What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was merely looking at all the Wests Tigers branding on your avatar & signature and the fact your name is Tigers1986 *shrug*

Timmah

Staff member
Definitely need to start writing letters, this is an outrage and it's ruined my entire year.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I was merely looking at all the Wests Tigers branding on your avatar & signature and the fact your name is Tigers1986 *shrug*

If you weren't oblivious to history you'd know the Western Suburbs connection

Any other news on Jersey Flegg sides for next season?

Dragons are in as St George Illawarra. Depends on how the clubs and their affiliates brand the teams.

--------------------------------

Concord-Burwood-Glebe have announced that they'll be the feeder club to Newtown's ISP side.

Timmah

Staff member
If you weren't oblivious to history you'd know the Western Suburbs connection
I'm aware of it, I just don't understand why when you have three images to play with that you wouldn't use at least one of them to show direct support for your 'mighty maggies'

rightleftin

Juniors
Ryan Wheeler will coach Asquith SS in 2018. Weisner has added a few Blacktown players to the Asquith roster - Kelepi Manu and Amanaki Manu, who played the full season with Workers and Kurt Horton who left Workers mid season, played 1 game for St Marys and then disappeared.

kbw

Bench
Ryan Wheeler will coach Asquith SS in 2018. Weisner has added a few Blacktown players to the Asquith roster - Kelepi Manu and Amanaki Manu, who played the full season with Workers and Kurt Horton who left Workers mid season, played 1 game for St Marys and then disappeared.

So Asquith are running both SS and RM ?
Thats good news.
Be interesting to see if players return from 2016 and who stays from 2017

runrabbitrun

Juniors
So Asquith are running both SS and RM ?
Thats good news.
Be interesting to see if players return from 2016 and who stays from 2017

Most of their 2017 squad had indicated they weren't interested in coming back due to financials. If they paid overs for them last year, they wont wanna stick around on lower payments for SS again 2018.
My guess is they appointed Wheeler hoping he can get some of them to change their mind. That's always a risk, if it turns out he's not a good coach or cant convince them to do so.
What happens to the pathway for 20s with Norths if they can't get enough players for a SS side?
Sounds all a little messy. I suspect Weisner will be called upon to save their arses.
Club sounds like a basket case to some degree. They should have had their coaching staff, in full, sorted long ago and actively recruiting much earlier.

kbw

Bench
I know a few left after 2016, some to europe/UK and some to other RM teams as they didn't want to play SS. I think one or 2 were thinking of heading overseas after this year too.
They did struggle to keep a SS team going when they had both and had a real local feel to their RM side in 2016 and before. I would hope they can keep that feel, just to keep their often over vocal fans happy :)

runrabbitrun

Juniors
I know a few left after 2016, some to europe/UK and some to other RM teams as they didn't want to play SS. I think one or 2 were thinking of heading overseas after this year too.
They did struggle to keep a SS team going when they had both and had a real local feel to their RM side in 2016 and before. I would hope they can keep that feel, just to keep their often over vocal fans happy :)

If you're going to be a feeder/pathway club, get your act together and make your club/brand one that players want to come to. Too many clubs fail to understand this, and just expect it to happen. Nothing wrong with local feel, but make sure the mix is right!

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
Re: Asquith. I dont know the ins and outs of RM/SS but you'd think being the exclusive feeder to an ISP team (plus now with the u20s being re-aligned) rather than it being split among 2-3 teams should strengthen them?

runrabbitrun

Juniors
Re: Asquith. I dont know the ins and outs of RM/SS but you'd think being the exclusive feeder to an ISP team (plus now with the u20s being re-aligned) rather than it being split among 2-3 teams should strengthen them?

One would think so. More the reason to wonder why they're in such a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.