What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Expands Again

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
AMNRL Expands Again
Source/Author: Brian Lowe | Posted: 07.12.2011

More expansion developments have been revealed by the American National Rugby League with news of a new franchise being established in Atlanta.

More news Here

Evil Homer

Staff member
If this actually comes off, then great stuff. If it's more Niu BS spin to try and get over the USARL, then f**k that.

Last edited:
Well and good. It's another development club in another area. But I don't know what the AMNRL is on about when it talks about "Southeastern, Pacific or Mid-west Conference" because each of these areas has approx one club each so there is no competition.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
A few bigots on planet rugby union raving on about letting a muungo team play on their ground, funny, all the pics I've seen of the ground show Soccer. :roll:

league13

Juniors
With being a new competion the USARL are most probable consolidating this season,maybe they will be looking at expansion in 0012.The AMRL have announced a couple of franchises of late but nothing's materialised as yet.If they are running their competion like they ran their website I can't see them making much progress.

Evil Homer

Staff member
With being a new competion the USARL are most probable consolidating this season,maybe they will be looking at expansion in 0012.The AMRL have announced a couple of franchises of late but nothing's materialised as yet.If they are running their competion like they ran their website I can't see them making much progress.
Maybe the AMNRL are the ones who should be looking at 'consolidating', since the one competition that they have actually come up with is such a complete shambles.

DINGb@T

Juniors
Good news from the AMNRL.

I'm guessing they'll be joining up with the new North Carolina team as part of the 'South East'.

Legion is a pretty cool name too.

Hope it goes well for them.

amnrlfan

Juniors
Probably wont happen but Atlanta is close to Jacksonville for a friendly match or a preseason match up. Close enough so they could drive and not have to spend money on airfare.

Choo Choo

Juniors
Prove it. Knights V USARL Champions.

Not saying we will be USARL champions; don't want to jinx it, but the Slayers are currently in negotiations to play the Knights after both competitions are completed for the season.

billy2

Juniors
All talk of expansion is good.
Even if it doesn't happen now - just having people talk about it is good.

deluded pom?

Coach
Not saying we will be USARL champions; don't want to jinx it, but the Slayers are currently in negotiations to play the Knights after both competitions are completed for the season.

Good luck Danny. I hope the proposed match against the Knights comes off.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
And YES, the Axemen have been emailing with the Atlanta team discussing games between the two teams both here in JAX and in Atlanta.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
I haven't heard of any proposed match, I doubt it will take place and I cant see the Slayers being good enough to trouble the Knights. The Slayers may have improved but this is the best Knights team I have seen.

All the best Knights players will be playing in the World Cup Qualfiers at the end of the season. Do you think they will risk injury? Doubt it.

Latest posts