What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R2 Thu - Brisbane 28-18 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Round 2: Brisbane v South Sydney

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
Needed AJ to score a try to finish a multi but it wasn't to be.

Broncos back 3 were outstanding. Arthurs and Mariner come across as the quiet unassuming types so it was great to see them doing well. Reece was his usual. Haas and Carrigan steadied the ship after Riki's and Piakura's misses.
Had to laugh at Keppie who argued with Sutton after doing something dumb. It was a shame for Souths that Latrell was pretty much unsighted for most of the game. Their completions let them down badly and doesn't bring Cody into the game.
I'm sure Souths will come good at some stage but I think I said that last season too. Something needs to change with Ilias and Cook IMO.

gerg

Juniors
.... and Munro. Point taken.

But where other clubs have young up-and-comers as backups, we have Richie Kennar, Taane Milne type journeymen. Seriously the Roosters 4th pick winger (Pauga) would be a walk up start for us, potentially even when all are fit.

How you watch Kennar have a shocker and get schooled by Manly, and then decide to play him again vs Kotoni Staggs is mind boggling.

We're the slowest team in the competition.

Comparatively your backs are fine. Your forwards are shit, same as last year. How your club expects Tatola to carry that pack is beyond me.

Danish

Referee
It seemed an absolute certainty before the season started… but AJ taking the record is starting to look shaky.

he - like all wingers - can only score if fed. Souths aren’t looking like feeding him much this season. Add to that his inability to complete the grunt work the rest of the wingers in the comp do and he could actually be playing reserve grade by year’s end

snickers007

Juniors
I swear as a sports fan there's nothing that shits me more is your players being happy and laughing when they lose

I want Smith/Cronk/Sam Burgess type lunatics

Hope you weren't watching the Channel 9 coverage last night.
They showed Latrell in the sheds after the game, big shit-eating grin on his face, handshakes and hugs all round.

Even as a Panthers fan it made me angry.

Souths first half last night was poor. Even allowing for the poor passes, the main problem is they were going sideways too much in trying to "go around" the Broncos defence. As such the Broncos were able to handle them.

Souths first 10 minutes of the second half though? It seemed like Demetriou had gotten in the team's ear. They played more direct, running to the line, and then looking for a short but high percentage offload to a support player steaming onto the ball. It netted them 2 tries.

After that? They went back to trying to go sideways again, not running straight and also pushing passes that were just not on. Add in some poor discipline to boot, it was no wonder they ran out of juice and the Broncos piled on some more tries.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Souths are just so light on in he forwards. Starting Shaq as a backrower, really. That showed last year and the ones they have aren't that good, hence poor old Cook has been struggling for a while.
Their #7 was thrown in a season or 2 too early and their FB is a great centre playing poorly as a FB.

Any more injuries and they will really struggle.

Last night the Broncos should have been up by 20+ at half time but I got the feeling they were just toying