What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

steeden.

Juniors
IMG_0682.jpeg
The NRL fan fest is using a new manly logo? But the current/old raiders one.

(Image shamelessly lifted from the Ps and Ds fb group)

It's Been Done

Juniors
View attachment 79996
The NRL fan fest is using a new manly logo? But the current/old raiders one.

(Image shamelessly lifted from the Ps and Ds fb group)
It appears to be a mirrored image of the Eagle's head they use on their website (on the left of the tab on Google Chrome as well as on the bottom of all NRL.com linked websites). But I've never seen that version with the club text beneath the head

Manly-Warringah-Sea-Eagles-Logo-1980.png

Just go back to this!

yakstorm

First Grade
It's not a new logo, it's just one of their secondary logos with the head facing right instead of the usual left.

Strange that they are the only clubs where the primary isn't being used.

flippikat

Bench
Hopefully Parra’s away jersey is gold. White away jerseys should be limited to clash jerseys only
I actually think some teams should try light grey/silver for alternates - and if Parra do a blue home jersey, yellow away & silver (with blue & gold trim elements) 3rd/alternate, I think that'd be a solid range.

Frailty

First Grade
So lazy, you can really see that about 5 minutes of effort was put into the design of it.

But with how the club is run right now, I am not surprised at all.
There are so many things that the Wests Tigers can be criticised for, but I'm not sure this is it.
Is it a simple design? Absolutely. But that works.

I don't see how it's more worthy of criticism than:
1696570995871.png1696571017857.png1696571054818.png1696571240903.png

Craegus

Juniors
There are so many things that the Wests Tigers can be criticised for, but I'm not sure this is it.
Is it a simple design? Absolutely. But that works.

I don't see how it's more worthy of criticism than:
View attachment 80455View attachment 80456View attachment 80457View attachment 80458

The difference between the Tigers one and some of the ones you posted is subtle but stark. The integration especially with the Eels can't be compared, they actually combined logos and made major changes that looks quite good (is it perfect, absolutely not, but they at least tried). The Sharks could be better but the logo does fit into the design more than the Tigers (again could be better). Even the Cowboys sort of works making it look like an actual sherifs badge. Melbourne is probably the worst, but it does tie all the elements together.

The Tigers one just feels lazy and lacking any thought. I think the main issue with it is that the logos text just sticks out like a sore thumb. Even though it is part of the logo, and because it has just changed the club still wants to show it off, it is not fitting to the design. It could be removed, or changed to make the design feel like one logo (as the ones you posted have tried to do), over it being one logo stuck on a shield and banner that could (and probably was) taken from an image site.

flippikat

Bench
I don’t mind the all-blue kit but maybe limit its use against our non traditional rivals or something like that. I do prefer the white shorts with home jersey however. I do like the all-white however, it gives me fond memories of 2002. Agree with the traditional logo being brought back. BTW I also entered that 2007 design comp. I got a signed jersey out of it.
I think the use of blue shorts or white shorts needs to work-in with what the opposition is wearing.

For instance..for a Roosters away game against the Raiders, all navy provides a better contrast than the traditional navy jersey and white pants (assuming the Raiders are in green jersey & white shorts)... but against Newcastle away then the all-white combo works better, yet they could do white jersey and navy shorts in an away game against the Warriors.

flippikat

Bench
The difference between the Tigers one and some of the ones you posted is subtle but stark. The integration especially with the Eels can't be compared, they actually combined logos and made major changes that looks quite good (is it perfect, absolutely not, but they at least tried). The Sharks could be better but the logo does fit into the design more than the Tigers (again could be better). Even the Cowboys sort of works making it look like an actual sherifs badge. Melbourne is probably the worst, but it does tie all the elements together.
The Tigers one and the Storm one are certainly the worst to my eyes.
If they can't (or won't) fit the logo in the shield, then why tf do they even HAVE a shield??

Bazlad

Juniors
From reading the Western Weekender, it looks as though the company ‘My Place’ will be taking over from OAK Plus on the Panthers jerseys in 2024.

End of an era
One of the most recognised major sponsorships in Australian sport is now over with OAK finishing up as the club’s principal partner following last week’s Grand Final.

My Place will take over as the front of jersey sponsor for 2024, which keen-eyed readers may have noticed I revealed cryptically a couple of months back.

Attachments

• 64562FB1-C827-4AAE-8FAA-75575E531BF3.png
    64562FB1-C827-4AAE-8FAA-75575E531BF3.png
    451.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts