What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Wk 1 Qual Final - Storm 16-10 Cowboys @ AAMI Park

Finals Wk 1: Storm v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evenflow

Bench
Even if the Broncos beat Cows and Sharks (plausible).
They'll get thumped by the Storm in the GF.

Nah, apparently the Broncs have a 'fool proof plan' to beat the Storm.....

What a great game played out by two great sides tonight. While i hate the Broncos and really don't mind the Cows i hope the former wins next week. If we're lucky/good enough to make it to the big dance i'd rather face the Broncos than the Cows if either get through.

moffla

Bench
Incredibly happy with that performance. Shut JT down well I thought and defended quite well overall.

From here I can't see us missing the big dance, but anything can happen.

Well played Cows

axl rose

Bench
Any slackening of the rules the storm are all over it. They make no attempt to play the ball with their foot, play the ball sideways on occasion, and place the ball on ground before getting to their feet. To late for a crackdown now from the NRL but they are absolute shoe it for the comp under the current interpretations.

The_Shield

Juniors
Any slackening of the rules the storm are all over it. They make no attempt to play the ball with their foot, play the ball sideways on occasion, and place the ball on ground before getting to their feet. To late for a crackdown now from the NRL but they are absolute shoe it for the comp under the current interpretations.

Yeah it's only the storm doing that.

The_Shield

Juniors
If we're lucky/good enough to make it to the big dance i'd rather face the Broncos than the Cows if either get through.

I agree. Out of the three teams we could play in the grand final if we get there, the Broncos are the team I want. While I do think we could beat either the sharks or Cowboys again, they'll be a lot tougher then the Broncos. Unless they use that foolproof plan of course

blaza88z

Coach
The key to beating the storm is to play with a lead right from the get go, they play with so much structure that in order to beat them you have to force them to move away from that, getting in front and forcing them to push a few too many plays is the way to do that but when they're defensively at their best as they have been the past 2 weeks, they're near unbeatable

It's not foolproof at all, there is a percentage of it that relies on the Storm being just a cog below their best, I can't recall any Brisbane fan saying it was ever foolproof

moffla

Bench
Congratulations - you've just described every team in the comp

Billythekid

First Grade
Personally I think the raiders are probably the hardest match for us if they're full strength. Plus the dogs just have a knack for beating us. I think it's far from guaranteed that we make the GF.

Right now I think the storm are the best all around team and should be favourites but I don't feel at all confident of winning.

STORM.99/07

Bench
How sour do the grapes taste??

Evenflow

Bench
It's not foolproof at all, there is a percentage of it that relies on the Storm being just a cog below their best, I can't recall any Brisbane fan saying it was ever foolproof

This a few days after the Broncos beat the Storm. Yes, he may be a halfwit but he's still Broncs fan....

We exposed the foolproof way to beat Melbourne, so both they and Cronulla need to take lessons.

Shorty

Staff member
Personally I think the raiders are probably the hardest match for us if they're full strength. Plus the dogs just have a knack for beating us. I think it's far from guaranteed that we make the GF.

Right now I think the storm are the best all around team and should be favourites but I don't feel at all confident of winning.
Yep.
A lot of unpredictable attack and off loads.
But I expect Panthers to beat the Raiders, in terms of attack both teams are similar.

Latest posts