What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Travitoh

First Grade
Tom's on about 500? AFB is on a mill. But he wants to be closer to family and is a junior. If he settled for $800-850k per yr from 2025, that would be Tom's money plus around $300-350 in the cap which is possible.

For 2024, depends what Tom wants to do. Maybe there's still $100k remaining in the cap for next year? Tom goes to play for Sam sooner than we think? Then we ship (if they agreed to it) DSF who is said to be unhappy under JD who's on maybe $200k? Adds up to $800.

You never know. People said no way we could afford Wighton when those rumours went round.

That's not quite how the cap works. Teams need to finish with a squad of 30 players, so two out means we'd need to bring two in. The 30th player will still need to earn at least minimum during their time in the top 30.

callmack1

Staff member

As a Kiwi, I'd like to see Madge stay on. I think doing both roles is manageable, especially because they happen at very different times of the year.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Looks like we will be away the first 3 rounds. Manly in Las Vegas their home game it is. Broncos away at Suncorp and Rorters away at Allianz. What do we have to do to get a home game in the first 3 rounds……. Once again we have been screwed over f**k you NRL!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Looks like we will be away the first 3 rounds. Manly in Las Vegas their home game it is. Broncos away at Suncorp and Rorters away at Allianz. What do we have to do to get a home game in the first 3 rounds……. Once again we have been screwed over f**k you NRL!!!

Im very curious to see this new look Manly side. i have some serious doubts over the players theyve recruited.

Hellray

Juniors
So Jye Gray, Ben Lovett and Tyrone Munro officially in the top 30 squad.

surprising that Karapani and Leon Te Hau kept their spots in the 30 (hadnt someone mentioned Karapani was sacked?)

new players in the development squad are Dion Teaupa, Ethan Ferguson, Haizyn Mellars, Liam Le Blanc and Thomas Fletcher

Rabbits20

Immortal
So Jye Gray, Ben Lovett and Tyrone Munro officially in the top 30 squad.

surprising that Karapani and Leon Te Hau kept their spots in the 30 (hadnt someone mentioned Karapani was sacked?)

new players in the development squad are Dion Teaupa, Ethan Ferguson, Haizyn Mellars, Liam Le Blanc and Thomas Fletcher
Is this all up on the offical Rabbitohs website mate?

speedster

Juniors
That's not quite how the cap works. Teams need to finish with a squad of 30 players, so two out means we'd need to bring two in. The 30th player will still need to earn at least minimum during their time in the top 30.
Yes, that's true. Forgot to include that. Still, my real point was that it's not impossible as some were saying and you should never say never.