What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Expands Again

DaBears

Juniors
The USARL constitution was posted when they first formed the league. All 8 teams are equal shareholders with equal voting rights in the competition.

Hey LR,

I missed that constitution post...do you have a link?. I'd like to have a quick look at it.

Lone Ranger

Juniors
So the groups or individuals that own the teams are the shareholders of the USARL....correct?

As I understood it, each team has a representative that sits on the board. The financial and sponsor commitments were getting too big and the teams (AMNRL at the time) were tired of information being handed down last minute. My understanding is the USARL are quite happy with the current system whereas it seems there are still grumblings with some of the AMNRL teams.

Maybe some of the others can comment on this fact.

mother rucker

Juniors
So the groups or individuals that own the teams are the shareholders of the USARL....correct?

Ultimately, I would think yes & no... equality in representation and responsibility seems that it would mean that each team has an equal share in ownership. So even if the teams are the shareholders, I guess you could say that those who own the teams also "own" the USARL, but I would think of them more as "stakeholders" instead of "shareholders". Shareholders have actual individual voting rights - I wouldn't think that each owner of the teams also have personal votes on the board based on their percent of shares owned, just one vote as a representative of the team.

I'm sure someone from the USARL would be happy to expound and verify/correct me on this as the premise of the league is transparency in its governance.

You are right - New Haven and Jax were in last years Grand final, but NH is a shadow of itself and Jax are not as good as previous years. Half of Phillys team went to the Sharks, both Boston teams are non existant. I would say the Northern Raiders would beat the titans and rebellion.

I suppose DC may have a chance seeing that now that they actually get a full team, but as they have never beat the Knights I wouldn't bet on it!!!

Also, curious about Da Bears question - who owns the the USARL?

Its funny the two teams - Connecticut and Knights - that werent invited to the secret meeting to oust David Niu are arguably the two best teams at the moment!

That is absolutely Laughable... It seems the northern raiders are not as much of a joke showing up to games 1-2hrs late with 9 people as they have in previous years, but i wouldnt put the cart before the horse either. Before you say such silly things come watch the rebellion play or perhaps you can check the youtube video of the Slayers v. Rebellion or our website which has home games Shot in HD.

We arent a team to be taken lightly.

Last edited:

billy2

Juniors
Mr. Knight you throw all these pot shots at the USARL but what about the Bulls and the Vipers do they even exist? As an observer you and I both know this is the last year of the AMNRL.
These are the sort of comments that do nothing but harm.

I really can't understand the mentality of anyone who wishes for a comp in America to fold.

Both comps need to flourish for the game to keep on the fast track in America.

clarency

Juniors
These are the sort of comments that do nothing but harm.

I really can't understand the mentality of anyone who wishes for a comp in America to fold.

Both comps need to flourish for the game to keep on the fast track in America.

Well let's be straight here and say that that is entirely opinion.

While that is one perspective it can also be said that the path for the success of RL in the US is for the success of the Tomahawks. With THAT said the demise of the AMNRL would actually be a good thing as it would lead to a stronger national side.

billy2

Juniors
Well let's be straight here and say that that is entirely opinion.

While that is one perspective it can also be said that the path for the success of RL in the US is for the success of the Tomahawks. With THAT said the demise of the AMNRL would actually be a good thing as it would lead to a stronger national side.
You could have a career in politics.

Spinning the potential death of half the code in America into a good thing is quality spindoctoring.

Evil Homer

Staff member
You could have a career in politics.

Spinning the potential death of half the code in America into a good thing is quality spindoctoring.
It's not 'half the code' at all. If the AMNRL folded, the likelihood is that the only people lost to the game would be the likes of 'Mr Knight', who clearly do more harm than good.

billy2

Juniors
It's not 'half the code' at all. If the AMNRL folded, the likelihood is that the only people lost to the game would be the likes of 'Mr Knight', who clearly do more harm than good.
Running one of the top 2 or 3 clubs every year for the last decade is clearly ruining the game.

I can't believe how keen people are to see league destroy itself - especially when all the hatred is completely unnecessary.
There is no reason at all that the AMNRL can't go on doing what they are doing and the USARL can't do their thing without those of us who are not any form of stakeholder in this stirring the possum.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Running one of the top 2 or 3 clubs every year for the last decade is clearly ruining the game.

I can't believe how keen people are to see league destroy itself - especially when all the hatred is completely unnecessary.
There is no reason at all that the AMNRL can't go on doing what they are doing and the USARL can't do their thing without those of us who are not any form of stakeholder in this stirring the possum.
So you think it's alright that corrupt AMNRL officials control the USA national team and are running it as an AMNRL select team rather than a true national team for their own personal gain? You think it's alright that the AMNRL spends more time and effort taking pot-shots at the USARL and arranging 'training camps' in Hawaii than sorting out its own shambolic league? I think all genuine league fans who have been following this situation would agree that the AMNRL folding would be a big positive for the game, and hopefully this will be the last year of AMNRL before something is worked out either way.

Last edited:

Bigkrug

Juniors
There is no reason at all that the AMNRL can't go on doing what they are doing...

I for one hope that they do keep doing what they are doing and have been doing for over a decade. By 2215 the AMNRL may have 20 independent fans in attendance at the War at the Shore not associated with a player (wife, gf, media, ref, friends of a player making a weekend trip out of the game to Atlantic City, guy walking his dog who stops for five minutes).

How's that TV deal coming and the professional league that was support to start this year?

Fingal_Pharaoh

Juniors
Great News about the Atlanta Legion, there is plenty of talent in the region for this team to be competitive out of the gates. It is ashame that this development has been overshadowed by continuous bickering between delegates from the two comps.

Latest posts