What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
A single uniform sponsor for (most) teams?

Minimal sponsor intrusion?

Acid wash jeans?

Who's ever heard of such madness?

113770-the-old-western-reds.jpg
ET looks cheery

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Is there any major sports in the world that implement this? Or would top ball be the first?

All NZ teams in Super Rugby were sponsored by FORD for a period ..

I guess they split the cash.. 5 ways

Its not the craziest idea ever... I'd say the 16 clubs only bring in about $12M bucks combined from the front of jersey sponsor.. seems cheap to me

Golden State Warriors just got $20 M a year for a 2.5 inch logo on their jersey..

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/12/16296094/warriors-rakuten-jersey-advertisement-decal-nba-nike

Pommy

Coach
All NZ teams in Super Rugby were sponsored by FORD for a period ..

I guess they split the cash.. 5 ways

Its not the craziest idea ever... I'd say the 16 clubs only bring in about $12M bucks combined from the front of jersey sponsor.. seems cheap to me

Golden State Warriors just got $20 M a year for a 2.5 inch logo on their jersey..

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/12/16296094/warriors-rakuten-jersey-advertisement-decal-nba-nike

Fair enough at least it’s a relevant example (super rugby that is)

DHL paid Man U £40m to advertise on their training gear, but it’s not really comparable to NRL.

Saint Doc

Coach
A8586918-D1C2-4CFF-AB09-4A80F2DBFE6C.jpg

Good to see Kangaroos gear at Melbourne airport. It’s all mixed up with wallabies gear so they clearly have NFI, but I was happy wandering through the terminal when I spotted the chevrons.

I almost thought to buy something as a form of positive reinforcement. But at $229 for the jersey, $189 for the training jersey and $119 for the polo, I decided against it!!

Pommy

Coach
Big Bash are all KFC right?

Think that’s just a sleeve sponsor. A league has something similar with Hyundai

A8586918-D1C2-4CFF-AB09-4A80F2DBFE6C.jpg

Good to see Kangaroos gear at Melbourne airport. It’s all mixed up with wallabies gear so they clearly have NFI, but I was happy wandering through the terminal when I spotted the chevrons.

I almost thought to buy something as a form of positive reinforcement. But at $229 for the jersey, $189 for the training jersey and $119 for the polo, I decided against it!!

The training shirt looks good, although those prices are insane.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Has the NRL ever looked at taking over the jersey sponsorships?

Have one big organisation (e.g. Red Bull) as the jersey sponsor across all teams. Make it a discrete logo and divide the cash up either evenly or in some other fairer way. Jersey sponsorships are hideous in my opinion.

Maybe clubs could still have their own sleeve sponsor.

No necesary (and totally impractical) to have a single comp-wide chest sponsor just to make the jumpers look good....

The ARLC is better off just keeping a veto right over all on-field gear (or even centralising and taking full control over production. It seems like the obvious industry for a sport comp to get into is sports gear)

Central production (under an NRL branding) would give us enough oversight to avoid any terrible jumpers/sponsor integrations. And it would be a big, new revenue stream for the game.

T-Boon

Coach
Central production (under an NRL branding) would give us enough oversight to avoid any terrible jumpers/sponsor integrations. And it would be a big, new revenue stream for the game.

In terms of club apparel I am surprised that the NRL and clubs have not gotten more into active wear. I specifically mean those Lorna Jane tight (extremely tight) full length pants that women wear everywhere and look ferking awesome in. Most women where I live must own 7 pairs of Lorna Jane pants...and I appreciate it.
Get team emblems on performance pants. They would sell a lot better than footy shorts or socks. I would buy my woman several pairs.

King Ben

Juniors
Quite amazing to see the outrage from NBA fans now that teams are allowed to place a small sponsor on their jersey. This despite the rule that sponsored NBA jerseys can't be sold outside the team's arena.

They would LOVE Best and Less if they were NRL fans.

beagle

Juniors
In terms of club apparel I am surprised that the NRL and clubs have not gotten more into active wear. I specifically mean those Lorna Jane tight (extremely tight) full length pants that women wear everywhere and look ferking awesome in. Most women where I live must own 7 pairs of Lorna Jane pants...and I appreciate it.
Get team emblems on performance pants. They would sell a lot better than footy shorts or socks. I would buy my woman several pairs.

Something like this?

https://www.stormers.com.au/search?type=product&q=active+wear

axl rose

Bench
Quite amazing to see the outrage from NBA fans now that teams are allowed to place a small sponsor on their jersey.

Because they know where it all leads. In 5 years there will not just be one tiny sponsor on the jersey when there can be 3 or 4 or a billboard across the front worth $200 million a year. Then they will have the same amount of integrity as NRL jerseys (none). American sports have done well to hold out as long as they did but it was always inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts