What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v South Africa at Hamilton Mar 15-19, 2012

Red Bear

Referee
Williamson goes just after lunch, shame was batting well.

Bracewell using a review on an LBW now, should be successful after he hits it, this is why the review system is in place, get rid of the shocker

Hallatia

Referee
My man Morne bowling beautifully here, getting good reverse swing, had Bracewell's wicket overturned on review, but bowls him now

Hallatia

Referee
Williamson goes just after lunch, shame was batting well.

Bracewell using a review on an LBW now, should be successful after he hits it, this is why the review system is in place, get rid of the shocker
I really don't think that decision was a shocker, ball hit bat and pad almost simultaneously

Iafeta

Referee
Philander's an absolute champion bowler.

Why did New Zealand bring Brent Arnel into this team? The whole side looks lop-sided and short of a batsman. Arnel's a nuffie medium pacer who can't really bat either. I think Vettori should be at #7.

Why is it that New Zealand have this mad infatuation with re-gearing players? McCullum's a good example. A good keeper-bat, he gives up keeping due to injuries and starts developing a decent partnership with Guptill at the top. Then for some reason they move him to three... for Rob Nicol. Vettori's much the same. It's like he's supposedly a batsman first and foremost and a stock bowler secondly. McCullum should go back to open, they should bolster the top 6, move Vettori to 7 (his job is to bowl), drop Arnel and Nicol.

Hallatia

Referee
6 now and a 10 wicket haul from this match. New Zealand are all out for 168. 100 run lead.

Hallatia

Referee
Bracewell gets one with his first ball of the innings. Alviro gone for 1. SAfrica 5/1, require another 96 for victory

beefstew

Juniors
another 5fer for that freak Philander, his 5th in six matches

He bowls wicket to wicket, just like McGrath and Hadlee did...a bit of bounce and a good line= profit,
You can be a goodish bowler, bowling from wide on the crease, you can be a very good bowler, bowling
wide on the crease if you're genuinely fast, and you can he a great bowler by bowling as close to the
umpire as you can get, and hitting the 4th stump line consistently, at anything 130k and over.

Izz

Bench
He bowls wicket to wicket, just like McGrath and Hadlee did...a bit of bounce and a good line= profit,
and he swings the ball both ways. Not hooping swing, but enough to make middles of bats turn into edges.

Hallatia

Referee
some Philander stats. He took his 45th wicket today and he will not be the fastest to reach 50. I suppose he was very unlucky not to get a fifth day in the first test of this series. In the six matches his played, 5 5fers, 2 4fers and 2 ten wicket bags. And, he plays in a team that asks him to share the ball with Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Imran Tahir and Jacques Kallis. It's a good thing him and Marchant de Lange haven't had to play alongside each other yet.

Seriously though, Philander has been messing with other people's stats with his wicket hogging ways. I'mma bash him

beefstew

Juniors
and he swings the ball both ways. Not hooping swing, but enough to make middles of bats turn into edges.

Just the slight movement off the seam is enough to get results, when you bowl stump to stump like he does...if Martin
released the ball where Villander does, he'd have twice the amount of career wickets.

beefstew

Juniors
some Philander stats. He took his 45th wicket today and he will not be the fastest to reach 50. I suppose he was very unlucky not to get a fifth day in the first test of this series. In the six matches his played, 5 5fers, 2 4fers and 2 ten wicket bags. And, he plays in a team that asks him to share the ball with Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Imran Tahir and Jacques Kallis. It's a good thing him and Marchant de Lange haven't had to play alongside each other yet.

Seriously though, Philander has been messing with other people's stats with his wicket hogging ways. I'mma bash him

Greedy bugger can bat too....

Red Bear

Referee
The test will be when he plays in unfavourable conditions, which wont be for a while (next Saffa series is in England isnt it?).

aussies1st

Staff member

Whose the guy quicker than Philander? Never seen a guy with his sort of start.

Hallatia

Referee
Greedy bugger can bat too....
I believe he can eat as well, when people ask me where he'd been hiding before last Summer, I just tell them that he used to be quite fat. And he's so popular now, it's hard to find the old fat pics

The test will be when he plays in unfavourable conditions, which wont be for a while (next Saffa series is in England isnt it?).
yup

Hallatia

Referee
Whose the guy quicker than Philander? Never seen a guy with his sort of start.
'twas a long time ago, Charlie Turner in the 1880s did it in 6 matches. Philander should do it in 7 to be equal second with Tom Richardson who did it in the 1890s

Latest posts