What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

no name

Coach
What the heck was he on? "We need Cam Smith as an Immortal now". I mean the rest of the panel were like, calm down Benny.

Im glad Hughes stopped him when he was about to bring up the Balmain board but Hughes wasn't better about the Bulldogs situation.
I think Blocker and Benny are giving ‘ideas’ to bring up, they are too stupid for anyone to actually think that way.

Blocker says Wests Tigers ‘could’ move to Perth, says doesn’t want them to or think they should but brings it up anyway?

Benny, .05 seconds after the rule of 5 years retired is mentioned says Cam Smith should be an Immortal. Reckons he doesn’t care about the rules, why wait.

For me, the ideas are planted into these two despos who will do anything to get a gig on telly.

no name

Coach
Paul Kent whinging about the NRL trying to expand the game whilst offering no alternative solution.
I don’t think he has come up with a viable solution to any ‘problems’ he highlights.
And he finds plenty to whinge about.

Stallion

First Grade
I don’t think he has come up with a viable solution to any ‘problems’ he highlights.
And he finds plenty to whinge about.

Yes. Kent tends to go back on his word. Some months ago Kent was all for genuine expansion with additional teams making good sense. ( first time for this journo)He had a standpoint that the Sydney area had "bled" far too much. Now it seems he has reverted back to his implosionist ideals.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I saw the bit talking about the mid year test and he is against it. Im all for the game to try new and different things and its great itll be in America. Im guessing he predicts no one will have any interest and will get a poor crowd but doesn't have a problem with it being in places like Townsville or Melbourne which will be ridiculous if they play it in those places.

mozza91

Coach
Classic Roosters/Tigers 2010 semi is on Ennis’ show. ‘Or think Sorman Dwor’s hit him hiiiiiiii’.

AJB1102

First Grade
What a load of shit this channel has become.

Are there really that many people watching Sunday Night with Matty Johns that it needs to be repeated multiple times on Monday at the expense of full length replays? The Raiders vs. Knights game got a chopped up 60 minute replay overnight, 60 minutes at 4PM this afternoon, 30 minutes on Wednesday, and finally the 90 minute cut gets shown at 5:30AM on Thursday.

Who the f**k watches these other bullshit shows?

RL shown in anything under 80mins is a highlights package and useless - if I just wanna see the highlights I can jump online or flick on FSN. Does my head in why a 24/7 RL channel would need to cut games down.

Also Fox has gone the way of CH9 by sticking the live action in a little box down the right-hand corner and showing full screen replays. Piss the replay off to a little box not the live stuff.

El Diablo

Post Whore
RL shown in anything under 80mins is a highlights package and useless - if I just wanna see the highlights I can jump online or flick on FSN. Does my head in why a 24/7 RL channel would need to cut games down.

Also Fox has gone the way of CH9 by sticking the live action in a little box down the right-hand corner and showing full screen replays. Piss the replay off to a little box not the live stuff.
if it's the 9 game they use the 9 footage with Fox commentators

nrlnrl

First Grade

There are full replays on at 4am & 10am if you want to IQ either one.

AJB1102

First Grade
There are full replays on at 4am & 10am if you want to IQ either one.

Its a 24/7 RL channel mate every replay should be a full replay was more my point. Why spend an hour watching some of the game when you could get the lot in with another 20mins?

The endless replays of NRL360, Matty, Professor etc. should be repackaged to cut out the shit but then there wouldn't be much left.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why do they cut the Thursday night game replay down so much? They've got all night to show it after the Matty Johns show so why shorten it? I know it will teach me for forgetting to set the record but geez it was painful missing so much of the game and made it pretty much unwatchable.

It did amuse me in a wtf the kind of way that they were happy to show the delays in the game in full like the video ref bore but cut out the action.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the only reason i can think of for cutting them is that if someone really wanted to watch it again then they'd record the live game

do they cut flogball replays on Fox Poofy?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why do they cut the Thursday night game replay down so much? They've got all night to show it after the Matty Johns show so why shorten it? I know it will teach me for forgetting to set the record but geez it was painful missing so much of the game and made it pretty much unwatchable.

It did amuse me in a wtf the kind of way that they were happy to show the delays in the game in full like the video ref bore but cut out the action.
Here's a run down.

A f**kton of Penalties, Thurston couldn't give a shit, Smith was crap, Boring shitheap of a game.

AJB1102

First Grade

hahaha I noticed that when I started watching a replay of a round 1 game. Chop out 8mins to go to a 30sec scrum packing.

no name

Coach
Spud Carroll as the man on the street.
Surely things aren’t that tough to resort to this plonker.

‘They get flogged by 50 and 25000 of their fans turn out to watch them the next week.’

Crowd was 12500 for a double header.

Latest posts