What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Team

PhilGould

Bench
The few times I've clicked on one of his videos he seems to bring the most basic, surface level analysis and then makes a face like he's just said something brilliant, so I haven't ever stuck around long enough to form a real opinion on him.

Yosh

Coach
I'm gonna give the fifthnlast podcast lads a go. Do they talk a lot about the a Knights?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm gonna give the fifthnlast podcast lads a go. Do they talk a lot about the a Knights?
They’re pretty even handed and tend to cover all the teams and focus on various talking points each week. They probably won’t release any new content until close to the start of the new season though so you’d need to listen to their WC coverage or listen to some episodes from the 2022 season to get a good idea of what their show is like.

He referred to Tedesco as the most selfless footballer in the game. Teddy is a great player but is ball hog who can over play his hand.
He also talked up Gagai as a centre and knew nothing about Bailey Hodgson. Didn’t sound much like a Rugby League guru to me.

He might normally be great but none of the 3 on it seemed to have alot expertise imo.
Pretty sure that was Kempy who was taking up Gagai in the centres. Bailey's been injured for 2 seasons and came from England, there aren't many outside of this fanbase and the ESL that even know he exists and for good reason tbh

Cant recall his Teddy comment so I'll have to take your word on that

Still think you're being a bit harsh but ok

mozza91

Coach
Rugby League podcasts out in force these days. Too much ego involved though.
The only one I regularly listen to is Rugby League Digest. They’re doing an in-depth look at the Super League and it’s fantastic. Might give some of the other ones a try.

Knight Tales

Bench
The only one I regularly listen to is Rugby League Digest. They’re doing an in-depth look at the Super League and it’s fantastic. Might give some of the other ones a try.
will check it out. I am not going to lie. I prefer SL commentary and coverage cos it is a little naive in parts, but they have different vibe. It is purely about the game and their enthusiasm for it. Over here it is just a bunch of people trying to outdo each other.

mozza91

Coach
will check it out. I am not going to lie. I prefer SL commentary and coverage cos it is a little naive in parts, but they have different vibe. It is purely about the game and their enthusiasm for it. Over here it is just a bunch of people trying to outdo each other.
Didn’t word it properly sorry. They’re doing a historical piece on the Super League War from 95-97.

Old School

Juniors
No mate, not on your own. Don`t need to spend more time listening to would be if they could be`s raving on like they invented the wheel. That`s also why I don`t turn on TV matches of any sport until start time, there are far more enjoyable things to do with your spare time!

Knight Tales

Bench
Didn’t word it properly sorry. They’re doing a historical piece on the Super League War from 95-97.
Oh that is even better. I still watch the old Ribot Vs ARL powerbrokers debates on channel 9 on occasion. Historically it is where the game moved into the 21st century, but the tv power games are now here to stay.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
I live overseas so no one to really talk to about League. It's just good to listen to a couple of blokes talk footy.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Agree with the ego call. Found guru tough to listen to - not a whole lot of info being given out beyond surface level stuff anyone with Twitter can see.

Re the recruitment it's very confusing the spot they've put themselves into.
Moving Ponga to 6 and trying to buy a 1 with Pryce on the way..
Either the new recruit gets shafted by Pryce or we give up on an incredibly disruptive move with KP after one year and move him back so Pryce can slot in at 6. In the latter scenario, we've taken Ponga out of position for a year.
I think Gamble at 6 (which isn't a great option) is better than if we're forced to watch Gagai or Mann at fullback. At least it's his natural position and it's still a huge upgrade on the garbage that was Clune.

Old dog

Bench
I prefer Ponga at 1 with Gamble at 6 rather than moving Ponga then probably switching things to suit Pryce arriving although he may take a while to adjust like Young did, rather not see Mann or Gagai at 1 unless due to injury.
Don’t think Clune is rubbish, he did have a injury but played on, not quite 1st grade but good backup for Hastings although I do shudder at the thought of Gamble 6 and Clune 7

Jono078

Referee
It’s so hard to know what’s going on behind the scenes. Maybe AOB is trying to salvage himself so moving Ponga gives him some further excuses.

Pryce is coming to play 5/8th. We should probably commit to Ponga being the best fullback he can be. Besides his kicking game I do think he suits 6 more now, but our roster does seem a bit messy with no clear vision.