kill me..

f**k, almost. We're facing an uphill battle now, I don't think we can beat Serbia unless we defend our guts out and score one from a free kick or some good counter attacking.

About the penalty, I think was definitely a penalty but not a send off. I'd have given it a yellow, but oh well. I think the rules dictate that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the ref has no choice but to issue a red card

hand ball in the box is an automatic red and unless the arms are touching his sides he has to get a hand ball

harsh I know, but them's the rules, I dont have a problem with the decision

if it wasn't in the box its a different scenario

Shorty

Staff member
Because the ball wasn't going in..
What did you think of the tackle from behind by the Gharna player, did you think that was a redcard?

I think it's a bit passionate to say the ref stuffed us, but there were really some questionable calls in that game.
If Ghana can beat Serbia, we sure as he'll can
Serbia's got a rock solid defence though.

caspersparks

Juniors
looked like he was getting in position to chest it away, but the ball came at him way to fast.. def wasn't deliberate... but hey, fifa rules are rules.:roll:

but that tackle from behind should have red, if the ref had any cred he would have sent him, id bet my bottom $$$ if grella made that tackle, he would have been sent.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Why the f*ck didn't Vidic get red carded then

Because it wasn't a "clear goalscoring opportunity," as per FIFA rules. The red card was a red card, it was the right call.

However that tackle on Bresciano should have been red carded also.

Much better performance, I think everyone should be proud. Every single player stood up tonight...except for Jason Culina.

This guy infuriates me. All he does is pass sideways and backwards, he's a f**king useless spastic oxygen thief.

Can someone please tell me what he does? Doesn't make any tackles, gives the ball away (unless he is passing backwards or sideways), does a step over once or twice, dances on the ball, cripples our attack, doesn't shoot, doesn't get himself into a position to do anything with the ball and most of all does not have a single positive influence on any game, ever.

He is an embarrassment of a footballer.

Last edited:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
^ Agreed.

Culina is a f*cking gimp. Even Moore had a better game than him, and to be fair, some of his challenges in the latter half of the game were brilliant. Even if he possesses a one dimensional passing game.

Formation/squad for Serbia?

Munky

Coach
Why the hell did PV take so long to put on a striker after Kewell got sent?

They were without their first choice centre backs and we have Holman FFS giving away the ball at every opportunity.

We dominated when Kennedy came on.