What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Regular Season

shiznit

Coach
Not a fan of McDaniel but he wasn't given enough time
I thought that earlier…. I’m a big believer that whether you agree with the hire or not… you gotta give them enough time usually atleast 2-3 full seasons to let their systems come to fruition…

but after the Bears game I was done with him… then the Lions game came and well I was filling his casket up with C4 and blowing his shit up!

we had to make a change… he just can’t lead men… he’s incapable of it. He needs to have someone like Bill over the top of him to force the players to follow him.

he was beyond terrible… it’s actually staggering how bad he was.

nick87

Coach
McDaniels wasnt a first time HC
Given the Denver stint and what he put down in LV... and how the players responded to his firing... i think its fair to say he was not the man for this job or any HC job
Absolute fraud. Built a career on the back of Brady.

The story about him telling Peirce not to talk about the Patriots like that when he was standing up trying to get buy in for McDaniels is honestly the most petulant shit ive read and shows McDaniels isnt fit for the job. Bum.

LV getting in a bit of a tank job and getting a young QB and a young play caller like Ben Johnson from Detroit would be a good move. Embrace a rebuild

Valheru

Coach
Regular season half done now. How do we see things shaping up for the playoffs?

The AFC side looks absolute fire and whoever survives that to reach the Superbowl will have earned it. It's hard to go past mahomes until he gives us a reason to but I predict he will have to do it on the road with the ravens getting the one seed

Ravens
Chiefs
Jags
Miami

Bengals
Bills
Steelers

Wouldn't surprise me to see chargers or browns to sneak in there.

NFC looks less competitive overall at this stage. Eagles should do enough to get the one seed from here although lions have a very soft scheduled 9ers/Seahawks I think will be close for the division the whole way

Eagles
Lions
9ers
Falcons

Seattle
Cowboys
Vikings

Pippen94

First Grade
Regular season half done now. How do we see things shaping up for the playoffs?

The AFC side looks absolute fire and whoever survives that to reach the Superbowl will have earned it. It's hard to go past mahomes until he gives us a reason to but I predict he will have to do it on the road with the ravens getting the one seed

Ravens
Chiefs
Jags
Miami

Bengals
Bills
Steelers

Wouldn't surprise me to see chargers or browns to sneak in there.

NFC looks less competitive overall at this stage. Eagles should do enough to get the one seed from here although lions have a very soft scheduled 9ers/Seahawks I think will be close for the division the whole way

Eagles
Lions
9ers
Falcons

Seattle
Cowboys
Vikings

Miami aren't a top team.

Interesting looking at ur list AFC qb's higher tier than NFC

Pippen94

First Grade
I thought that earlier…. I’m a big believer that whether you agree with the hire or not… you gotta give them enough time usually atleast 2-3 full seasons to let their systems come to fruition…

but after the Bears game I was done with him… then the Lions game came and well I was filling his casket up with C4 and blowing his shit up!

we had to make a change… he just can’t lead men… he’s incapable of it. He needs to have someone like Bill over the top of him to force the players to follow him.

he was beyond terrible… it’s actually staggering how bad he was.

Players hating him probably meant they weren't his choices (or he was just a douche, lol). Still think its hard luck to be fired before u build own squad.

Valheru

Coach
Miami aren't a top team.

Interesting looking at ur list AFC qb's higher tier than NFC
Sorry those lists are what I predict to be the finishing order at end of regular season, not how I personally rate them. I have Miami finishing 4th seed as AFC East winner. The gap is to delineate between div winners and wild cards.

shiznit

Coach
Players hating him probably meant they weren't his choices (or he was just a douche, lol). Still think its hard luck to be fired before u build own squad.
When he spent a 1st and a 2nd rounder on one of them I reckon he was just a douche… lol

Munky

Coach
McDaniels is the Anthony Seibold of the NFL.

Success as an assistant yet absolutely f**king clueless as a leader.

Sub 40% win record in over fifty games is pretty poor.

Munky

Coach
Panthers have fired Reich.

Seems Tepper has no idea how to run a pro sports organisation.

kurt faulk

Coach

Rams in the driver's seat for a playoff birth. Who would have seen that coming after the purge in the offseason and Kupp getting injured at training camp?

Morris has done a great job with the defense. It also helps having a great draft the last two seasons.

2022 - kyren Williams, quinten Lake, decobie Durant, Ross Yeast.

2023 - Steve avila, puka nacua, Byron young, kobi Turner, Davis Allen, to name a few.

Beat the giants next week and they're virtually guaranteed a spot. Although the nfl is very unpredictable. Anything can happen.

Pippen94

First Grade

Rams in the driver's seat for a playoff birth. Who would have seen that coming after the purge in the offseason and Kupp getting injured at training camp?

Morris has done a great job with the defense. It also helps having a great draft the last two seasons.

2022 - kyren Williams, quinten Lake, decobie Durant, Ross Yeast.

2023 - Steve avila, puka nacua, Byron young, kobi Turner, Davis Allen, to name a few.

Beat the giants next week and they're virtually guaranteed a spot. Although the nfl is very unpredictable. Anything can happen.

Yep, rams are surging. Kupp doesn't look 100% yet either.

Pippen94

First Grade
Lamar wins MVP showdown with Purdy. McCaffrey didn't play bad tho. If 9ers secure top seed without Purdy for at least one game, that'll help cmc's case (tho don't see non qb winning).

Valheru

Coach

Lamar now clear favorite. Purdy drops from 1 to 5.
The whole MVP thing is bemusing to me, way too much recency bias in an award that is allegedly about performance over the whole season.

Hurts $30... Really?

He has the same record as tua and purdy and a better record than Allen and prescott. Apparently he is disqualified due to the games against 9ers and cowboys in which he wasn't even bad, the defence was just terrible. Our other 2 losses against jets and Seahawks he was much worse so I can cop him being punished for those. He has victories against 4 of those QBs on that list including a dominant team performance against Tua and 2nd half comebacks against mahomes, Prescott and allen.

Pippen94

First Grade
The whole MVP thing is bemusing to me, way too much recency bias in an award that is allegedly about performance over the whole season.

Hurts $30... Really?

He has the same record as tua and purdy and a better record than Allen and prescott. Apparently he is disqualified due to the games against 9ers and cowboys in which he wasn't even bad, the defence was just terrible. Our other 2 losses against jets and Seahawks he was much worse so I can cop him being punished for those. He has victories against 4 of those QBs on that list including a dominant team performance against Tua and 2nd half comebacks against mahomes, Prescott and allen.

I have hurts nowhere MVP. If it has to be a QB there are qb's with better numbers or more important to their team.

Valheru

Coach
I have hurts nowhere MVP. If it has to be a QB there are qb's with better numbers or more important to their team.
I'm not saying he should get it or be favourite.

The point I'm making is he is being punished based off 2 recent performances. Purdy has been every bit as bad in their 3 losses and Tua was awful against the Eagles.

Latest posts