What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo & Sponsorship Thread II

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The West Tigers can have such an easy option to appease both sides of the merger.

Light Jersey: Traditional Balmain double-V with white inbetween the two black V's.
Dark Jersey: Tradition Wests double-V with gold between the two white V's.

Alternate: The 10 year anniversey jersey.
Didn't they do something like that a few years ago?

Lambretta

First Grade
f**k it's not hard Tigers - you have very simple colours to use

images

Something like that would be great
Gold with black and white V or white with black and gold V reverse and you're set

Sure make the V bigger or whatever, but the premise is very simple designs that incorporate three colours

Prometheus

Juniors
I know it's not this simple... but I wonder whether the Tigers could follow the Dragons model, i.e. stick with a Balmain strip for most games and switch to a Magpies strip for games at Campbelltown or for Heritage rounds.

St George chose to demand the red-V jersey and dragon logo as part of the original joint-venture negotiations (each party brought two non-negotiable demands). Illawarra chose to demand at least half of the home games in Wollongong and to have "Illawarra" in the name. Both parties went into it with their eyes open. It wouldn't work for Wests Tigers to try to retro-actively implement the same sort of agreement now. Particularly since you are suggesting they use the Balmain design despite the fact that Balmain are not pulling their weight financially. The Western Suburbs and Balmain halves of the Wests Tigers board have never achieved the level of unity and co-operation that the St George and Illawarra halves of the Dragons board enjoy and it would be particularly offensive to the Magpies directors to be asked to foot the bill for the Tigers while also having them play primarily in Balmain's old jersey design.

BunniesMan

Immortal
f**k it's not hard Tigers - you have very simple colours to use

images

Something like that would be great
Gold with black and white V or white with black and gold V reverse and you're set

Sure make the V bigger or whatever, but the premise is very simple designs that incorporate three colours
This is basically what they're going with. They're running a competition to vote for their next jersey and basically all the designs are variants of the gold and white V on black.

Much better than what they've had since the merge.

BunniesMan

Immortal
was a good jersey.

BUT i heard comments made by robbie farrah on this issue and to paraphrase what i remember he said that the team is WESTS tigers not balmain, or western suburbs. he said if you ask younger fans what team they support its wests tigers, not balmain or the magpies

if its going to be wests tigers then thats an individual entity to either the other two teams which have become merged. i used to believe they should wear the balmain strip one week and the wests the next week, but farrah has a point regarding the joint venture - its a different club. mind you the jerseys they design for the merged club are atrocious

those of us who remember the old days of wests conceding 800 points in a season or ellery hanley getting smashed by terry lamb might want to see the old jumpers but the younger people dont care
It's not an issue of wearing either old jumper for historical reasons or nostalgia, but wear them because they're TEN THOUSAND times better than what they have now.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
St George chose to demand the red-V jersey and dragon logo as part of the original joint-venture negotiations (each party brought two non-negotiable demands). Illawarra chose to demand at least half of the home games in Wollongong and to have "Illawarra" in the name. .

according to the father in law who went to a lot of the members meetings regarding this, the reason for the split like this was financial. the dragons put significantly more money into the merger than the steelers who's money was apparently a loan from the dragons anyway :lol:

IF the tigpies exploded, does either side happen to own the licence to an NRL team?

What are the brown sox for that the Sharkies are wearing tonight?

EDIT : Scotch that - sox for MEN OF LEAGUE.

Last edited:

gzerounian

Juniors
I visited the Canterbury shop and saw that they are selling a cotton version of the Australian jersey. The chevrons are lower but they are sewn on (not printed) I love it.. spaecially the patch badge and smaller sponsor. Obviously trying to appeal to the traditionalists. I wish clubs would bring our cotton jerseys for fans.

2duw939.jpg

Danish

Referee
They are inspired by the same thing that made Roger Federer start getting his own custom gold letter blazer and shoes for wimbledon...

... the smugness that comes with dominance.

Saint Doc

Coach
Look at the disgraceful job CCC have done with the cotton Aus jerseys. They only had youth in stock (rebel) so I don't know if this same for adults, but look at the cotton jersey, logos in the wrong spots, uneven, wrong size, inaccurate sponsorship and the coat of arms badge sewed ontop of the jersey as a patch with rough edges (ALL the jerseys were like this).

Then compare it to the polyester youth jersey in the right dimensions, even, fully embroided. Same price too.

FDC0241B-5795-4142-95DC-AFB87A353984-7614-000006E2FAF265E2.jpg

378A951A-D652-4DD3-90F4-7820FB86870E-7614-000006E330BE8C35.jpg

Compared to:

5AC7CBD2-D7D9-4A18-AE12-ECC4CE274B0B-7614-000006E34DA11375.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
I might be biased, but Man U just tweeted this. Thank god it was our jersey and not some of the abominations like Tigers, Broncos, titans etc that would have looked embarrassing to a worldwide audience

2160d10ba71be53949bcfe091ceb86e5.jpg

Fire

First Grade
Two scum jerseys next to each other.

:lol::lol::lol:

Cereal though, thanks for those two posts Saint Doc.

The top Aussie jersey looks good, and even though I don't know much about soccer, I imagine Man U would have a lot of Twitter followers, so it's good to see the Mighty Red V go worldwide.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
i don't like the st george jersey because it has a big red merkin on it and it reminds be of julia gillard, but then again, both of them are really useless.

Latest posts