What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v South Africa at Adelaide on Nov 24-28, 2016

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Voges will likely come back in to replace Maddinson I assume now that I think about it. He probably wasn't a certainty to miss this test until the injury.

Another fun fact. In his first 3 tests Ian Chappell made 47 runs, faced 170 balls and was dismissed three times. Matty is doing better than you so far Gramps. My dad called me before and mentioned that Tubby made 25 off 100ish on debut. Couldn't find any official stats but my dad is normally pretty spot on when it comes to remembering shit for 20+ years ago.

Nein is worse than aids.
Pretty sure it was also at Adelaide, and I remember he did score a painstaking 25 against a very good Windies line up. And was wrapped deluxe, shows how much the game has changed. For the worse.

Sphagnum

Coach
Slater is a fkn wanker. How they ever put that smug moron on the footy show I'll never understand. He has single handedly given incurable AIDS to the cricket commentary, footy show and big sports breakfast.

Deserves to be set on fire. Remember how his career ended. f**ken overrated sook.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Slater is a fkn wanker. How they ever put that smug moron on the footy show I'll never understand. He has single handedly given incurable AIDS to the cricket commentary, footy show and big sports breakfast.

Deserves to be set on fire. Remember how his career ended. f**ken overrated sook.
it was all Steve Waugh and Gillys fault.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Good test win to us, hopefully we can win the 3 test series v Pakistan and then at least compete well in India

Thought SA were flat, dead rubber maybe? I know our great side of the mid 90s to mid 00s often lost a dead rubber, so there has to be a little lack of mental application. Nonetheless SA were talking up about being the first side to white wash australia in australia, and Faf got some inspiration due to his guilty ball tampering verdict (does he score a ton if not for that?)

I, like others not convinced on Maddinson. I dont think he should have been there. Fergo should have played in his home ground. Looking forward they will most likely bring back Voges for Maddo. Id stick with Maddinson for the Pakistan series, we cant go back to Voges now. Look forward to guys like Chris Lynn and Pattinson from NSW making a play for the test side

Renshaw and Handscombe did well, hopefully they can build and improve and become long stays of the test side

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not sure why any experienced commentators would have a did at Renshaws strike rate

the best place for him to learn some test cricket is out in the middle and the more time he can spend there atm the quicker he will learn imo

and wtf is those run outs

Canard

Immortal
Slater's Tweet is being universally trashed on Twitter.

Good to see.

I mean Tubby Taylor! FMD that would be Phil Tufnell criticizing someone for poor fielding.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I hope SOK is fit for the Pakis, surely Lyon's 6 wickets at 55 is not enough to see him retained for another series.

I really hope the selectors stick to their youth policy and just forget about Marsh

Eelectrica

Referee
Pretty sure it was also at Adelaide, and I remember he did score a painstaking 25 against a very good Windies line up. And was wrapped deluxe, shows how much the game has changed. For the worse.
Found Taylor's debut scorecard:
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-sco...ies-4th-test-west-indies-in-australia-1988-89
25 from 105.
What was interesting about that was Boony scoring 149 from 425 balls. Seems Renshaw is in pretty good company right now.

Good luck to Renshaw. By my estimation he's got a good foundation from which to build has game on. We've not seen the finished product.

2 weeks

Coach
S Marsh will be picked. I wouldn't do it if i was a selector, but they won't leave him out if he is fit.

Latest posts