What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Those 3 teams, Nugget10 mentioned have pretty much had the same design for a while which is good. Simple designs are easily recognisable.

If I was to guess going from left to right:

Wynnum Manly, Tweed Heads, Central Capras??, Sunshine Coast, PNG, Souths Logan, Easts, Nthn Pride, Burleigh, Redcliffe, Ipswich, Mackay.

hellteam

First Grade
Hunters home jersey is much better.

Most of the average jerseys in the comp are made by Emu, I'm not a fan at all. The Norths away looks ok (pic below the Hunters jersey)

safe_image.php

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

gzerounian

Juniors
Both of these are for sale at the same price ($160). I know which one I would rather have. Why can't they just replicate the shade of blue on the left for the on field jersey.

15dvtis.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
A lot of that's to do with lighting too tbh

Dyes show up differently on different substrates.

Whilst you are both undoubtedly right, surely there can't be any debate that CCC have changed NSW to a highlighter blue?

My Classic "Aussie HL" NSW jersey is a players cut jersey, and the sky blue is much more subdued than what I see in shops now

GAZF

First Grade
Whilst you are both undoubtedly right, surely there can't be any debate that CCC have changed NSW to a highlighter blue?

My Classic "Aussie HL" NSW jersey is a players cut jersey, and the sky blue is much more subdued than what I see in shops now

Its probably a combination of the three. The jersey materials seem to be getting shinier of late but the colour looks to have much more saturation as well.

gzerounian

Juniors
I remember when the Kangaroos jersey first changed from cotton to polyester a few years ago they found it very hard to match green in the shorts to the green in the jersey. It almost made the jersey look blue.

thorson1987

Coach
Wooo no major sponsor this week.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2014/03/05/_2014_storm_home_jersey_revealed.html

1393975387789.jpg

2014%20Home%20jersey.jpg

MSJR304PPL-2.jpg

Melbourne's 2014 home jersey has been revealed ahead of Storm's season opener against the Sea Eagles on Saturday 8 March.

The new high performance jersey has been produced by BLK with a number of subtle changes to the 2013 design. An extended purple stripe on the shoulder of the jersey is a new addition with the design featuring a new cut and fabrication for season 2014.

Storm has a fantastic roster of sponsors whose support to the club is invaluable. 2014 will see Suzuki again prominent on both sleeves and Programmed retain their position on the top back of jersey.

Tigerair will maintain their lower back of jersey position for the 2014 season after first partnering with the club in the final rounds of 2013. News on a major sponsor and the coveted front of jersey position is imminent, with an announcement expected in the next week.

TTL

Juniors
Maybe removing sponsors for heritage round might be a refreshing change. It will NEVER happen, but I like the look of the clean jersey (best n less cheaper option). Its one thing for me ti choose to be a billboard, but I don't like seeing it on kids.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Weird not seeing a major sponsor on a Storm jersey, (although they didnt have one in their first two years). Looks good though, but wont last long.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I wish every jersey was like the Storm one.

The AFL manages to not go bankrupt without a huge sticker in the middle of the front of the jersey. The NRL could and should live without it too.

The justifiction in the past was because we were making no money from tv. Well tv money doubled over night. When you count that PLUS the fact that getting rid of the front of jersey sponsor would make the rest of the sponsor slots more valuable PLUS the fact that more people would buy jerseys because they wouldn't be so ugly the actual value of that front of jersey slot is almost nothing.

Get rid of it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Storm simply don't have a sponsor yet... it won't remain blank for long.

Either way, SPONSORS ARE REALITY. GET OVER IT.

So sick of this argument every f**king week... we have sponsors. Yes it'd be nice if they integrated better, but THEY pay good money. End of.

Souths held off on a sponsor for a bit a few years ago.

Didn't do them any harm.

Storm will get one, and a good one probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.