What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
Canberra as long as the home team is reversed each year. Gives Canberra an event match every second year. Otherwise no point in playing them every year in mel- hiding to nothing

jim_57

Staff member
With the Warriors having a home Anzac game, which team should be playing against the Storm?

Should it be Souths? Maybe Manly? Or who else?

One of the Sydney clubs that has an event game of their own over Easter works. If not South maybe Parra.

Sydney has an Anzac game so keep a game in Melbourne & Auckland each year, then I’d add an Anzac eve game in Canberra.

jim_57

Staff member
Plenty of people on the western side of the Northern hill at Mt Smart. Begs the question, if they’re letting people sit there anyway why can’t they sell some GA tickets for that end? Likewise the hill in the south-western corner has a few hundred people sitting there as well.

Even if it’s only an extra thousand or two tickets it’s better than nothing until they can come up with a better solution.

docbrown

Coach
AFL has done one for nearly 5 years - its Richmond v Melbourne. Leveraging things like the evening BEFORE a public holiday is a good way to get a good crowd. I see GWS are playing on ANZAC Day - in the evening- in canberra this year too, that crowd should be interesting (for me at least)
I was out of the country and wasn't paying any attention to AFL (not that I really did before or now that I'm back).

Here's some of my posts way back in 2012 and 2013 calling for a Canberra Raiders Anzac Eve game (as well as an ANZAC game in NZ funnily enough):

Vlad59

Juniors
Nothing concrete about future stadium developments/expansion and those that are seem to be hidden be a paywall hence my query.

thanks for the help though mate.
Not a worry. If you type in certain words like ‘expansion’ and ‘redevelopment’ those words magically create other new links. This is called a ‘google search’. It’s used quite commonly by people using the internet. You can find all sorts of things. Here is one I found earlier today using ‘Northern England’ and ‘dump’.

yakstorm

First Grade
Remain Gold Bays at AAMI Park are selling into rows BB or CC (which is the last full row in those sections).

Silver is selling into Row U, so back 2-3 rows still unsold on both sides.

Bronze has most capacity left, with the back half of the bays unsold.

Corners & rest of Cat 4 is selling up the back. It should beat last year's ANZAC crowd of 23,469

Diesel

Referee
Crowd doesn’t look at big as other ANZAC games in Melbourne. Warriors usually draw a few fans to this corresponding game

jim_57

Staff member
Crowd doesn’t look at big as other ANZAC games in Melbourne. Warriors usually draw a few fans to this corresponding game
Anzac Day games since AAMI Park opened:
2011 - 22,694
2012 - 20,333
2013 - 25,480
2014 - 28,716
2015 - 13,948 (Vs Manly)
2016 - 21,223
2017 - 22,153
2018 - 25,731
2019 - 21,539
2021 - 20,320
2022 - 22,696
2023 - 23,469

I think it’ll beat most but certainly not all of these. Given the non-Anzac day crowd Vs Warriors this year was nearly 22k anyway this could be a master stroke.

2024 Vs Warriors Round 2 - 21,927.

jim_57

Staff member
This Storm crowd has to be 25k+
Honestly it’s got a chance at being their highest Anzac crowd.

As above may be an outside chance of 2nd highest (25,731). Beating the record (28,716) would pretty much need a full sellout, even then I’m not sure the capacity is actually still 30k since the new screens went in.

Latest posts