What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: New Zealand v South Africa at Hamilton on Mar 25-29, 2017

Rod

Bench
Scuffing the ball is one thing, my question is how SA was able to get away with only bowling 78 overs today. We were able to make up all the time today, they were just on a go-slow and the umpires did nothing about it.

Iafeta

Referee
1 zip up on the series. Faf will take advantage of anything he can. Should cop a suspension for that alone really.

JJ

Immortal
361/4 building a lead - I think Watling should have batted ahead of Santner, as should CDG

Iafeta

Referee
Not sure on the approach here. I get that Santner is getting in, maybe playing for his career, but I really feel he needs to be more assertive here. 2 an over on day 4 when you are 4 down and about 50 ahead I'm not sure is achieving much. Williamson is already anchoring the innings so I'm not sure on Santners approach. Draw is becoming more likely.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, which is why I found batting him at #6 strange in every respect - no de Grandhomme fan here but he's done a lot more at first class level, and like Davey Warner will score his runs quickly (even if they are few)

Rod

Bench
We have the advantage of a couple of longer sessions. I think they're going to make SA bowlers bowl 2,5 hours now and then start accelerating a bit later in the day as they hopefully tire. If we play too aggressive too soon we open ourselves up to collapsing and only leading by 80-odd. Our best chance is not to bat again and that means playing it safer for now.

JJ

Immortal
Great innings from Williamson, truly great - shame he didn't get to 200

Santner is stonewalling too much though, he's becalmed like Raval became, but much slower and earlier - weird innings, not saying he needs to Warner it, just occasionally play a shot

Rod

Bench
Piss poor timing to get out when he did but I would say he largely did his job.

JJ

Immortal
He's a useful 4th seamer in our conditions and probably English ones - I have no issue with his pace

JJ

Immortal
They seem to have developed a good plan for Elgar - 16/1

de Grandhomme nipping it about LOL

JJ

Immortal
Brilliant got those pesky reviews out of the way

Watling has a lot to answer for IMO

Iafeta

Referee
Watling. You idiot. He should never be allowed to contribute to DRS ever again. Ever.