What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 2 - Vs Broncos

Thumper

Juniors
The cupboard is bare though, maybe Thomas Fletcher will be ready soon to step up. But recruitment needs to ramp up on finding a suitable replacement for Burgess now.
It won’t happen. This is exactly what I said to the ass man running his mouth. JD is picking the best available side. It doesn’t matter who he selects when the forwards are getting out enthused every tackle.

Womada

Juniors
Unfortunately Murray is NOT a winner. He does not know HOW TO WIN and he has zero charisma. Truth is hard to swallow we see this in World Events today and in the growth of the economic hardship of many. Truth is the club needs a charismatic smart Coach one who commands fear and respect. Selecting Kennar-Gagai in the backline is simply ridiculous. Team needs a Coach who makes the roster UNCOMFORTABLE, scared of non-performances. I can think of two that may be available: Maguire and Slater. The club needs a Coach with front who will provide discomfort to the entrenched divas [Walker, Mitchell, Koloamatangi etc] and challenge them to lift their performance.
Not Maguire he did it once but lost it 4yrs after 2014....Slater would get us a grand final

I don’t mind that, he is a little small but has great speed and being a halfback his ball skill and vision are very good.
What do you do with Mitchell? 5/8 beside Cody or centre with his buddy Jack?

Jye gray is a five-eighth he has played his junior years as #6 he is best suited at #6 but he is a bit of a jack rabbit he could probably play at a few other positions on the park because he is a real live wire.i was talking to his ex keebra Park coach a few months ago and his words were to me that he was the best kid to coach at school and he would put his body on the line to tackle the big boys + he is very loud vocally on the park and is a true leader sadly his coach was a manly fan lol.

Kennar and Havili are both slugs barely at Reserve Grade standard. Yet they continue to be in the squad. Shaq M and Tom B both should have significant playing time. Moale should be in Reserve Grade, if at the club at all.
The only question is when does Management intervene and get rid of Demetriou? Surely the man is on a very short leash!

Havili was good this game but moale needs more discipline there was no need to attack the oppositions knees it was plain late and stupid.

Thumper

Juniors
Jye gray is a five-eighth he has played his junior years as #6 he is best suited at #6 but he is a bit of a jack rabbit he could probably play at a few other positions on the park because he is a real live wire.i was talking to his ex keebra Park coach a few months ago and his words were to me that he was the best kid to coach at school and he would put his body on the line to tackle the big boys + he is very loud vocally on the park and is a true leader sadly his coach was a manly fan lol.
If he went to Keebra it wouldn’t have been for long he played 3 years of first 15 at the Southport school.

speedster

Juniors
The issue with your point is it only round 2. So how can anyone have any form to go off? Almost all the squad played no trials because of Vegas.
Reserve played in round 1 and loss now they are on a bye week already so they can’t build on anything either to get into form.
Then you throw in injuries and suspensions and bad police records (Thompson not allowed to travel). So how is the coach meant to pick on form when there is absolutely NONE to speak of!!!!
My point is purely theoretical. Even so, there are people making suggestions of selection changes in this thread based on what exactly?

speedster

Juniors
Get involved bro. That’s what this is all about. Old mate just blames the coach for everything but doesn’t offer up any constructive comments about what he would do differently. He’s clearly never played a game of sport in his life.
General discussion? Sure. I'm up for that. Cheers.

speedster

Juniors
He is a 5/8 but with utility value and an awesome prospect. We should try him at 14 to blood him to begin with and also make sure he doesn't get poached from under our noses. He's the one that could put the most pressure on Ilias if he gets his chance to show his potential at NRL level.

Steenson123

Juniors
No. I be
Part of the reason we look so gassed and fade out late in both halves of games is that we are losing the arm wrestle and spending too much time defending our line and then rucking it out of yardage which wears us down more than the opposition. A big reason for losing the arm wrestle is we have just about the worst kicking game in the comp. Cody's kicking game is about on par with Ilias's but he should only be our back up kicker instead of doing as much long kicking as he does. Maybe only the Tigers' kicking game is worse but they have 2 new halves playing this weekend so we'll see.

Ilias is a hot topic and lots of people are defending him and saying it's not all his fault. It isn't. BUT his kicking game has not improved and to me, it doesn't look like it can ever get any better. It is what it is. Not good enough. Hawkins and Wighton both have better kicking games. Just a fact. But the coach will stick solid with his anointed choice because he has backed him so strongly in the media and backed himself into a corner as a result.

With a better kicking game, we have more even arm wrestle, less fatigue and then fewer errors. We then don't need a fourth middle on the bench and we should include Jye Gray for added attacking threat. That could allow Wighton to play a mixed role where he starts in the halves and then shifts wider when Gray comes on. Haven't seen enough of gray's kicking game but it wouldn't need to be all that much to be better than what we have right now.

Was holding off on judgement of JD until this year but the early signs are that not much has changed although missing our 1st choice 3, 4 & 5 hasn't helped. But he took charge of our defence and we have leaked plenty so far and continued with the high error, low completion rate BS that has been a part of this squad's DNA for far too long.

Not feeling good at all about this season. Unless there is a major turn around that we are all still waiting for, well, we so far do not look like a finals team I am sorry to say.

Sad.
No. I believe the side has been Ill Prepared. Just look at how many key players are out inujured.. Graham, Arrow, Munro, Walker has been in doubt with a calf and even Weighton has been injured too. Demetriou is a dopey Coach.... Brisbane did not even consider him despite his time there under Burt. The team selections and kicking game are pathetic. If you listen to say ABC radio commentary too they often say how gassed the players seem after only 20 minutes!
Demetriou will soon be demissioned. Its just a matter of time.

Steenson123

Juniors
Bottom Line folks: We fail against Easts - who by the way shall be heavily expected to carve us up - and Demetriou's W/L record for his two seasons and change here will be UNDER .500. That is he has lost more than won.
Further a once highly potent side will be 4-12 in its last 16 contests under Demetriou. That is a 25% win percentage. Almost every game the side conceeds at least 5 scores, far too many to be relevant. This should get a Coach sacked.

Steenson123

Juniors
He is a 5/8 but with utility value and an awesome prospect. We should try him at 14 to blood him to begin with and also make sure he doesn't get poached from under our noses. He's the one that could put the most pressure on Ilias if he gets his chance to show his potential at NRL level.
I agree with you. Put young Grey OR Mamezoulos on the banc. Then put three big dudes there with them. These two smaller young guys will provide dash and cause trouble as opponents fatigue. Mind you as long as Demetriou is there I have a feeling no change in personnel will alter the attitudes and results. The players play well for 35 minutes then fall apart. They conceed way too many scores due to a lack of sustained effort. The poison arrow all points to the Head Coach.

Bottom Line folks: We fail against Easts - who by the way shall be heavily expected to carve us up - and Demetriou's W/L record for his two seasons and change here will be UNDER .500. That is he has lost more than won.
Further a once highly potent side will be 4-12 in its last 16 contests under Demetriou. That is a 25% win percentage. Almost every game the side conceeds at least 5 scores, far too many to be relevant. This should get a Coach sacked.

Dudmetriou is his name

Sam Burgess said things were in the shitter. I think I know who I believe with the way things are n the field.

Like I've said sack ilias he is a park footballer he can't lead the team around the park + sack dudmetriou aka our dumb coach.wighton #6 walker #7 if dudmetriou can't do that then use hawkins and if our dumb coach can't do that then put jye gray at #6 and put cody walker at #7. WE won't be beating the rorters because they bought Spencer leniu + dominic young even if we had a full team.its blatantly obvious that the nrl will let the rorters go to this year's grand final.for starters the rorters have three world class fullbacks in tedesco + suaali + manu + the rorters have two australia second rowers on their bench politis pours millions into the nrl coffers whilst the nrl turn a blind eye.so the rorters will be playing which team in this year's grand final will it be? penrith,broncos,storm,dolphins,warriors, or souths if we can sack ilias for a wighton/walker halves pairing then we can compete.but remember the nrl once it has 20 teams their will be two divisions of ten teams per division.division 1 and division 2 the ex super league mob + the nrl are gonna wreck this game what will bunny fans do when they are relegated to division 2? And not playing in the division 1 grand final? yes folks its all about the almighty dollar not the people !thats the nrl's fine print!

Sam Burgess said things were in the shitter. I think I know who I believe with the way things are n the field.

We need sam burgess back asap to get us back on track many admire sam but who admires dudmetriou? I hear they want johnny Sutton to take dudmetriou's coaching job it may be hearsay but I know sutto and he has the club at heart first id pay out dudmetriou and advertise for a new souths coach till sam burgess returns and yes he will return to souths can you hear me sammy burgess come home son.

We can't even field 17 teams look at West tigers for example how about bennett who thieves 8 bronco players already i wonder who he will poach from the broncos next year if he remains there not all contracts are set in stone.where will the players come from it definitely won't be from the broncos bennett thieves them all lol

We need sam burgess back asap to get us back on track many admire sam but who admires dudmetriou? I hear they want johnny Sutton to take dudmetriou's coaching job it may be hearsay but I know sutto and he has the club at heart first id pay out dudmetriou and advertise for a new souths coach till sam burgess returns and yes he will return to souths can you hear me sammy burgess come home son.

Souths are in the shitter alright Madhatter look at us now since sam walked out in disgust the dead wood has to be sacked from the board room down fair dinkum souths who made reyno walk and who put ilias at half back for god's sake i heard memberships are falling and I wonder why any ideas here?