What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Newlands, Capetown, March 22-26, 2018

billygilmore

Juniors
Since when have you taken Australian commentators seriously?

In India they'll say its Kohli. In SA they'll say its ABD.

I wasn’t going of what commentators say, just looking purely at the average, everyone’s so touché touché at the moment.
Everyone knows MMarsh is the greatest batsman that has ever lived

JW

Coach
I can show you the moment, the exact moment, that the whole circus jumped the shark...

There are very few dumber things in Cricket than what Smith and co did - and one of them is not walking when you've been clean bowled.

nöyd

Staff member
fkn merkins at work shitting me, all of a sudden every one is a cricket expert/tragic

"ban the lot of em!"

"sack them all!!"

"life bans! it has to be, it's bullshit!!"

"so tell me, what did they do exactly, you know, that guy with the tape on his hands... what was he doing? why is he in trouble?"

f**kers

Eelectrica

Referee
I think Smith owning up and not taking the Sgt. Schultz 'I know nothing' approach buys him a little bit of leniency in the final punishment.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's been great to see all the dickheads come out of the woodwork - Broad, Harbaracist, Tommy etc.

They f**ked up and the majority of Australians have owned up to it and condemned smith and co as cheats who we don't want near the team

And Harbiwanker, in fact all dickhead indians, - come back and play the race card after your shithole country has got rid of the caste system.

Bazal

Post Whore
There is a delicious irony in Harbhajan, a known racist, playing the race card.

I sometimes think I should sign up to Twitter just to troll f**kwits like him.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm so over the absolute hysteria of this shit already

the hysteria on Foxsports is hard to believe, they have interviewed everyone who ever played, they are speculating on who is in the leadership group, Crash is saying some of the leadership group disagreed, like how he f**k would he know ? commentator says who did you think they are Crash ? leads for more speculation blah blah blah

they are gonna dine on this for weeks and they wont let it die

they haven't even reported on the test match results

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
now they just asked some journo who I've never heard of, if Australia win the last test, should we forfeit the result ?

fmd

JJ

Immortal
now they just asked some journo who I've never heard of, if Australia win the last test, should we forfeit the result ?

fmd
LOL - too funny, the moral outrage is hilarious - these lines Australians draw are all crooked LOL

Get a new coach after his whinging about meanies in the crowd he seems to have gone underground, and new captain and v/c - Smith was probably too young, Warner too stupid/too much a f**ktard

Stand the responsible down for a few games, and fine heavily

Then move on - as I said earlier, the bigger problem is the reputational damage - you were always merkins, but the baggy green is some legacy (and separates you from everyone else IMO) - don't want to tarnish it more than this - the underam was in an ODI and in the laws, this is test cricket - it's the soul of the game

Iafeta

Referee
The number of people calling for life bans around the place is absolutely staggering. Seriously, ball tampering is pretty minor on the scale of things....Smith and Warner should lose their leadership roles absolutely, but come on

I actually think it’s fairly serious. However the ICC and cricket associations globally have been too gun shy to do anything about it previously.

It’s predetermined, planned cheating. I think that’s a fairly significant issue.

Bazal

Post Whore
I actually think it’s fairly serious. However the ICC and cricket associations globally have been too gun shy to do anything about it previously.

It’s predetermined, planned cheating. I think that’s a fairly significant issue.

But as I said earlier, how is a bit of dirt on tape realistically going to alter the ball more than the sunblock off your forehead or your arms?

Ball tampering is legal to a large extent. People forget that. Shining the pill is essentially ball tampering. Loading it with sweat and saliva to make one side heavier is ball tampering. Teams chucking it into the ground from the outfield is ball tampering. And yes, the umpires will step in and stop the latter after a while, but the damage is often done. Not to mention the umpires didn't even change the ball, so it was clearly miserably ineffective...

People calling for match fixing level penalties need a reality check is all I'm saying.

Haffa

the hysteria on Foxsports is hard to believe, they have interviewed everyone who ever played, they are speculating on who is in the leadership group, Crash is saying some of the leadership group disagreed, like how he f**k would he know ? commentator says who did you think they are Crash ? leads for more speculation blah blah blah

they are gonna dine on this for weeks and they wont let it die

they haven't even reported on the test match results
The 15 minutes I watched on Sunday morning was enough. Showing tweets from every player ever as if we all care what Graeme Swann etc think. The irony of showing Fafs hand motions on repeat was clearly lost on them too unless they were asking for his expertise.

Heavy fine a few test ban none of them near the captaincy job again and we all move on.

Oh and boof should be the scapegoat, he was probably getting the sack anyway.

Iafeta

Referee
But as I said earlier, how is a bit of dirt on tape realistically going to alter the ball more than the sunblock off your forehead or your arms?

Ball tampering is legal to a large extent. People forget that. Shining the pill is essentially ball tampering. Loading it with sweat and saliva to make one side heavier is ball tampering. Teams chucking it into the ground from the outfield is ball tampering. And yes, the umpires will step in and stop the latter after a while, but the damage is often done. Not to mention the umpires didn't even change the ball, so it was clearly miserably ineffective...

People calling for match fixing level penalties need a reality check is all I'm saying.

You are allowed to use natural resources as far as I’m aware, therefore shining the ball with saliva is okay. You cannot bring foreign objects into play, so sandpaper, tape, sun cream etc are not allowed. That is ball tampering.

Bazal

Post Whore
You are allowed to use natural resources as far as I’m aware, therefore shining the ball with saliva is okay. You cannot bring foreign objects into play, so sandpaper, tape, sun cream etc are not allowed. That is ball tampering.

Still not the point. It is not even in the same universe as a life ban offence.

And sunblock is clearly tolerated, unless players are banned from wearing it. You don't think the sweat they shine the ball with comes laced with a heavy helping of SP50+?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
This ball tampering is the fault of the Aussie public for constantly overrating these players and making them think there champions,everyone in Australia is to blame except Haynetrain who said 5 years ago these guys are overpaid no hopers.they couldn't handle the pressure of your expectations you noobs cos you said there all better than Don Bradman.

Aussie public should pay Steve Smith's fine.