2017 Crowd Watch

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Timmah, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Valheru

Valheru Bench

Of the 2 crowds this week, the bigger concern looks to be Brisbane if it does only get 40-44k. They got 50k in week 2 in 2008 and 2009 against Storm and Dragons respectively. Does the fact it is against Penrith really make that big of a difference for their one and only home finals game?

2. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Actually this year was a rare occurrence we had 4 Sydney finals in 2 weeks, make it a $50 GA pass limited to 10,000 passes but sell it earlier on in the season. Encourages more neutrals to watch finals footy

3. Clifferd

Clifferd First Grade

Brisbane I think should get high 40s irrespective of the opponent. I really don't think manly is a bigger drawing opponent? Unless we're talking rivalvries? which manly/Brisbane isn't even big these days...maybe it's dce lol

That aside it's a sudden death semi

4. guyver78

guyver78 Juniors

Brisbane will hit around the 40K mark, it wont be a sellout.
    Parra against Nth Qld will be lucky to crack 25K.

I don't know what it is and you can make up a lot of different excuses but League just seems to lack something this year. It just appears that besides the die-hards, general neutral supporters have been turning away from the game this year.

5. T-Boon

T-Boon Bench

Could it be that the clubs all play the same old boring football? Completion, structure, wrestle, decoy, ruck speed. Boring. The game needs a shake up.

6. Perth Red

Perth Red Referee

Regular season is lowest since 2004
    Week 1 is lowest since 2008

Why will you be surprised if week 2 follows the same pattern?

7. King hit

King hit Juniors

They should've played the finals at the suburban grounds. Much easier access for the majority of people attending them.

8. Perth Red

Perth Red Referee

and got even less people. Genius! Its not hard to get tp ANZ or Allianz for a one off finals game. Pss poor excuse

9. King hit

King hit Juniors

I would rather have a full house at Penrith or Cronulla then play in front of a half empty crowd at Allianz. Looks much better on TV, at the ground and is much better for the players. Sydney is a massive city and getting to the grounds is a nightmare from experience. It took me about an hour and a half to get from Bondi Junction to the Grand Final last year. Very difficult for travelling fans from Penrith/Cronulla/Manly who the majority of fans who went to the games are. Penrith is right out in the sticks and Cronulla is about an hour south of the Harbor Bridge. Almost 2 to 3 hours travelling for 80 minutes of football.

10. Perth Red

Perth Red Referee

Watching a game at a ground , I won't use the term stadium, that looks like an amateur club would play in isn't a good look, no matter how many people are crammed in. Then throw in the chance of rain decimating the crowd and a self defeating prophecy of sub 20k attendances and you have all the reasons you need. Don't blame the evenue, it's the fans not turning up, it's not hard to reach allianz for a one off game.

11. Stallion

Stallion Juniors

Its the neutrals that arnt turning up. Id say things like game play decision delays(bunker) are having an impact.

12. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

Dumb agreement and i assume it has expired.

No excuses anymore beyond Syndey being insular and entitled...

13. SLRBRONCOS

SLRBRONCOS Bench

Both of our finals in 2015 sold out. 2011 we had back to back 48k.

The main problem is how it is a Friday again and we are paying more than Sydney per ticket. We have four mid tier bays at $25 a ticket, roughly 1000seats.

Penrith is so meh, we needed manly to win.

14. dogz08

dogz08 First Grade

surely a roosters v parra prelim is gotta be at anz to get maybe 60k

15. mongoose

mongoose Bench

I actually think one factor is fans sick of seeing the same old clubs on top. Melbourne, Roosters and Broncos again. Melbourne have practically looked unbeatable this season and after 10 years of dominance its getting boring. I know the Sharks won last year but they were the most hateble team ever for neutrals.
    Hopefully next year we see some surprises. Maybe the Eels can start an era, the panthers and raiders live up to their potential.

16. TheFrog

TheFrog First Grade

Actually Sydney is 8th largest city in the southern hemisphere, behind Sao Paulo, Buenes Aires, Rio de Janiero, Jakarta, Kinshasa, Lima and Santiago.

17. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

I can't believe people seriously think finals should be played at Brookvale and the like fmd

18. NK Arsenal

NK Arsenal Juniors

I really hope that that the new Parra stadium will qualify for week one and two finals as a home ground for the Eels, Tigers and Panthers

It would make 25-30k crowds like the ones the Eels will get this week look fantastic and it would also ensure ANZ doesn't get used until at the earliest week three

19. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

Crowds are disappointing for finals
    I know, lets play them at shittier parks!

Rugby League Fans - if at first you don't succeed, lower your standards until you do

20. Valheru

Valheru Bench

Confirmed for SFS regardless of opponent according to nrl.com