What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Team

Yosh

Coach
So we training with Gagai at the back? Hope we sign Miller soon then because Ponga at six and Hastings are also going to be clunky at best.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Block in a bar have a pretty accurate preview of our squad up on their latest podcast

fairly on point

main points:
Who plays fullback if we miss out on Miller? (They have Gagai or Mann)
Will kp go good at 6 with the extra defensive workload
1-13 team fairly decent on paper…..14-17 pretty average

Jono078

Referee
It's pissing me off how Ponga's kicking game is being overlooked by many as he transitions 5/8th. That' the biggest concern is what it means for our team's kicking game.

By all means Gamble isn't the best kicker but it's a bit more natural to him.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
It's pissing me off how Ponga's kicking game is being overlooked by many as he transitions 5/8th. That' the biggest concern is what it means for our team's kicking game.

By all means Gamble isn't the best kicker but it's a bit more natural to him.
It's annoying that we moved a rep quality fullback to 6 mainly because we're out of ideas. It's a terrible one, he'll be back in the 1 before origin.

slotmachine

First Grade
I'm with Sam. I don't think the coach or KP are really committed to it but a Hastings + Mann/Gamble/Crossland halves combo guarantees a bottom 4 finish and AOB without a job, so here we are.

mozza91

Coach
Block in a bar have a pretty accurate preview of our squad up on their latest podcast

fairly on point

main points:
Who plays fullback if we miss out on Miller? (They have Gagai or Mann)
Will kp go good at 6 with the extra defensive workload
1-13 team fairly decent on paper…..14-17 pretty average
Haven’t listened to all of part 2 yet but I don’t rate their analysis much. The bloke who calls himself the Rugby League guru either points out the obvious or is just flat out wrong.
Not saying their thoughts on our squad aren’t right but they don’t seem like particularly good judges.

Yosh

Coach
Haven’t listened to all of part 2 yet but I don’t rate their analysis much. The bloke who calls himself the Rugby League guru either points out the obvious or is just flat out wrong.
Not saying their thoughts on our squad aren’t right but they don’t seem like particularly good judges.
Guru's great. Of course no one is 100% right all the time but he makes some great content.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
If you want a podcast with a couple of hosts who really know their stuff then listen to the Fifth & Last podcast. These guys have been in the game as coaches for a long time and have some of the best footy chat I’ve heard. Definitely worth checking it out.

Knight Tales

Juniors
If Will Pryce has openly said he wants to be a 5/8 then it probably lends weight to the idea this could be a one season only move for Kalyn. Unless he and Jacko tear it up and we defy expectations.

I'm with Sam. I don't think the coach or KP are really committed to it but a Hastings + Mann/Gamble/Crossland halves combo guarantees a bottom 4 finish and AOB without a job, so here we are.
Is it really any worse than a Hastings+Ponga halves combo with Gagai/Mann at fullback?

Yucky

Maybe he normally is but just listening to his input over the 2 preview podcasts and he has plenty of shit takes.

Haven’t heard any of his other stuff though.
Shit takes? Example?

I generally find his input, especially on young up and comers, to be pretty spot on most of the time

mozza91

Coach
Shit takes? Example?

I generally find his input, especially on young up and comers, to be pretty spot on most of the time
He referred to Tedesco as the most selfless footballer in the game. Teddy is a great player but is ball hog who can over play his hand.
He also talked up Gagai as a centre and knew nothing about Bailey Hodgson. Didn’t sound much like a Rugby League guru to me.

He might normally be great but none of the 3 on it seemed to have alot expertise imo.