What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 2 - Vs Broncos

Hellray

Juniors
Demetrous had the whole summer to get the team fit which they clearly are not. Three times the sides where penalized for the offense which I'm sure the club where made aware of during the of season and the preseason - well sorted coach
I have pointed out to you previously that there are many options preferable to Kennar in the centres. Go and have a look.
Demetrous clearly plays favourites. That may be part of the trouble at the club - did Demetrous think that playing the same run on side would bring different results - I agree with you, Demetrous clearly thought so. Dumb guy, but its only rugby league, pretty simple.
It is harder to get out of the first grade side than it is to get in.
Let’s see what changes this coach has for next week.
The issue is reserve grade has a bye this week so it makes it hard for anyone to show some form to push their way into the team.
Training paddock alone isn’t enough

Demetrous had the whole summer to get the team fit which they clearly are not. Three times the sides where penalized for the offense which I'm sure the club where made aware of during the of season and the preseason - well sorted coach
I have pointed out to you previously that there are many options preferable to Kennar in the centres. Go and have a look.
Demetrous clearly plays favourites. That may be part of the trouble at the club - did Demetrous think that playing the same run on side would bring different results - I agree with you, Demetrous clearly thought so. Dumb guy, but its only rugby league, pretty simple.
Lets see what changes this coach has for next week.

Assess5 and rabbitoh fans Ilias, Ilias will be #7 next week and wighton in for kennar and the #7 position will not be fixed.I agree assess5 cheers.for gods sake mr dudmetriou at least give hawkins a shot at #7 next week if your not smart enough to put wighton at 6 and cody at 7 where they automatically should be hellllooo.

speedster

Juniors
Part of the reason we look so gassed and fade out late in both halves of games is that we are losing the arm wrestle and spending too much time defending our line and then rucking it out of yardage which wears us down more than the opposition. A big reason for losing the arm wrestle is we have just about the worst kicking game in the comp. Cody's kicking game is about on par with Ilias's but he should only be our back up kicker instead of doing as much long kicking as he does. Maybe only the Tigers' kicking game is worse but they have 2 new halves playing this weekend so we'll see.

Ilias is a hot topic and lots of people are defending him and saying it's not all his fault. It isn't. BUT his kicking game has not improved and to me, it doesn't look like it can ever get any better. It is what it is. Not good enough. Hawkins and Wighton both have better kicking games. Just a fact. But the coach will stick solid with his anointed choice because he has backed him so strongly in the media and backed himself into a corner as a result.

With a better kicking game, we have more even arm wrestle, less fatigue and then fewer errors. We then don't need a fourth middle on the bench and we should include Jye Gray for added attacking threat. That could allow Wighton to play a mixed role where he starts in the halves and then shifts wider when Gray comes on. Haven't seen enough of gray's kicking game but it wouldn't need to be all that much to be better than what we have right now.

Was holding off on judgement of JD until this year but the early signs are that not much has changed although missing our 1st choice 3, 4 & 5 hasn't helped. But he took charge of our defence and we have leaked plenty so far and continued with the high error, low completion rate BS that has been a part of this squad's DNA for far too long.

Not feeling good at all about this season. Unless there is a major turn around that we are all still waiting for, well, we so far do not look like a finals team I am sorry to say.

Sad.

Hellray

Juniors
Until Hawkins proves that he isn’t a turnstile in defence he will always be viewed as a back up. 8 missed tackles in his 2 games last year does not bode well for him.
Maybe we can hide his limitations when wighton and Graham are both in at centre as they are extremely effective in this department. But while you have below avg defenders in Kennar and Tass in your centre position Hawkins will also be left out to dry and teams will target him as they have Kennar.

ilias has his faults and yes maybe deserves a go in reserve grade to waken him up. But he his a much more dominant defender than Hawkins and while our team leaks a lot of points this will work against DH.

sorry to Dean and his uncle who both seem to be posting a lot here lately 😜

Travitoh

First Grade
I do feel for Ilias, he is on a hiding to nothing. Unfortunately, he doesn't bring anything to the team. Hawkins at least brings a kicking game that could put some pressure back on the opposition.

This team has regressed badly under Demetriou and it is falling behind the modern game. Our fitness is in the bin and that responsibility falls on the coaching staff that has had 3 offseasons at the helm now.

Thumper

Juniors
Lets see what changes this coach has for next week.
Name the players that you think are better than the guys who are currently playing. You talk talk talk about these other players but never name anyone.

assess5

Juniors
Name the players that you think are better than the guys who are currently playing. You talk talk talk about these other players but never name anyone.
I named them the last time you started with your drivel, I'm not your slave, I won't run after you.
In see that you don't have the intellect to look or think for yourself but that's your problem.
Ask someone else, you bore me.

Thumper

Juniors
I named them the last time you started with your drivel, I'm not your slave, I won't run after you.
In see that you don't have the intellect to look or think for yourself but that's your problem.
Ask someone else, you bore me.
Exactly. You can’t name anyone because there isn’t anyone. He’s picking the best 17 available.

speedster

Juniors
Don't wish to get involved in other people's arguments but will just throw a quick comment in: It's not just about which players are better but which players are playing better (are in better form) and also fit the needs of the team better.

Thumper

Juniors
Don't wish to get involved in other people's arguments but will just throw a quick comment in: It's not just about which players are better but which players are playing better (are in better form) and also fit the needs of the team better.
Get involved bro. That’s what this is all about. Old mate just blames the coach for everything but doesn’t offer up any constructive comments about what he would do differently. He’s clearly never played a game of sport in his life.

Hellray

Juniors
The issue with your point is it only round 2. So how can anyone have any form to go off? Almost all the squad played no trials because of Vegas.
Reserve played in round 1 and loss now they are on a bye week already so they can’t build on anything either to get into form.
Then you throw in injuries and suspensions and bad police records (Thompson not allowed to travel). So how is the coach meant to pick on form when there is absolutely NONE to speak of!!!!

Thumper

Juniors
The issue with your point is it only round 2. So how can anyone have any form to go off? Almost all the squad played no trials because of Vegas.
Reserve played in round 1 and loss now they are on a bye week already so they can’t build on anything either to get into form.
Then you throw in injuries and suspensions and bad police records (Thompson not allowed to travel). So how is the coach meant to pick on form when there is absolutely NONE to speak of!!!!
100%. No form and no one else to pick.

truthslayer

Juniors
Get involved bro. That’s what this is all about. Old mate just blames the coach for everything but doesn’t offer up any constructive comments about what he would do differently. He’s clearly never played a game of sport in his life.
Here’s a player for you JHYE GRAY , ADDs some pace , good kicking game and loads of talent, trouble with Jason dimwit he hasn’t the guts to make a big call like this.

Hellray

Juniors
I said yesterday on here he would be my fullback next week
I don’t mind that, he is a little small but has great speed and being a halfback his ball skill and vision are very good.
What do you do with Mitchell? 5/8 beside Cody or centre with his buddy Jack?

Latrell is a centre.

FB Gray
W Johnson, Thompson or Tass
C Latrell, Wighton
5/8 Walker
1/2 Illias/Hawkins
FR Burgess, Tatola
Hooker Mamazoo
2nd Koala Keppie
Lock Murray

Bench Shaq Moale Duncan Havilli

Hellray

Juniors
I’d happily start shaq each game, I thought he did really well in his first stint against the broncos. He ran hard and tackled hard and was aggressive.
Was surprised how little time they gave him in the second half. Maybe he was more gassed than I thought for his first game but he should keep his starting role

Thumper

Juniors
Latrell is a centre.

FB Gray
W Johnson, Thompson or Tass
C Latrell, Wighton
5/8 Walker
1/2 Illias/Hawkins
FR Burgess, Tatola
Hooker Mamazoo
2nd Koala Keppie
Lock Murray

Bench Shaq Moale Duncan

The forwards are more of an issue than the backs. No punch no mungrel.
tom needs to leave no. Can take keppie with him. Keaon can join them the way he’s playing to

Thumper

Juniors
I’d happily start shaq each game, I thought he did really well in his first stint against the broncos. He ran hard and tackled hard and was aggressive.
Was surprised how little time they gave him in the second half. Maybe he was more gassed than I thought for his first game but he should keep his starting role
Shaq cares. He shows enthusiasm. Not many of them currently do.
milne does, Havilli does. Murray does Tallis does. Rest of them look disinterested

Hellray

Juniors
Shaq cares. He shows enthusiasm. Not many of them currently do.
milne does, Havilli does. Murray does Tallis does. Rest of them look disinterested
The cupboard is bare though, maybe Thomas Fletcher will be ready soon to step up. But recruitment needs to ramp up on finding a suitable replacement for Burgess now.