What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Wk 1 Qual Final - Storm 16-10 Cowboys @ AAMI Park

Finals Wk 1: Storm v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JW

Coach
Would have preferred to play the Storm in Melbourne than NQ in NQ, whilst the home ground advantage is there for the Storm it's not quite the same atmosphere that we will be presented with next week when we travel north

I give us no chance really

Same, our strong points from last year just aren't there any more, particularly on line defence and completion rates.

I think NQ are good to make it to the end again, but Melbourne have well and truly got one hand on the trophy at the moment.

Shorty

Staff member
To me we just look tired and this is why it's difficult to go back to back.
You can see the players are finding it hard to maintain the rage.
I see this with the Broncos but they flash hunger in small patches.

thommo4pm

Coach
Same, our strong points from last year just aren't there any more, particularly on line defence and completion rates.

I think NQ are good to make it to the end again, but Melbourne have well and truly got one hand on the trophy at the moment.
They'll definitely be in the big dance.
Can't see Canberra or Penrith / Dogs beating them in Melbourne

Vic Mackey

Referee
As much as I would love to see the raiders or panthers upset the storm I can't see it happening. Storm obvious Premiership favorites IMO

STORM.99/07

Bench
The best part of this game besides Storm winning was the refs were very good tonight and hardly any mention of them unlike last nights debacle

TheVelourFog

First Grade
To me we just look tired and this is why it's difficult to go back to back.
You can see the players are finding it hard to maintain the rage.
I see this with the Broncos but they flash hunger in small patches.

despite all that, we still got within 6 of them

I don't think we are that far off

I think we will meet them again

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
You were within 6, but really they looked to have it in the bag the whole way. Just my opinion. I guess only 1 try and the whole thing goes golden... I just didn't feel the Cows could get there without forcing errors from the Storm. D wasn't in there face fast enough.

Shorty

Staff member
The best part of this game besides Storm winning was the refs were very good tonight and hardly any mention of them unlike last nights debacle
Yes exactly it can be done.
Notice milking was completely ignored.

Shorty

Staff member
You were within 6, but really they looked to have it in the bag the whole way. Just my opinion. I guess only 1 try and the whole thing goes golden... I just didn't feel the Cows could get there without forcing errors from the Storm. D wasn't in there face fast enough.
Typical Storm score first points and go to cruise control.
They're a class above everyone else.

That being said it was wet so we couldn't play our usual game as much.

TheVelourFog

First Grade

the point is it doesn't matter if one team looked comfortable the scoreboard is the only thing that matters
but yes the Storm defense didn't look troubled
I feel we should have used the inside ball more because the Storm slide so well